Spoiler 죽었는데 왜 집착하세요 / Why Are You Obsessed? Even Though You’re Dead

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sweet_Bunny, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Sweet_Bunny

Sweet_Bunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Cover
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Manhwa Cover
    Artist: 미카
    [​IMG]

Title: Why Are You Obsessed? Even Though You’re Dead
    Other title: 죽었는데 왜 집착하세요 / Why are you obsessed when he’s dead? / Why are you obsessed when you're dead?
    Author: Han Yoon seol/한윤설 (Same author as "My Husband Changes Every Night" & "My In-laws Are Obsessed With Me")
    Novel artist: Serena
    Official Novel Raws: Naver series & Novel Naver
    Novel Updates: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/why-are-you-obsessed-even-though-youre-dead/
    Official Manhwa Raws: Naver series & Naver webtoon
    Manhwa Translation: —
    Genre: Romance Fantasy
    Status: Main story - 200 Chapters & Side Story - 6 Chapters (206 Chapters, 6 Volumes, Completed)
    Year: 2023

Novel Description

On the day of my wedding, I discovered that my partner and friend had cheated on me.

“Lea, I’m pregnant And you know who the father is.” Betrayed by both of them, I felt dead inside, and when I woke up again, I had regressed to the past. I thought of it as a blessing from the gods, a chance to seek rightful revenge.

But… “Why! How could this happen!” My regression didn’t end. Even if my revenge succeeded, I still died and kept regressing. So this time, I faked my death, abandoned everything, and left. I even abandoned my name to escape the killer who kept on killing me. After my death, everyone started regretting and looking for me. Having abandoned everything, I disguised myself as a maid in the Violentus Castle to hide. But the owner of this castle is strange. “Should I have killed Reperentia, or should I have kept her locked up and watched over her?” He regretted my death, of course. “How can the supposedly dead Reperentia be openly walking around?”

He even knew my hidden identity without anyone knowing. The ruler of the north, Duke Laches Violetus. Is this man my salvation, or is he the insane killer who kills me and traps me in regression?

~~~~~~

Manhwa Description (MTL)

On the day of the wedding, my lover and my friend had an affair.
    I died due to the two people's betrayal, and when I opened my eyes again, I had returned to the past.
    I thought this was a blessing from God and I was given a fair chance to get revenge.
    but… … This regression never ends.
    If you fail to take revenge, you die from their betrayal. If you succeed, you die in an accident.
    After dying and dying and dying again and again, to the final death.
    I have to see it. That all my deaths were not accidents, but murders by third parties.
    So this time, he pretended to be dead and left everything behind.
    To find this killer
    who kills me endlessly and get revenge.

MFC228 likes this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://www.novelupdatesforum.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. buttercupsy

buttercupsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the first 6 chapters of the manhwa! LOVING IT!

Naenia likes this.
  4. Selene830

Selene830 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    was the ML in love with the FL before?

sheisthedemon93 likes this.
  5. arwax

arwax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoiler??

6. GOGO2343

GOGO2343 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the seems of it, FL's power seems to be disabled when attempting on the ML? Touched his face and couldn't find anything.

I saw some of the comments from the site using Google translate and they seem to be pointing towards whoever the crown prince character is?

There was one comment saying that FL's ex was ordered (?) to have an affair with the other lady. Supposedly wanted the FL to be alone and away from the rest to then kill her.

These are the comments from the website. I can't look at all of it and can only see the upvoted comments. There does seem to be overlap so the above spoiler seems to be quite legit.

7. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer: everything written below is what I understood reading only two badly mtl’ed chapters in the middle of the story. I don’t know how it ends and don’t have any other spoilers. I only know the facts below. The full novel raws are available out there for free, the chapters even have titles to help select certain events, so more spoilers will be probably posted very soon.

A long time ago when the world had more magic (or superpowers) some guardians have sealed evil and seems like they were also sealed to keep evil in check. There are still some people who carry the bloodline of the guardians and have some powers, that are specific to their family or bloodline.

MC is the last descendant of one of the guardians and she has the power to read the past when she touches people. It looks like this power is supposed to do more specifically to help breaking the seal and release the guardians, but I don’t know the details.

MC is getting killed in each timeline so that the guardians can’t be released to fight the evil. Every time she is killed by “evil” that takes the form of a human (or takes over a person’s body to kill MC, it wasn’t very clear). ML didn’t kill MC.

MC is being resurrected by rewinding the time because of some princess (mtl called her Replio or Leplio) who wants to avoid the end of the world. The princess hides in a temple and is helped by a Cardinal. She also has memories of each of MC’s death and understands how horrible it is for MC to return to the past every time, but she needs the world to be saved, so she resurrects her every time. I guess that the princess is also a descendant of one of the guardians and has the powers that are similar to what other fantasy stories call holy powers. Btw the Cardinal doesn’t remember any other timelines, but he believes the princess every time and hides her in the temple and helps her in resurrection.

The princess hides in the temple mainly because her brother, prince Belial, has made the pact with “evil”.

As far as I understand MC can use her powers (read the memories) on everyone except for the 2 people who have the memories of the time rewinds (ML and the princess), and possibly all descendants of guardians as they all have certain powers. Her powers also don’t work on the people who have made a pact with evil. This is how MC realizes that Belial is the antagonist, she can’t read his memories.

_Alive__, neuxxx, rahee and 14 others like this.
  8. GOGO2343

Reading List:
    Link
    First, thank you so much for the spoiler! ML was what I was worried about but he seems to be clean. Looking forward to their moments together I guess.

This just makes me think how much easier these stories would be if any of the characters had telepathy. I always feel bad for these type of FLs because it's usually someone else in control. Even if its for the good of the world, their mental health is taking a beating :blobsad:

layyu, its0k and princesaslq like this.
  9. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping and Series discussion

Thank you all for the antagonist and rewind spoilers!

10. Kirax

Kirax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I really hate the victim x killer romances and this is regardless of how indirect his involvement was in her death was.

11. ririvermilion

ririvermilion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! May I also ask what will happen to her trashy ex and her so called friend? FL seem indifferent with her reactiom but I want so their karma

Naenia likes this.
  12. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer: I have only skimmed through a few chapters, so I don’t know the full context.

It was mentioned that both ex-fiancé and the friend (or their families) were involved with the devil/evil despite having the guardians bloodline.

The ex-fiancé was stabbed by the crown prince even though he was his ally. The prince was killing off, drugging or making crazy everyone who went against him, he also didn’t care much about his allies and was using them as he saw fit. So somehow it was convenient for him at that moment to kill off the MC’s ex-fiancé.

The friend has killed her own brother and was supposed to be executed. She told everyone that he was physically abusing her and she didn’t feel any remorse about killing him. She behaved like she was half-crazy during the execution, so there’s a chance she has murdered her brother while she was possessed by the devil or because she was told by prince to do it. There’s also possibility she’s not a legitimate daughter, but it’s my speculation based on how she’s behaving in the manhwa and that she was so badly abused and tortured by her own brother who was the head of their household.

During the execution MC has revealed to everyone that the crown prince is now the devil/evil (either possessed because of the pact they made or he has become the devil himself), that he was the one who has killed the ex-fiancé and also the emperor and empress (they turned out to be alive later in the chapter though), so there was a commotion and I don’t know whether the execution has actually happened.
    As I said in my previous spoiler
    ML didn’t kill MC. He wasn’t involved in her deaths neither directly nor indirectly.

She was killed by the devil/evil because she was a key to saving the world.

The only reason so far why she thought he might have been involved in her deaths is mentioned in the synopsis - he remembered all previous timelines, so MC was suspicious of him.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
    neuxxx, Juslikejazz, rahee and 12 others like this.
  13. Zyrainnn

Zyrainnn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does the ML know the MC's power?

14. RanMitake69

RanMitake69 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably yes.

15. drikamichiura

drikamichiura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Ml is the crown prince?

16. GOGO2343

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the Duke is the ML. Crown Prince is one of the enemies FL will be dealing with in the story.

ManhwaFreak and drikamichiura like this.
  17. drikamichiura

drikamichiura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arigatou for your answer:)

18. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on user its0k's spoiler, I am very surprised that the FL nor the ML don't have to do anything to cause the downfall of the Trash Ex-Fiancé & White Lotus Bitch Friend. Looks like these buffoons dug their own grave, and are not that relevant as antagonists in this story.
    56f52345e83310b4945ed481de38acf0.jpg
    Not a surprise that the lower social class false female friend may come from a bad, unfortunate background. It's a common trope.
    And who in their right mind tells blatantly the fiancée/soon to be wife on her wedding day that she is pregnant with their fiancé's/husband's child?
    79f96ac25d977779d9d82b181e5497aa.jpg
    I just saw this bizarre scenario already with another lower ranking envious homewrecker bitch/fake friend in Divorce Strategy/Plan!
    eaaa31466cfca7125e473d4a9eb313be.jpg 5919517cfe7bf6a892499d7318b9ce64.jpg

The ML in this adaptation kinda looks like the derrange Sub Yandere ML Antagonist Benjamin (I Have Become the Heroes' Rival).
    a51cfa2485aa368d564280a1105c6c70.jpeg 95857_22270439.jpg

What is the dramatic excuse of FL's father for neglecting her, keeping his distance from her, not saving her in the previous timelines and only showing up at her last time loop?
    0de94fc73998d26ba11a2a04a8b9b1a3.jpg

Juslikejazz and Yume-sama like this.
  19. lilacsruby

lilacsruby Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers about the ML and the MC’s father?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
  20. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how surprising, the father wanted to "protecting" her /I hope you feel the irony/ so father know from the beginning that the Evil wanna kill her, because her entire family including with her mother, uncles etc. was killed by the evil, so he began to investigate. He wanted MC to hate him, despise him etc. so she going to live /I don't see the logic/ this time he remember at the previous time life, this is why he coming back. The MC won't forgive him, and stab him: you saying you wanted to protect me, no you didn’t, I already died countless time /father broke down/ when you watched your papers at your table: I was burned to death, when you shoved me your back: I was stabbed to deth by an assassin. If you wanted to protect to me you should've keep me close, and tell me everything. You are not the cause why I living, the cause is that now I have people whom protecting and loving me. ", /SPOILER]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    neuxxx, Juslikejazz, rahee and 5 others like this.