Chinese A Crane’s Cry in Chang'An 鹤唳玉京 by Bao Yue Qi Yan 薄月栖烟 (HE)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Vico, May 27, 2024.

1. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name : A Crane’s Cry in Chang'An 鹤唳玉京
    Raw Link: https://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4189724
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:

Revenge, love, mystery, rebirth strong female lead... OH COME ON !
    This is gonna be adapted as a drama
    Description :

Jiang Li had been an orphan since childhood. Fortunately, she was adopted by Uncle Guang An as his adopted daughter and found stability.

She was born with unparalleled beauty, and was skilled in the art of medicine. She became famous in Chang'an at the age of thirteen. Later, she was asked in marriage by the prince of Jiang Ling, and was certain to become the prince's wife.

But misfortune stroke when she was fifteen years old——

The plague ravaged Chang'an, and the emperor's grandson died of illness on New Year's Eve. Her uncle Wei Guang An, who was the imperial physician at the time, failed to treat the disease and was imprisoned. Jiang Li didn't expect that her truthful testimony would become the key to conviction!

On the day when the Wei family was massacred, Jiang Li not only avoided being implicated because she had "placed morals before family," but also received a marriage by imperial decree .

For a time, everyone from the nobility who had been treated by Uncle Guang An scolded her for repaying kindness with evil, and cursed her to meet a painful death - until she died in the fire that burned for three days and three nights at Dengxian Bliss Tower.

Five years later, the Dengxian Paradise Tower was rebuilt. The unkind and unjust Jiang Li had been forgotten by the imperial capital. Xue Ling, the eldest daughter of the Xue family in Hedong who had been missing for many years, was found back in Chang'an at this time.

Xue Ling had been, abducted when she was young and later adopted by a quack doctor. Three years ago, she became famous all over the world for rescuing the leader of the Lie Dao Sect who had been between life and death for seven days.

At that time, mysterious cases were frequently appearing in Chang'an City. Xue Ling had the ability to bring back the dead, could save lives, heal the wounded, dissect corpses and track down criminals. Under the fame and glory, Xue Ling still hoped to kill someone to pay for a life, and repay the debt with blood——

Three days after returning home, the General's Mansion was involved in a murder case and disaster was imminent.
    Two months after returning home, the young Marquis discovered that his house was confiscated and he was exiled.
    Half a year after returning home, the Crown Prince of the Eastern Palace was about to be deposed...

Xue Ling sat and watched the turmoil in Chang'an, but didn't expect someone to openly stand against her, and that person turned out to be the righteous Pei Yan from a renown family in the capital, ——

Xue Ling got angry: "You are Jiang Li's mortal enemy, what does it have to do with me, Xue Ling!"

A long time later, Jiang Li wrote in a letter to an old friend: "I have no regrets in my life, but I owe a lot to Pei Yan. I can only repay him by staying with him for the rest of my life."

Lavvy, alleniver and mikaachan like this.
  2. wookraeth

wookraeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks interesting; maybe I'll pick it up if no one does by the time I have time

mikaachan and Vico like this.
  3. mikaachan

mikaachan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope someone picks it up

Vico likes this.
  4. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone: