Spoiler Bad Maids / The Wicked Ladies in Waiting

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FFHhhniaIAIx8ut.jpg
    FKMbo_RVgAA4rjo.jpg
    FGHFHCKS.jpg

Official Novel Raws: Author: 자야 | Jaya
    (The same author who wrote, "Ebony", "Queen, You Mustn't!", and "The Guidebook for Villainesses")

Description:

She fell in love with an immature young master. She, a commoner, with a young master from an aristocratic family that she shouldn’t have coveted recklessly.

Due to him being from an outstanding family, Yulia was killed at the hands of assassins sent by the marquis family, but it’s strange. She clearly met her death but her life didn’t end.

“Thank you for saving me.” The beginning was always the same. While being chased by assassins, she was rescued by the one called the Wolf of the Empire. Then, she died. Again and again.

After experiencing death eight times, Yulia finally realized. The fact that she wouldn’t be able to enjoy the rest provided by death as long as she didn’t put an end to the outstanding family who ordered to kill her.

As a result, in her ninth life, Yulia decided to become a maid at the royal palace. In order to obtain the highest position one could rise to as a commoner.

“What is the reason you wish to become a royal maid?”

“To cut off the head of Marjoram with the hands of the royal family.”

Will this life’s revenge be successful?

- The MC in the novel is planning a scheme to get revenge on the guy who always kills her in her past lives and that is Marjoram but she always gets saved by Admiral Karus but that's where it ends 'cause she always gets regressed once she gets saved by Karus (she gets killed again after being saved based on the mtled description).

- What's interesting is that in her current life, she decides to go to the royal palace and becomes a maid for the second prince Levisia in order to push through with her plan after being saved by the admiral (idk why she decides to become a maid because the review didn't mention more of that).

- She works together with two other maids who also have the same goal as her in getting revenge against Marjoram hence why this novel is called "Bad Maids".

Source: https://lariola.tistory.com/entry/자야-작가님의-신작-나쁜-시녀들-리뷰

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the cover of the novel, Mc looks really Cool:blobmelt:

Ac03 and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  4. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    So pretty! Honestly this is the first time I have seen such confident eyes!
    The art is just :blobnosebleed::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

lylac, Ac03, Fostofina and 2 others like this.
  5. donaiseiyuu

donaiseiyuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah one of my favourite authors! Why on kkp… those novels are impossible to get Hope some kind soul spoils… will even chip in for the raws

Hope this novel is about girl power and her journey to grow as a protagonist as her other novels are. I like her MLS as well, usually devoted and supportive. I don’t need another trash ML please….

6. Azka Anees

Azka Anees Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are the chapters not readable????:cry::cry:....this one looks really nice to read with a tough FL as we have seen in other works of the author.....gosh i want to read it so bad....does anyone have any spoilers about this....just anything????

Creolenerd likes this.
  7. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The maids look bad ass!

8. snooppyed

snooppyed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC decided to become 2nd Prince Levisia maid of honour because
    • she need shield aka his status as prince to avoid being killed by Marjorams that constantly hired asassin, because if she became maid of prince, she can't recklessly killed even if the prince status wasn't heir candidate
    • 2nd prince deeply hated Marjoms among the royals and constantly being ignored by nobles include Marjoms, marjoms was leading aristocratic party. it was said in mc monologue that his hatred related his dark childhood
    • 2nd prince was a royals that existed but wasn't existed because her mother is lover of king. his mother was obsessed/loving too deeply for the king so she doesn't care abt anything other than king. it was said she from low-nobles already became king's lover before the queen met king. the queen placed by marjoms and the king loved his lover ( 2nd prince mom ). but strangely, even his mom being favored by king, prince and king not close ( prince hated king, king doesn't care abt him)
    • 2nd prince has beautiful appearance inherited by his mom. he isn't interested abt throne before mc came.in past lives, he always have tragic endings. either being killed by his bro ( 1st prince who became king ) or being sold to other country in terms diplomatic marriage because his appearance. after all he doesn't have power and faction
    • btw he became second ML

9. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank u, and then who ML?

10. LaRue

LaRue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based from the spoilers you gave so when will the admiral (ml) appear?

11. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually don't know when he'll appear again since I just got that info from a review, probably later on in the story.

someoneisangry likes this.
  12. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fedora hat dude from the 3rd cover is the ML?

someoneisangry likes this.
  13. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I think that's him well most K-novels I know always have the ML appear beside the MC in the later novel covers.

Eloisane likes this.
  14. snooppyed

Reading List:
    Link
    known as the Imperial Wolf, he was a rational and sharp person. I don't think he's a domineering person like ML usually is. he is only domineering as military commander not in relationship. i really like his attitude in the relationship. he doesn't interfere excessively in FL's revenge. in all 9 lives julia, in the end, Karus always betrayed the Emperor ( forced to betray ) because the emperor always suspicious and jealous to him. everyone was more afraid of Karus than the Emperor, Karus was too big for him to control. from those seeds, he started giving karus missions that were impossible or suicide missions. but karus always managed to survive the mission. Over time, the emperor started to get restless and finally exiled karus to South, which means his commander status is just a display with no real power. emperor always loves the empress even though she always have mistress. the empress is obsessed with Karus, but Karus doesn't respond and stays away from him. so empress thinks "if i can't have it, no one can" from then on, she tried to asassinated Karus like when she ordered to kill him and his subordinated in mountain near FL's asassination. after Karus saved FL, she told him that there wa ambush if you go down to mountain. he doesn't believe in her prophecy but still checks it, and it's true. fl returns the favor by sharing some information in the form of prophecy

There is no sudden love, it all starts with suspicion. his first impression of FL is suspicion of spy - mysterious and strange benefactor - 'wait and see' atittude - partner of a deal - ally - friend and concern - love. he doesn't force his love on FL because he knows about FL's inability to love (because of repeated lives). in the novel, there is no "you are different from other, so I am interested" , the progress of their relationship is very logic not full fantasy. he supports FL's mentally, his love is restrained and is more concerned with FL than his satisfaction.

FL always wakes up in the next life with his help. when FL assasinated in cover carriage accident by Marjoram, ML and his subordinate passed the broken carriage with fl bleeding and unconscious, ML bring fl to healer.

FL attitude always has priority, namely revenge. even if fl love ml, she always know that she can die and always repeat her lives with ml forget abt her again. she told him that she was not strong enough to accept his love, she was afraid that she would die again. when fl confessed her love, fl said that this life was the last for her, the last for revenge and the last for everything. if she failed, she will go crazy and just will continue suicide or run away leave everything behind.

Julia fell asleep quickly.

My chest went up and down a little. Karus couldn't take her eyes off her tired sleepy face.

said she wanted to live

The words that Julia uttered while drunk in her sleep lingered around without leaving him. I didn't want to break up like this, I didn't want to die.

It was heartbreaking and painful. The fact that Julia was about to die again made me so angry that I couldn't stand it. If possible, I wanted to kill everyone in the square.

It was also the first time. I didn't want to part.

Even during the war, he had never felt such a deep sense of murder. When he found out that Julia was being trampled on by people lying on the floor, he was half crazy.

how can i protect you

At the very least, there would have been a massacre there. It was fortunate that Julia fell asleep without knowing anything.

'I want to live.'

Karus touched Julia's eyes with her fingertips. he ran through her eyebrows, her fine lashes, and the corners of her eyes. Then he gently covered her face with her large hand.

I could feel the warm, moist breath on my palms. The breath was weak enough to tickle him, but it was the warmth that especially bothered him.

'Swallow it in one bite.'

Carus listened to his heart.

it will be sweet will be yearning endlessly. Every time Julia takes a breath, he'll be anxious to swallow it whole, without any waste.

She was a fierce and ferocious beast. She hunted him down, caught him and left him uneaten. After all, he had been unable to escape for a long time.

Perhaps this thirst is for that reason.

The heart of Karus Rankea already belonged to Julia Arte.

He got up from his chair without knowing when. Putting his hands away from his Julia's face, he sat across her bed and locked her with his arms.

As he tilted her face, he felt her breath. He knew he was acting like her madman. Yet he couldn't stop. Even though he knew he was cowardly, tens of thousands of reasons were pouring in and encouraging him.

Karus tilted his head and kissed Julia's neck. He buried his lips in the white skin exposed between her pajamas and took a deep breath.

pounding. pounding. pounding.

His heart went mad and coveted her. Although still in his heart, she was a being who lived with her breath.

'Swallow it in one bite.'

The heart was speaking to her, not him.

born as 2nd prince of Ortega Kingdome from king's lover, his status is lowest among royal family. he hates his father and his mother who is obsessed with the king. live in leisure as a non-heir. He has no political faction and is constantly scorned by Marjoms Sibling. but one day, FL asked to be made his personal maid to destroy Marjoms. from that moment on, he became interested in julia and developed a crush on her. He knew that whoever became king accompanied by his brother, his life would end in misery, either being sold to another country in the context of a diplomatic marriage or being killed. he finally resolved to become king for Julia.

A prince who said he hated the royal family and only played luxuriously with the royal family's money. A prince who wants to become a king while denying the king. He is a prince who wants to live, but in fact wants to have power for a woman

his character is gentle and caring for his own people, he has not confessed to Julia but his chief maid, Coco, and other MLs known his feeling for julia. Julia herself doesn't know about her feelings. he knows Julia is cruel, she choose him not because him but because among royals, only him that hated deeply about Marjoms. his vibes are similar to Second ML who only loves secretly and just want her to be happy

he is the right arm of Empress Denebra who was sent by the Empire's envoy to Ortega, to be precise known as Empress dogs or mistress. he has tragic background , he was prisoner of enemy county an illegitimate child, then he crawled infront Empress and climbed until he captured Empress heart with his handsome face and succeeded to the count from empress favor. he has pervert nature and possibly became villain to obtain julia. At first he was attracted to Julia because Julia ruined his plan to kill Karus in the mountains where Julia first wakes up every new life. When he met Julia, he recognized Julia as the same monster as him. He sometimes helps Julia in killing someone related to Marjoms, but sometimes she also sides with Julia's enemies. whatever he did was to get Julia's attention. if julia smiles a little, she is immediately very happy, because usually julia doesn't need to cover herself as a good person in front of him as julia know they were similar. he once invited julia to runaway bt his secret mission in Ortega to create civil wars again imperialist and non-imperial.
    ------------------------
    "Yulia."

Blythe asked with a smile.

“Would you like to go to the Empire with me?”

There was no perfume smell in him today. Maybe it's because the wind is blowing.

Can you give me an answer this time?

“I don't care about dogs that have owners.”

Her voice descended with the moonlight and grabbed his heart.

"Because it's useless."

Her voice, which had always been calm, sounded like a song. Eyes full of emotion poured out. arrogant and pure evil. Julia was like a northern demon that was only told in stories.

yes i wanted that

Blythe couldn't control the joy that was rising up. He couldn't help but feel the exhilarating pleasure that climbed up his back as he did when he first fell on his knees and swore obedience to Denebra.

Julia was not afraid of him. He didn't even covet. When he was in front of me, I just looked at him.

If you cross the line, you will be punished. If you cross the line, you will be forgotten. So, barely, to keep her from ignoring herself, she has to play on that precarious line.

I felt like a clown. Denebra looked at him like a dog, so he leashed him and trained him to obey.

However, Julia put him on top of her line and made him neither approach nor escape.

“I wish I had met you before the Empress.”

If it were, Blythe would have become a dog to serve Julia Arte.

A bell rang in the distance. The distance was very far. Like the sound of a bird's wings flying in the wind, it was a sound that fluttered in your ears.

Julia, leaning against the railing of the balcony illuminated by the pale moonlight, seemed too distant to Blyth.

Her status is just a commoner and nothing more than a handmaiden. The royal family served was the son of a concubine, and she was not a conspicuous beauty like Denebra.

But it kept pulling him. He was unfamiliar with himself. It felt like I was caught in a trap. It felt like I was walking into a bottomless swamp with every step I took.

“Levisia Ortega can't do anything for you. That kid will just hover around you like a fire moth and burn to death in the flames of fate.”

Mouth moved freely.

“The royal family is too unworthy to be loyal to someone like you. The son of a concubine who has no backbone. The king even said that he lived ignoring him like a child without a lifetime. Do you really think such a prince can ascend to the throne?”

Julia was staring at him as if piercingly. Perhaps it was because he was drunk with that gaze, his words flowed constantly.

“Come with me to the Empire. Julia, I'll pick you up. To a high place that you could not have imagined, to a world where noble people live.”

“It's worthless.”

Julia whispered in a low voice. She didn't know if she was talking to him or if she was talking to herself.

Blythe asked.

"Then tell me what you want."

“The flowers I want don't bloom in your garden.”

--------------------

Empress Denebra was a powerful man with a significant number of troops. It was only a matter of time before she could devour her south like the north, if only she could bring all of her troops.

Carus can then be killed.

Blyth could not control her hunger for Julia Arte from one day. Whenever I remembered that smile, as if drawn with a brush, my body was sweet like a blindfolded racehorse. Something flowed from his chest like someone who had his heart stolen.

Longing for Julia. I want to make you come to me instead of by Karus Rankea's side.

No, I want to go directly to her side and play around under her. I want to enter those eyes that resemble a swamp. I want to live wrapped around her wrists and ankles.

In order to do that, I had to first get rid of Karus Rankea.

15. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers :aww: I have also have questions.

• Can you also spoil about the maids in the 2nd novel cover? From the review I got, they all have been affected by Marjoram(?) so they team up against that guy, what were their reasons for deciding to do so?
    • What are their plans to bring the villain down?

SofiyeJaan and Ac03 like this.
  16. snooppyed

Reading List:
    Link
    Coco ( the red hair ) is already a chief maid in 2nd prince palace when Julia entered as maid. she is the only daughter of Count Hinch. Count Hinch used to be central nobles but returned to his teritory for some reason. the count quite powerful and deals with trade like fishermen. merchant and have a good reputation. Coco is fierce woman, never loses in tongue-battle, looks like hot headed but secretly caring for her people especially Julia that were commoner. she was afraid that Julia will be bullied

coco was a friend and family to 2nd prince as she already together with him from childhood. coco thinks of him as little brother.Julia first met Coco in the 8th life, they were friend and family with revenge purpose. Julia confessed that she never dies and always repeated lives, and coco believes her. coco taught her how to get revenge if there’s a next life, she recommends for her to be 2nd prince maids , share information like Merchant Association related to Marjoms, and etc. in another life, Julia come under Count Hinch and study from him as subordinate , her cleverness catch count eyes and she taught her this and that. until the chapter where i read, Coco's reason for revenge hasn't been mentioned yet.
    Alexa (silver haired) is the daughter of the fallen Viscount Kwan. at that time, his father was naively deceived by the deception between the merchant association, pirates, and imperial slave traders, becoming indebted. He took his own life when he was forced to take young Alexa as hostage after taking the mortgage on her house, land, right to pay her debts. then the debt moved to alexa. he was then taken to be a mercenary doing all the dirty work such as killing, stealing, escorting, blackmailing, to the battlefield. basically he is a slave for the merchant guild. Alexa uses a pseudonym while working as a mercenary and there is very little info about her.

When there is a sword battle between royals, and Julia asks Prince and Coco to save Alexa from the slave contract and make her his maids, because only the royals can cancel the contract. Alexa Kwan is genius with sword, when she joined the battle, she defeated the imperial commander. her personality is quite, calm, like snow. he agreed to become the 2nd prince maid because julia served the prince, so actually he is a follower of Julia of gratitude for saving her.

Julia met Alexa in 5th life. at that time, Julia joined the Liberation Army ( group of non-imperial and wants independent) but was betrayed by them and sold into slavery abroad at Marjoms' request. at that time when transport in slave traders ship, she met Alexa that caught as slave too. they became friend and julia told her curse but alexa already depressed enough. Alexa didn't give any information about herself even though Julia asked her full name to help her in the next life. they escaped but was caught, alexa sacrificed herself for julia to fights them off. Julia row a boat but unfornately died.

in the next few lives, Julia searches for all information about Alexa but Julia can't save her yet bcs minim information. only in this life (9th) she was able saves her

17. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Physical description about the MLs?
    Is the archduke the ending ML?

18. snooppyed

Reading List:
    Link
    black hair & eyes, yes he is. FL already confessed she loves him

19. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for answering my questions and I forgot to add other questions I'm curious to know as well... :blobpopcorn:
    • Is Julia's family background related to her ability to revive in every single life that she had lived? or did she just acquire that ability with no explanation behind it yet?
    • Does Julia have any living family members? or Is she an orphan?
    • Do the other girls (the maids) have love interests in this novel? (Personally, I'd want them living well by themselves, if that's what they want but I'm interested to know if they also have a "romance" spotlight in this novel or not. I'm ok with it either way.)
    • Why is Marjoram constantly trying to kill her in every single life she had before? That wasn't really explained well in the novel's description.
    • Is Marjoram the 1st prince? or Is he a very influential person in the noble circle? What is his description?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    donaiseiyuu and notregistered like this.
  20. innocentdiablerie

innocentdiablerie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    has this been picked up yet? :blobpopcorn: