Spoiler Being a Supporting Character has its Own Difficulty/Supporting Characters Also Need Some Love

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CreativeCriticalThinker, Nov 7, 2022.

1. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on @lazynoodles Novel Pickup Request thread
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/being-a-supporting-character-has-its-own-difficulty.84835/
    0.jpg 00.jpg
    Original Title
    조연도 나름 힘들다
    Alternative Titles:
    The Supporting Role is quite difficult
    Being a Supporting Character has its Own Difficulty
    The Troubles of Supporting a Female Lead
    Supporting Characters Also Need Some Love

Description:
    The MC has a friend that she can never compare to and when the both died she reincarnated into another world. She was very satisfied with the status that she had in life. Until, she found that her "friend" reincarnated into someone else and again its as if she cannot compare. Thus, the MC works hard to polish herself up as a woman and searches for a way to get a job in case she's unable to get married. That's where she meets a co-worker and falls in love. Later, her friend tells her to her face that no matter what she does she will never compare, and she never be happy. The MC is determined to be happy and to save the kingdom while she's at it.

Rough MTL/Google Translation:
    After an unfortunate accident in which she lived as if she was hidden by her friend's halo for 24 years, she possessed a beautiful young Ae and thought that she could live as the lead, not a supporting one, here. She meets Siyeon, a friend who possesses the body of a person with destiny....
    'Romance is still bad in this life. If that's the case, I'll aim for the other side!' She wants to become the first female finance minister by making use of her major before she dies, and after her efforts, she goes to the military as an administrator trainee, and meets Adrian, a commander and an unfortunate nobleman. “Please hang out with me. Damian Young-ae.”
    Finally, she wanted to be the protagonist of a romance sweet as honey, but she gets caught up in a huge incident by a political force that is aiming for the throne…
    Overturning the cheerful and lively casting of Damian, a busy supporting actor who needs to save love, life, and even the country!

Summary
    While driven in her life and supported by loving parents, Mihyang Kim has been a sidekick, shadowed by her childhood friend, Shiyeon. When both of them suffer a fatal accident, Mihyang is reborn as Damia, and Shiyeon is reborn as Eileen in a new fantasy world. Surprisingly, their new lives as Nobles and Socialites in this new world mirror their lives back in Korea, and Damia drives herself to find her own path in life, escaping the shadow of her long-time friend. However, with Eileen caught in a web of royal politics and a large conspiracy slowly revealing itself in the kingdom, Damia must find a way to help her friend, and survive this new world herself!
    000.jpg 0000.jpg Supporting Characters Also Need Some Love.jpeg
    PROMO ONESHOT in French
    https://www.bentomanga.com/manga/being-a-supporting-character-has-its-own-difficulties
    https://manga-scantrad.io/manga/being-a-supporting-character-has-its-own-difficulties/

Novel Chapter RAWS

https://page.kakao.com/content/50722296
    https://ridibooks.com/books/777044796
    https://m.blog.naver.com/dpfls1184/221605095174

Webtoon RAWS
    https://hohotoon282.com/webtoon/31629417?stx=조연도+나름+힘들다&toon=일반웹툰&title=조연도-나름-힘들다

Webtoon in English
    https://bato.to/series/114725

Why I find it interesting:

• The face slapping of the 2-faced White Lotus friend of the MC
    • I have a soft spot for the heard working and earnest MC.
    • The MC finds her own man to fall in love with and doesn't compete nor does she get overly jealous of her friend.
    • The MC searches for happiness in her own way.
    • The 2-faced friend is super selfish and would do anything to get her way. It's implied that she destroys a country to get what she wants.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. pastelroses

pastelroses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Manhwa coming December 8
    FB_IMG_1669302333506.jpg

4. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
  5. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite refreshing to see a ReStory where a White Lotus/Green Tea Bitch is not coming from an inferior lower class and didn't kill her Best Friend the MC in the first life/timeline (y)(y)(y)

00000.jpg
    What I noticed from reading Manhwa/Webtoon Chapter 1-2:
    I find it quite funny and ridiculous that Eileen/Shiyeon seems to be very jealous of and feel threatened by her supportive childhood sidekick Damia/Mihyang.o_O
    Why would a privileged CEO Daughter/Duke Daughter/Desirable Textbook Beautiful Heroine be resentful of her lower ranking friend who just wants to do her own thing like becoming independent and a female administrator?????
    Is it really just because the MC is very competent, knows what she wants and is loved/cared by her family in both lives?:confused:
    Don't tell me, she is the lonely elite rich girl who is actually secretly unhappy/miserable and need lower poorer people to make her feel good/special about herself again...... Seems like having two attractive royal assholes fighting over you, isn't enough to satisfy your ego...:cautious:
    I have no empathty for her complaints at all.:blobconfused:
    That self-centered whiny Fairy Tale Princess Bitch failed to see the struggle of her 'Supporting Best Friend Servant' and how many toxic shallow people have mockingly compared Mihyang to her in the past during their school years!:mad:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  6. AFairfax

AFairfax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoilers pleaseeee

mysticalavalon likes this.
  7. Aiko_Tachibana

Aiko_Tachibana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like the thread isn't active. The story seems really good. Is there a translated novel for this?

mysticalavalon likes this.
  8. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Since 2019 this novel hasn't been picked up by any fan translater, yet.
    Only the webtoon/manwha adaptation recently.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    Aiko_Tachibana likes this.
  9. momomo5

momomo5 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Eileen is jealous of Damia because while she has the looks, the money, and the pedigree, our MC has the skills, the talents, and the drive to make things of her life. Eileen/Shiyeon when faced with a problem is the type to despair and has a why-only-me mentality and complains instead of looking for a solution. Eileen is also the type to give up quickly and doesn't value hard work. This can be seen when she was bitching about how much work she put in and how many tutors she had to get to college. If she was a decent human being, she have been proud of her hard work paying off and grateful that she has the resources to literally learn anything even if she was dumb as a rock. She feels like since she was blessed with looks and money from birth, her life should be free from struggles or effort. There is no helping such mentality.:blobunsure:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  10. justwantocomment

justwantocomment Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I think Imma good character judge since Ik right of the bat that Eileen is selfish bic lol. Imagining a said 'friend for life' but not being happy when her friend found her way of life.

schmawesome, donaiseiyuu and AFairfax like this.
  11. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Eileen may very likely be the narcissist type...
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/a28690119/what-is-a-narcissist/
    https://pathwaysfamilycoaching.com/types-of-narcissists/

schmawesome likes this.
  12. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    Does someone still have acess to the promo in english? I can't find it anywhere

13. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the English promo about 5 years ago but...
    The now defunct fan-translator website SecretLandCastle was the only one that has the promo oneshot in English.
    You can only read the oneshot in French.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  14. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. It's a such a shame ::blobcatsad::

15. Kirarapot

Kirarapot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler camping

Note_12 likes this.
  16. floren20lover

floren20lover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. tropical_witch

tropical_witch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I swear the ml had my standards going through the roof, he's the model romantic interest for sure

schmawesome and NuniOk like this.
  18. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    The best wholesome ML I've ever witnessed is Tellus Termaine in Another Typical Fantasy Romance ;)

19. tropical_witch

tropical_witch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG THATS SUPER TRUE!!! hes perfect i cant with, they have the most healthy relationship that i´ve read in manhuas

20. phamtasia

phamtasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh hell yes. She is really a bitch. In Chapter 32, she was so condescending towards Damia impying that the latter is so pitiful that she has to work while she herself married a prince. Real bitch. Would love to see her have a pathetic ending.