Disgaea 6 is finally coming to PS4, PS5 and PC!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by AliceShiki, Feb 11, 2022.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.gematsu.com/2022/02/disgaea-6-complete-announced-for-ps5-ps4-and-pc

Uhn... Yeah, that's all.

No, seriously, this is my favorite gaming franchise ever, and I was really bummed out that the 6th game was a Switch Exclusive. I'll finally be able to play Disgaea 6 now~ :aww::aww::aww:

For those that don't know, Disgaea is a SRPG franchise. The gameplay is similar to stuff like Fire Emblem and Super Robot Wars.

The quirk of Disgaea is that the stories tend to be a bit more on the comedic side, and the numbers go stupidly high, like... Lv cap was usually 9999, but in this game it's actually 99999999... Though you also level crazy fast, so like, the game isn't nearly as grindy as the level cap might make it look like. Also, the story tends to require no grinding to be done at all, only post-game content tends to require grinding.

In any case, part of the problem of the Disgaea franchise was actually that the post-game grind could get very repetitive and take quite a bit of time... To solve that problem, Disgaea 6 added an auto-battle function, so now even the post-game grind can be done without investing that much time, which feels awesome to me, as I may enjoy grinding in general, but not specifically grinding the same stage over and over again... >.>

I guess that's all I have to say rn... Anyways, I'm hyped. Definitely the best gaming news I can expect for 2022~

2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been playing it since ps2, psp, ps3. it always been a good game. it was one of my replacements for final fantasy tactics.

Honestly I love fire emblem the most srpg are fun, but for some reason fire emblem has always been good when it comes to challenging the player.

My only problem is that nintendo rarely makes a PC version of it's games and a switch is not exactly affordable to me at the moment nor is it something I want till they come out with a better version of it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    ANonMouse likes this.
  3. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate The Waffle King

Reading List:
    Link
    Good bye life

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nice

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, guess I should try this series for once.

I'm gonna have to emulate them, but it should be fine! I'm just glad there's a bunch of games coming out now.

AliceShiki and ANonMouse like this.
  6. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    This series is such a nostalgia.. I remember the time when I watched the anime version of disgaea..

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's why I'm happy about the PS4/PS5/PC version of Disgaea 6 coming! No need to play it on a Switch! \(^^)/
    You could try Disgaea 4 Complete+ on Steam. It's not particularly expensive, and it's one of the best games of the franchise. It also often gets some 50% off sales on Steam.

Alternatively, you could also try the Disgaea 1 Complete+ for Android... It's not nearly as good as Disgaea 4, but it's pretty decent... Just don't try the Disgaea PC port, it's pretty dated and you'll probably feel that it's way too slow and clunky. The Android version is considerably better.

And if you really want to emulate the games... Uhn... If your PC can run a PS3 emulator, I'd suggest emulating Disgaea 3. It's not as good as Disgaea 4, but it's the turning point in the series where they seriously started investing in Quality of Life, so it feels much better to play than the original versions of Disgaea 1 and Disgaea 2.

... But well, if you can't, then I guess you should use a PS2 emulator to run either Disgaea 1 or Disgaea 2... I think Disgaea 1 has a better storyline, but Disgaea 2's gameplay is a bit more streamlined... I honestly feel like both games are a bit too clunky and slow for modern standards, but it's the best you can get with a PS2 emulator, I suppose.

... At this point I'd honestly recommend just emulating Fire Emblem or Super Robot Wars tbh. You can get a better experience out of those than out of the PS2 versions of Disgaea 1 and 2.

Alternatively, you could also try playing Phantom Brave on Steam (while it is from the same publisher of Disgaea, the gameplay is fairly different, as Phantom Brave uses a Circular Grid instead of a square one like Disgaea does), which is cheaper than Disgaea 4 and is also a great game. You can also try waiting for Spring, when Makai Kingdom is getting a Steam Release. Which is a similar game to Phantom Brave, but that still holds some key differences.
    Oh yeah, the anime is lovely~

Been forever since I watched it, but I definitely enjoyed it~

8. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I think I should be able to emulate PS3 games...somewhat. :hmm::notlikeblob:

9. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate The Waffle King

Reading List:
    Link
    ~ 29th of June~~~

SquadCammander354 likes this.