Recommendations "Forbidden Love" trope BL

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan, Jun 9, 2024.

1. Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan

Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not INCEST ❌ neither any questionable step bro trope!
    What I mean is, any borderline Forbidden Love trope. For example, office romance between boss and a bullied employee, a master n his disciple, police x prisoner or criminal; anything that screams "Not supposed to be doing this" not because of society but norms, or it could also be in the limits of "being disrespectful" is a definition of this forbidden area haha.
    I've read restricted Area so it's der. And 2ha, my obsession, closes right on to my taste.
    It's just I like the idea of the ML calling the MC by his title then suddenly switching up wen in love or...haha lust??
    I'm a huge fan of historical settings and kingdom, because it's unusual n also the idea of conservativity is so well done if they're historical, but I'd be fine with modern too.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
  2. SectOfMintTea

SectOfMintTea Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for but "Unattended Marriage"

3. flyingpingu

flyingpingu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. sailboater

sailboater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    turning - royal duke, commander of a legion x his direct (commoner) subordinate. you can see it as extra "forbidden" as mc (subordinate) killed the commander in his previous life, before regressing. if you mind, it is omegaverse, in a world where the concept of alpha and omega is brand new (yes, there are a lot of chapters, but it is never slow or boring. incredible worldbuilding. etc etc.)
    the brainwashing of the impending disaster isnt being undone - mc's stepfather brainwashes ml to become a mindless servant to mc, as mc tirelessly tries to undo the brainwashing. mc and ml are also royals of enemy kingdoms
    dont covet the beautiful system
    restricted area - iirc mc is a librarian at a prison, and ml is a prisoner. mc and ml were also neighbours before ml was incarcerated
    the demon lord only wants to follow the script - demonic cultivator leader x righteous clan heir (or something i dont rly remember sorry) TW: sexual abuse between main characters
    exclusive dating restriction zone - also a manhwa. disclaimer: i read the manhwa not the novel lol. alpha boss x beta subordinate

idk i hope you like at least one of these. good luck!

5. Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan

Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tysm for the detailed recs! I'll make sure 2 check them out! (⁠ʘ⁠ᴗ⁠ʘ⁠✿⁠)

Oooh. These, some r manhwa too. Whoa. I'm in for a treat. Thanks (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

Hm. The description is pretty cool. Ok! Onto my never ending tbr it goes haha thankyou! (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

SectOfMintTea and flyingpingu like this.