Korean [From the author of Dreamcide] The Raising Falcon (Bisexual Male MC)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Nancy Drew, Jul 20, 2023.

?

Would you like to read this novel?

1. Yes (I am a woman)

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes (I am a man)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No (I am a woman)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. No (I am a man)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Хон Чжонхун. Летящий сокол.jpg
    Name: The Raising Falcon (비상하는 매)
    Language: Korean
    NU Link: none
    Author: Hong Jeonghoon ("Dreamcide", "Reveries of the Moonlight", "Dawnbringer", "Arche Blade")
    Content Rating: For all ages (South Korea)

But this book is a black comedy that has things that are not intended for underage readers: 1) a high level of abuse and violence, 2) several rapes (heterosexual and homosexual), 3) torture, suicide and all that.

Why It Should Get Picked Up: I want to read this novel because it is written by the author of the "Dreamcide" webtoon.

In addition, "The Raising Falcon" is one of the most important novels in Korean fantasy literature. This book began to be published online in 1996 when the fantasy genre was not popular in South Korea, but due to the huge popularity of this book, a huge number of Korean fantasy novels have appeared: "Dragon Raja" (1997), "Karsearin: Adventures of a Red Dragon" (1998), "Mookhyang" (1999), etc.

Plot and character information at Korean online encyclopedia Namuwiki: https://namu.wiki/w/비상하는 매

Description:
    9th circle archmage, invincible Pherr-ahab
    The most righteous paladin, Tharhan Feiirus

Fight against the forces of darkness that are trying to destroy the world!

An epic of love, adventure and betrayal unfolds in a frenzy of death and murder!

Plot
    Seven dark gods created an army of darkness to destroy the world. The wizard [Pherr-ahab assain sat] imposed a vampire curse on himself, thanks to which his magical power increases every time he drinks someone's blood, so after 200 years he became almost a god and went to save the world from the army of darkness. However, all seven dark gods simultaneously attacked him, and he barely managed to stay alive. Using what was left of his magic power, he turned himself into a falcon and escaped. The pious paladin [Tharhan Feiirus], who serves the god of light and justice, saw a wounded falcon and decided to heal him.

Judging by the feedback from Korean readers, the protagonist Pherr-ahab was a homosexual male at the beginning of the book, but around the middle of the book, he became a bisexual male. This book is not marked "BL" on Korean websites, hence it is not a BL book.

In the book, Pherr-ahab is a sexy and forever young bishounen who looks like a beautiful young woman with black eyes, long black hair, high growth (190 cm), etc. But the cover of the book depicts the blond Tharhan as a hot guy, despite the fact that in the book Tharhan is a strict moralist and is faithful to his elf wife.

Pherr-ahab has a rebellious sensibility, and his call for the individual self, human rights, freedom, and self-determination is strongly revealed. He is similar in appearance and personality to Wei Wuxian from "The Founder of Diabolism" or something like that.

And Tharhan is a very unlucky man who regularly experiences various misfortunes (he was excommunicated from his church, he was expelled from his hometown, etc.) from the moment he first met Pherr-ahab. But as a result of an absurd set of circumstances, he became Pherr-ahab's comrade-in-arms and must help him save the world.

2. laxarlev

laxarlev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 also this Is the book that intruced all the swordmaster levels/ magic circles and other thing that we see often in recent novel; and he was inspired by D&D

Nancy Drew likes this.
  3. laxarlev

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump

Nancy Drew likes this.
  4. laxarlev

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump again