Discussion Have your parents done this ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Butterfly_Snowflake, Jun 3, 2024.

?

Done this ?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Haven’t asked

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Butterfly_Snowflake

Butterfly_Snowflake ◥ ཐི༏ཋྀ ʚɞ THE ICONIC CHATTERBOX ʚɞ ཐི༏ཋྀ ◤

Reading List:
    Link
    Has it ever happened that your parents told your childhood incident which is funny or embarrassing for you in front of relatives or in front of someone? Like when you were a baby and wet your diaper at a place… or something else? :blobstare::meowoh::blob_teary:

Or You are teased by them for a certain incident which you don’t even remember of infancy or when you were a child ?

Nia2760, Alisoa and By.Eve like this.
  2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I "fondly" remember waking up to my brother mistaking the chair in the bedroom for the toilet bowl

3. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's just life with an older relative. funny thing is, the older you become the more you start doing the same to your own younger relatives as well.
    you start realizing the meaning of life when you are visiting family and the little kid you used to buy gifts for when coming over is now a teenager that you can tease with your memories of when they were little.

God slayer, seemanta, Alisoa and 8 others like this.
  4. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember one time...I was in high school, it was my birthday...my mom asked me to invite my friends...well, I don't have much friends...so i invited two of my closest classmates at that time. One girl, one boy...so they went to my house after school, and my mom, surprisingly...asked them if they wanted to see my photo album when I was a child, and she esp looking at the boy I invited, as if she was hinting at something. Ad keep saying bunch of nonsense in my childhood, which pisses me off so much.

Butterfly_Snowflake likes this.
  5. delulu reader

delulu reader Reclusive Hermit

Reading List:
    Link
    My mom does this all the time and i can't just blame her because that's just how she is :)
    When I was young I used to cuss at guests...and till to this day,my mom tells that to every other guest or relative.God.

And my 4y/o self didn't know my own name so when my friends introduced themselves,I used to tell them my grandpa name.

6. TRIBAL2199

TRIBAL2199 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My mom tells embarrassing stories about me to near strangers. After all this time I just mostly ignore it.

7. justgonnaaskforrecs

justgonnaaskforrecs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am a quite kid who doesn't do much so there isn't anything to share, my twin sister on the other hand, is wild and full of embarrassing story lol. :blob_patpat:

seemanta and Butterfly_Snowflake like this.
  8. LittleFool

LittleFool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, when she runs out of topic in front of her friends or strangers. I don't really mind. Because I've begun doing the same to my younger cousins, not in front of others, but just reminding them how much they depended on me whenever they start showing me a little bit too much attitude

9. frrama

frrama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankfully my parents were too conscientious to do this when I was young... not so much when I got older, though. Literally the last time I left the house with my Dad before he became increasingly ill and housebound, he took great delight in telling a complete stranger, "((frrama)) was named after my wife's pet dog!" - thanks, Dad.

Mind you when I was very young, I was oversensitive to the point that I hated my parents talking about me to other people at all - I vaguely recall being about three or four and getting worked up into tears of rage/misery in the back seat of my mother's car, because she was telling her friend in the passenger seat about some quite innocuous thing that I'd done lately. I don't remember what, and probably only remember that it happened at all because that very incident became one of those things my parents teased me about - but only in private.

Now I get to be the one who mercilessly teases my younger relatives! I don't do it only to be a jerk though; they don't believe me when I tell them this, but it is (at least mostly) a strategy for toughening them up. I myself can be excessively thin-skinned at times (which I think is due in part to being an only child) and it's not a fun way to be.

10. Bad Storm

Bad Storm looking for love in a stranger's bed

Reading List:
    Link
    what are parents...

Butterfly_Snowflake and By.Eve like this.
  11. 3db

3db Looking at the tea too lazy to pick it up

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't this the default state of parents when someone visits? It's basically my mom's part time job to spread my embarrassing stories around at this point.

People even confuse the stories of me and my sister who is a lot younger, so they probably think half of those are yours too :blobpopcorn:

12. Butterfly_Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    …… I am your parent ….

13. TheOldestDream915149

TheOldestDream915149 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's quite common for parents to share funny or embarrassing childhood stories with relatives or friends, but I don't like it.

14. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    One of many is the time my teacher thought I was deaf and recommended I be taken to a hearing doctor. They found out it was just because I don’t pay attention really badly

Butterfly_Snowflake and seemanta like this.
  15. Bad Storm

Bad Storm looking for love in a stranger's bed

Reading List:
    Link
    not negligent enough

16. Alisoa

Alisoa † The fallen Saint †

Reading List:
    Link
    They do, it's actually funny :cookie:

unlucky and seemanta like this.
  17. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    My mom and siblings do this a lot. But mostly in front of my relatives or people who watched me grow up. Not in front of my friends or people who didn't know me when I was younger. I don't mind very much. After all, who didn't do embarrassing stuffs when they were a child. I hear what shits my mom did from my older relatives all the time. And my mom makes fun of all of us siblings in front of each other so I know what shits my older siblings did too. Anyways, they're fun memories to share.

Oh my god I did something similar when I was a child too! My mom used to call me "sweet baby" so one time I told the guests visiting our house that my name is "sweet baby" lmao! Everyone laughed and when my mom told me to say my real name I said to her, "But you said my name was sweet baby when I asked you earlier!" It was a genuine shock to me that "sweet baby" was not my name... :blobjoy::blobrofl:

18. Butterfly_Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the most funny one i read :blobjoy:

Well... For me one is really embarrassing so i will tell another one which was when i was going downstairs by jumping and when i was 2-3 stairs short i jumped up and ended up getting my face hit on the top of the wall of door. It hurt really bad but more embarrassing was that a kid in neighbourhood was standing in front and he couldn't suppress his laughter....my face was red from the hit but when that kid laughed i ended up crying loudly like a pig...... I never jumped stairs from then....

My nephew came to stay at my house. He's one year old. All my cousins were clamouring and arguing to hold him. He was gonna wear his pants when he did the DID. It ended up on my aunts' hand and everyone hurriedly ran away making weird faces. Not one person from my cousins was willing to take my nephew for the rest of the day.
    His face with dumb written was so funny. I will tease him when he grows up hehehe...:blobhyperthink:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2024
    seemanta likes this.
  19. Nia2760

Nia2760 ・❥・ꏂꂵꉣꋪꏂꇙꇙ ꄲꊰ ꉔꋬ꓄ꇙ ・❥・

Reading List:
    Link
    They did that wayyyyy too many times