Recommendations Historical suicidal MC/ML (bl)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan, May 31, 2024.

1. Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan

Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need more of these low self-esteem MCs/MLs who think poorly of themselves OR may not, instead be suicidal for other reasons. Simply self-loathe or uncaring for death also counts. He can be a badass, strong in something and powerful, I'd love it. The contrast would be beautiful. And be a cutie introvert like the ML from 2ha. ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ
    The ML may care not or do, atleast initially but be it a tsundere or a kuudere, he should be the one to care for this poor guy. It could focus on mental health or not, I'm looking for some whump and fluff and the like. I'm ok with all tropes and maturity ratings things, I'd welcome with open arms a good plot, romance and engagement.

Thankyou!

Imasuckereforangst and MlleAdler like this.
  2. Imasuckereforangst

Imasuckereforangst Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also looking for something like this. When someone finds a similar novel. Please I form me as well

Thank you!

(Also I see that Svsss reference )

3. Sellychi

Sellychi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those Years In Quest Of Honour Mine (manic/depressed/suicidal ML x low self-worth/guilt-ridden/also depressed MC)
    After Transmigrating Into The Weak Villain (MC kinda suicidal due to mission but in ML's eyes MC high key suicidal, also MC always feels guilty so I guess there's something along the words of low self worth w this guy too)
    Spring Trees and Sunset Clouds (Mmmm not exactly but the extreme sympathetic distress for MC here tears my heart, ML is not right in the head either but he tries to fix MC and in turn MC fixes ML too ish kinda)
    Fairy Trap (Weak Sickly Traumatized Depresso Suicidal MC x Obsessive/Posessive Indifferent exterior Passionate interior ML - woops this one ain't historical...european fantasy vibe)

I have a few other zero self-preservation MC's but they fall under self-sacrificing and well if you're into that then check out my rec list; https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/51191/?st=1&pg=3

4. Addictedtoreading

Addictedtoreading Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not historical but

Crazy Tyrant Sentinel Transmigrates as a Flower Vase Omega - Am reading this now. MC transmigrates from sentinel world to omegaverse world and turns into omega with his sentinel spiritual beast accompanying him. He was a very powerful sentinel. He is not depressed, very self-assured, but goes all in in fights with no thought of evading or sparing himself. He only thinks of attacking, not defending, getting himself wounded over and over again this way. I assume that was how he died as a sentinel, but it hasn't been mentioned so far in the novel.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
  5. Zerckil

Zerckil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. riveriver

riveriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stigma (Yi Cong Yin)

7. Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan

Peerless Cucumber ShenYuan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a coincidence I finished reading the 1st one last night.
    As for the recs u gave, holy hell they're all my type! Tysmmmm!
    And sacrificial MC's are a need to this society (⁠ ⁠≧⁠Д⁠≦⁠) I will die on this hill.
    Thankyou for ur rec list, it's on the top of my taste-pyramid (⁠ ⁠・ั⁠﹏⁠・ั⁠)

Omegaverse and a very defenseless yet strong MC? Count me in. This is legit good! Ty!
    Nooo wow. I love the summary, such a shounen-like plot, plus it being a bl n a MC who suffers, thanks for the wonderful treat! (⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠-̩̩̩⁠)
    Nah. This goes right on my list. Such a baiting temptation (⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠෴⁠ ⁠༎ຶ⁠)
    Tysm!

Ty all for the recs! Others may post as needed, ty! (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠✧⁠*⁠。

Sellychi likes this.
  8. Haneul_

Haneul_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link