Discussion Horror/mystery novels req

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by harshu_uily, Mar 29, 2024.

1. harshu_uily

harshu_uily Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I am looking for novels that have like horror/mystery elements and the mc tries to solve them. I like gore and heavy horror that literally keeps me awake at night lol. If it is ok, novels that are more slice of life-ish (not in the sense it is boring with no drama) but more like episodic??? just want the mc solving horror/mysteries.. But, I don't mind the big themed novels, you can still share them.

Any good novels like House of Horrors, global examination would be appreciated especially the element of live streaming and solving mysteries together with the viewers in HoH novel (though this kinda stopped later on in the story in hoh, but i wouldn't mind this being a major part of any other novels^^)

thank you so much!!!!

2. yuh_YeeEt

yuh_YeeEt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author of HOH also has another series thats almost done being translated called "My iyashikei game".

Another novel with similar themes of horror and mystery is "Escaping the Mystery Hotel". This one is more like.. game-ish? And not really slice of life or live streaming themed . But it does hit the horror and mystery part pretty well with smaller parts that build into something bigger.

3. Sellychi

Sellychi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read much horror/mystery but fitting your criteria of it being somewhat episodic I've completed these two and think they were pretty neat;
    Kaleidoscope of Death
    He Returned Home - I suggest MTLing directly instead of reading from asianovel

4. Sumer Sun

Sumer Sun Growing mushrooms in a dark corner

Reading List:
    Link
    Supernatural movie actor app
    Streaming, thriller and mind blowing plot twists in each instance. More of mystery, thriller and gore than "scary horror"

5. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    Shrouded seascape

6. BronzeCat6265

BronzeCat6265 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm sharing my recommendations.

Big story with arcs about MC solving them (Chinese Novels):
    My House of Horrors (Completely Translated Official Site)
    My Iyashikei Game (Close to being completely translated)
    Lord of the Mysteries (Completely Translated Official Site)

I am currently reading this MTL Korean horror episodic:
    The Producer Who Captures Ghosts (Ongoing on Kakaopage)

Hope this helps.

7. Purelove

Purelove Pure Love Translations

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm working on a new horror survival novel. My all time fav novel too! It's a psychological thriller and is actually still ongoing. The raw title is in my signature if you don't mind reading the MTL, otherwise, it should be released in 2 weeks!

8. ShiroRias

ShiroRias Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mysterious Resurrection: I Don't Have Any Hacks
    神秘复苏之我没有外挂

Hell is empty, evil spirits are revived, the world is like hell.
    Li Yue, who traveled through the mysterious revived world, has no cheats. He can only work hard to become stronger so that he can have the qualifications to live freely in this desperate world.

2k Chapters so far.

tag: Horror, Mystery, Non-human mc, male mc.

9. harshu_uily

harshu_uily Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah i already read KoD, but it's really good! I will check ou tthe other novel, thank you!

I will check out the Korean one as I already read House of Horrors and Lotm, they are my top favorites lol

10. Archasans

Archasans Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if this fits your criteria, but here are some horror novels with mystery solving that haven't been mentioned yet:

Apartment for Rent - No ghost in this one and a short story, but it fills me with dread
    I Became A Ghost In A Horror Game - Not really scary... but somewhat episodic?

11. Evldr

Evldr New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe it has gore from what I've seen, but Phenomeno is one of my favorite psychological horror stories. Has art by Yoshitoshi Abe, famous from anime such as Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei.