Recommendations I'm Looking For a novel where the MC gather resources across the universe

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Alabaster, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Alabaster

Alabaster Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoy space, dimension, and universe exploration novels. So, I was hoping to find some novels where the MC explores with the main aim of collecting rare minerals, plants, or other types of resources. Bonus points if the MC is a crafter or wizard that is working on some research projects or large scale crafting projects.

The hope would be for the mc to have this form of loop in the story:
    1. Sets off on an adventure towards this unexplored area
    2. Finds some cool resources that help with their long term projects or that someone needs
    3. solves an issue with collecting said resource then goes back home to craft, sell, or research using the new resource.
    4. Gets some updates on the latest news via some friends / contacts
    5. Finds out about a new area to explore and then starts the loop again.

The setting can be w/e so long as the mc is more an outside observer to the main conflicts going on. Sure, the conflicts will effect what the mc does and possibly make gathering resources harder. What I want to avoid are novels where the MC is constantly fighting and then gathers resources as an after thought. It would be cool if instead of fighting, the conflicts make the mc come up with crazy strategies to avoid the fighting all together.

leena_danvers likes this.