Question KTL Translation Help

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by SacredText Translations, Aug 20, 2023.

1. SacredText Translations

SacredText Translations Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I need some help regarding translation of these few stuff -

1. 용사를
    2. 영웅의
    3. 대전사
    4. 살아남고자 필사적으로 괴물들에게 맞섰다. 그리고 영웅, 혹은 용사라 불리는 이들이 나타난 것도 이때쯤이다.
    5. 시련을 통과한 일곱 명의 용사들.

These two mean different things coz this line was later revealed - 영웅의 시련? 용사의 시련이 아니라?

For context, our MC is a Barbarian. They are a warrior race. And it has "End of the World Troupe".

2. puukkiss

puukkiss I'm Keeping My Eye On You!

Reading List:
    Link
    Bing answers
    1. 용사를 -> A hero
    2. 영웅의 -> Of the hero
    3. 대전사 -> Great warrior
    4. 살아남고자 필사적으로 괴물들에게 맞섰다. 그리고 영웅, 혹은 용사라 불리는 이들이 나타난 것도 이때쯤이다. -> They desperately fought against the monsters to survive. And it was around this time that the heroes, or those who were called heroes, appeared.
    5. 시련을 통과한 일곱 명의 용사들. -> The seven heroes who passed the trial.
    As for the difference between 영웅 and 용사, they both mean hero, but they have slightly different nuances. 영웅 is more like a legendary or mythical hero, someone who is admired for their great deeds or achievements. 용사 is more like a brave or courageous hero, someone who is willing to face danger or hardship. So, the line “영웅의 시련? 용사의 시련이 아니라?” could be translated as “The trial of the legendary hero? Not the trial of the brave hero?” This implies that there is a distinction between the two types of heroes in the story.

Chat GPT

1. 용사를 - "Warrior" or "Hero"
    2. 영웅의 - "Hero's"
    3. 대전사 - "Barbarian" or "Savage Warrior"
    4. 살아남고자 필사적으로 괴물들에게 맞섰다. 그리고 영웅, 혹은 용사라 불리는 이들이 나타난 것도 이때쯤이다. - "They stood up against monsters desperately in order to survive. And around this time, individuals known as heroes or warriors also appeared."
    5. 시련을 통과한 일곱 명의 용사들. - "Seven warriors who have overcome trials."
    Considering the later revealed line, "영웅의 시련? 용사의 시련이 아니라?" which seems to suggest that there's a distinction between the trials of a hero and the trials of a warrior, you might want to make sure to use the appropriate term depending on the context. The term "용사" (warrior) seems more fitting for your MC's description as a member of a warrior race, while "영웅" (hero) might be used for more epic and extraordinary characters.

My note: You could use hero and champion. Or other alternatives. Legends? Great Heroes?

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    this should be the same terms as Eiyuu and Yuusha in Japanese

TXHY likes this.