Spoiler Lee Seob’s Love

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by crystalleciel, Nov 29, 2023.

1. crystalleciel

crystalleciel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title:
    Lee Seob’s Love
    Associated Names: 이섭의 연애 / Lee Seop’s Romance / Yiseob’s Relationship
    Author: 김언희
    Novel Raws (completed): https://m.series.naver.com/novel/detail.series?productNo=6096539
    Manhua Raws: https://m.series.naver.com/comic/detail.series?productNo=10002065
    [​IMG]

Synopsis:
    10 consecutive years ranked 1st in job performance! The top employee following the fastest and youngest promotion path!

My motivation for joining, Kang Minkyung, who gave me the experience of being in 2nd place for the first time, while I’ve always been 1st.

She, who trampled on my pride, is now the secretary to Executive Director Tae Lee Seob, me.

With her exceptional work handling skills, she even tries to take care of my tasks? Stop working and pay attention to me, Ms. Kang Minkyung!

The epic office romance between Tae Lee Seob, who doesn’t want to do anything, and Kang Minkyung, who must somehow succeed!”

ursweetalksx and Afruz like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://www.novelupdatesforum.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

smr15 likes this.
  3. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    I never read the manhwa but I've read the novel months ago. Looking at the synopsis of both, I believe the plot will be drastically different between the novel and manhwa. I'll vaguely spoil the novel, but take it with a grain of salt. I don't remember much details having read this too long ago.

Because this novel was a sequel to another novel (태연한 거짓말), it just continue based off the other novel where ML's cousin was the ML. In the other novel, ML's cousin won the successorship to the company so in this novel, as sequel, it's about ML being cast to being in charge of a chain (fashion) of the head company. ML who lost all motivation after losing the successorship fight just play around and didn't have a care. FL was someone who works in the main company and wanted to climb up the ladder in the main company. She's one of the best employees. She had a slight crush on the cousin as he was someone she also looked up to but it was a slight crush as everyone knew he was going to marry someone he was working with. They company assigned ML to work for ML's company instead hoping she'll be able to push him to focus and also they thought ML wouldn't be interested in her. They didn't want another incident happening again similar to ML's cousin falling for a normal person.

Originally FL didn't like ML because she heard about his lazy nature and didn't want to work for him but after working for him, she realized he wasn't a lost cause. He actually has talent for leading the chain he's in charge of. (He also has a better eye in fashion than FL. He chose her wedding gown.) ML on the other hand gain motivation when his interest in FL soared so he started to also want to work hard as the head of the chain. He pursued her avidly and they ended up dating in secret with few people knowing. Even until the end, the people they worked with thought they hated each other. Their wedding news came out as a surprise to most. There wasn't much issue with allowing the marriage, though FL chose to continue to work for ML while also marrying him.

They ended up with a son who looks like ML.

The issue seems more focused on both ML and his cousin's misunderstanding of their grandfather's love towards them. ML is the oldest so one would expect him to have become the heir to the company but he always fall short in skills when compared to his cousin who does end up with the company. While ML is not the best for leading the head company, he does have great talents in where he was placed (fashion) and he couldn't see it in the beginning and thought he was shoved aside. FL saw the talent in him and chose to stay by his side to see him grow and also help him grow.

I don't remember thinking there's much drama. It's cliche without much drama. most of the drama is FL's feeling that she wouldn't fit into ML's family but she gets close with ML's cousin's wife and some of the more nicer family members ML is close to. He's not close with all of them but the few he is close with treat FL very well.

4. Ailee2222

Ailee2222 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about mls father who cheated, what gonna happend to him?

smr15 likes this.
  5. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    He's not even that important in the novel. He's been kicked out of successorship by the grandfather long ago. That's why the cousin became the successor. ML was trying to make up for his father's mistakes. What you mentioned might either be in the prequel (which I never read) or just something in the manhwa (since I've noted the synopsis seems very different either way). In this novel, the father already has little say in the company in the beginning. The grandfather has no faith in his only son. I don't even remember him cheating. It was just brought up that he keeps making mistakes and ML kept trying to fix them before. ML thinks his grandfather views him the same as his father though that's not true since his grandfather gave him a chance. Towards the end, the father was given a job somewhere else (was relayed overseas to complete a job for the company). I never saw ML's parents having a loving relationship together, but I just chalk it up to their marriage being arranged. Someone was initially arranged to the cousin's parent but cousin's parent eloped with a normal person against the family's wishes. To make up for it, they arranged ML's father instead so ML's parents are both from very wealthy background who had no love for each other. Married just for the family connection. His cousin's parents on the other hand, they married for love and I believe one or both of them died and that's when the cousin was taken in back to their family. He entered their wealthy household late and was considered "illegitimate" so in the prequel he was the ML with that sort of backstory.

On ML's side, both of his parents are from wealthy background but neither seems loving to each other. Even so, I think ML respects both his parents. The fact that he kept trying to fix his father's mistakes just shows he still wants to keep his father around before. Even in the end of this story, FL said she wants a good relationship with ML's father who will become her FIL. But from interactions, I think ML is closer with his mother and she appears more often than his father. There was even a part where ML had a conversation with his mother where he told her that he loves her and they hugged. ML's mother was feeling nostalgic of then ML was her little son.

Edit: Another thing about the father, he was sent to Europe after he got kicked so that's why he wasn't shown as much in this novel but after ML and FL's marriage has been finalized, he was able to return to Korea because the grandfather thinks with ML as the head, the father would be useful. The grandfather still respects the father in terms of work.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  6. atlos

atlos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for this. Can I have more spoilers about ML’s cousin and the romance?

smr15 likes this.
  7. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I never read the cousin's novel. Though if there's a spoiler thread for it, I wouldn't mind reading it and spoiling it there since I did enjoy this novel before (so I wouldn't mind trying another novel by this same author). Just that I read 'Iseop's Romance' last year (and I only read it once) so I don't remember much.

I do remember it being quite fluffy between the couple and mostly just business talks aside from that. FL visited ML's family once and could tell ML wasn't treated that well but neither was ML's cousin. The whole extended family seemed cold towards each other. FL's family on the other hand is very loving. Her twin brothers were born late into her parents' life so people can easily see her father and mother are still very loving towards each other to still be having children late age.

FL also has very good relationship with her family. When ML was planning marriage with FL, he also tried to appease the twins because he planned to make sure her whole family would let him marry FL.

8. Insert_kool_username

Insert_kool_username New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me where to read the novel?

smr15 and Nebula like this.
  9. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to read the paid version it's available on navar as for the free raw who knows

.it would be amazing if novel is translated though

I logged in after a long time just to make spoiler thread for this it's good it already exists (y)

Plus i too would like to if I can read the raws for free somewhere

smr15 and Insert_kool_username like this.
  10. Azka Anees

Azka Anees Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u soo much for the spoilers....can u please spoil about this Hyunseong guy? Is he the 2nd ML or just side character?? Also, is there any 2nd FL here??

smr15 and NohrNeir like this.
  11. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    He does appear to like FL but he never oversteps himself since FL has a very good relationship with ML. He just remains close friend with FL. At the end, he volunteered to take ML's place to work in China. Since he already knows Chinese, it wasn't a big deal. ML does get jealous and FL knows it but he never kept them from being friends.

There's no 2nd FL. He has no engagement partner or any marriages forced on him. The only engagement and wedding that got brought up was his cousin's since he married around the middle of the novel and towards the end was ML's marriage with FL.

12. Azka Anees

Azka Anees Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u so much for the reply:blobhug:
    I'm quite interested in this novel ...guess I'd read it

smr15 and NohrNeir like this.
  13. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same but I have no money to buy the raws

Someone please translate this

14. Afruz

Afruz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell the name of the novel where ml's cousin is the ml?

smr15 likes this.
  15. yavana

yavana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    태연한 거짓말 (A Casual Lie )

Afruz and smr15 like this.
  16. Deleted member 710609

Deleted member 710609 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you think the potential success or failure of their office romance will impact both Tae Lee Seob and Kang Minkyung's professional lives

smr15 likes this.
  17. Sasikarn

Sasikarn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me when fl gonna falling in love with ml

smr15 likes this.
  18. ToruLata

ToruLata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://agitnovel.xyz/novel/list/79406 this one is Casual Lie, https://agitnovel.xyz/novel/list/19408 this one lee Seob's relationship

smr15 and mitji like this.
  19. taro57

taro57 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know if it’s still a long way until they get together from where the manhwa is at now???!! Like what happen/special event occur before they get together

smr15 likes this.
  20. maureensaguin

maureensaguin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who did the fl end up with? And when did their love story started? Like the confession stuff? Thank you.

smr15 likes this.