Request Looking for a prompt for a new danmei novel ?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Rauqilita, May 10, 2024.

1. Rauqilita

Rauqilita Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a writer. I recently came up with a scenario in my head and I want a full book written about it but the catch is that the book setting is in Ancient China and I am not Chinese. I have only written Western and African books in the past, so I am looking for writer who is looking for an idea for a new book.

It's free for all.

Here is the prompt…

Everyone knows that the eldest son of the great general Zhu is a dandy and only concerned about military strategies, even his father who decided on his younger brother for an heir knows this. But when a fake rumour sparks out in the capital about young master zhu being a phoenix who can make a family rich and great overnight, will the threshold of the Zhu family survive his suitors and can master strategist dandy Zhu become someone's virtuous wife?

There has never been a precedent.

Virtuous wife Zhu: I don't know what is going on -_-||

Long time enemy and Prime Minister Wen’s heir : I always knew one day that fool Zhu will turn the capital upside down.

The 3rd younger brother who started the rumour: I was drunk!

Father zhu who had no daughters and only 5 smelly sons finally had a chance to receive betrothal gift: I only will agree to a family who have the same status as the zhu family, my son deserves the best!

The rest of the capital: isn’t it only the prime minister that has the same power as the great general.

Prime minister Wen: thank you but we don’t need a phoenix.

Father Zhu who felt insulted and swore that his son must marry into the Wen family to save face: my son is phoenix among phoenix!

phoenix zhu: I wanted to be a salted fish -_-

The book would have comedic undertones no internal family fighting, villains can be external enemies, a potential treasonous official, another dandy who wants the phoenix wife for himself and a 3rd party. This is danmei

Theres the prompt, if no picks it up then maybe one day I will try to write it in another setting. Who knows ?

Lotus_Skiies likes this.
  2. SourCitrus12

SourCitrus12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's a great prompt, but you should just write it yourself! Even if you're not chinese, you can still write about anything you want :) Anyways, good luck and I hope you end up writing this story because I'd be interested in reading it (btw im chinese and it's totally okay, trust me)