Recommendations Looking for romance and BL novels with a good translation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by eardun, Sep 25, 2023.

1. eardun

eardun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'll read anything, from comedy and slice of life to horror, lol.

An example of a good translation (in my opinion) would be Resetting Lady by Phoenix Walk. I think they removed it, but I remember it was simple, eloquent and had good grammar :blobkiss:

Story-wise I like Perle, Even the Villain Has a Story, The Hunter's Gonna Lay Low, For a Lie (Futa Lemon Tea) and Half of Me. I also like Omniscient Reader and Lord of Mysteries; though less since they're dragged out (over 400 chapters!)

So yeah, please share your recs guys!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
  2. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a a soft spot for "Stray" (BL) and just about every other novel from the same author Nian Zhong. (Happy Doomsday, Saving unpermitted, First Server First Kill, etc.)
    Intelligent MCs that don't just want to be doted on. MLs that actually have personalities, flaws, and even complex morals, needs and wants.
    Not only does she treat her female characters with respect and as actual characters, but the stories tend to be extremely well written, with a good balance of comedy, adventure, romance and darkness. She doesn't pull her punches when it comes to both the best and worst of humanity.
    Her antagonists are just as fleshed out as the protagonists with tons of flaws and nuance to their characters and motivations.
    Her world building is masterful. Each story has its own logic and history. No formulaic isekai here.
    Though as I intimated before, she trends apocalyptic and dark in her stories. But you can't have your heroes save the world if the world isn't actually in any danger, can you? And she always finds some way to balance out the darkness so you don't feel overwhelmed all the time. Either through tons of sugar in the romance or weird side quests and side characters to break the tension.
    Highly recommend anything by Nian Zhong, but "Stray" especially.

3. Purelove

Purelove Pure Love Translations

Reading List:
    Link
    In terms of quality, I think anything from chrysanthemum garden has outstanding grammar, their editors does a *chef's kiss* job. Uhei is also an amazing translator, but you have to show proof of purchase to read the last half of their translations.

Otherwise, I would recommend Fix Smile Order, Chang’an Small Restaurant, and Epiphanies of Rebirth. The first one is completed, while other latter two are still ongoing. Mainly translated by yours truly; I'd like to believe my translations are pretty decent, tho I am open to constructive criticism.

off topic but i wished i had an amazing editor to read through my translations like chrysanthemum garden, very envious haha

4. sanz33

sanz33 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Eardun, do you know where can I read Perle novel? The chapters seems to have been disappeared from Novel Updates. Much thanks!