Spoiler My Obsessive Father's Heroic Homecoming / 애 아빠가 돌아왔다 / My Dad is Back

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sweet_Bunny, Jun 23, 2024 at 12:53 PM.

1. Sweet_Bunny

Sweet_Bunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Cover
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Title: My Obsessive Father's Heroic Homecoming (official title on pocket comic)
    Other title: 애 아빠가 돌아왔다 / My Dad is Back
    Author: 누오바/Nuova Same author as "Surviving as a False Tyrant", "Duchess's Lo-Fi Coffeehouse"
    Artist: —
    Official Novel Raws: kakaopage, Naver series, Ridibooks
    Novel Updates: —
    Official Manhwa Raws: coming soon, July 29 on pocket comic
    Genre: Romance, Fantasy
    Status: Main story - 85 chapters & side story - 5 chapters / 3 volumes (completed)
    Year: 2020 (naver series), 2021 (kakaopage & ridibooks)

Novel Description (MTL)

Seven years after sending my lover off to war.
    In front of Ellen, who gave birth and raised a child alone.
    Her lover and father, whom she thought had died in the war, has returned.
    And that too by becoming a hero of the empire.

“I’m sorry for leaving you alone for seven years.”
    “… … .”
    “I will never leave you alone again.”

Cassius returned to his hometown as a completely different person.
    She keeps circling around her and shaking Ellen's heart.

But she has barely begun to live a stable life.
    She has no intention of accepting him... … .

“There is no way I can become the Grand Duchess.”
    “… … .”
    “It is true that she gave birth to that person’s child, but she is not his wife.”

Can these two love again?

×××××××××××××××

Manhwa Description (pocket comics version)

Eleanor, a baronet's daughter, is left raising her child alone after hearing of her lover Cassius's death in the war. Unknown to her, Cassius survives by making a pact with a dragon and returns as a war hero. His sudden return upends her world, forcing them to confront hidden secrets and unresolved feelings. Together, they must navigate their complex past and an uncertain future, embarking on a journey of love, sacrifice, and resilience.

×××××××××××××

artist: Ari
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Aqua_the_idiot likes this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://www.novelupdatesforum.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Sagamasa

Sagamasa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's not her father right? The title is more like " My child's father is coming back" right?

Donotdisturb1234 likes this.
  4. SaltMalt

SaltMalt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he’s not her father. The title translated here is a bit misleading. It can also be translated to “The child’s father is back”,so yes your are correct.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024 at 2:39 AM
    Aqua_the_idiot likes this.
  5. Aqua_the_idiot

Aqua_the_idiot my decisions are justified by my name

Reading List:
    Link
    fr, I was so confused seeing the cover because I thought this was a father-daughter trope...

6. Kim Sam

Kim Sam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So there is no novel translation????

7. SaltMalt

SaltMalt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is really good so from what I’ve read so fear, here’s a not-so-brief description of the FL’s and ML’s history which led up to the present day events of the story (which I have to now rewrite because I accidentally deleted my previous post)!

7 years prior to the story, our FL Ellen [20 pre timeskip] and our ML Cassius [24 pre timeskip] were in a relationship. Their relationship was not approved of by Cassius’ family because of their difference in social status, Cassius being a high ranked noble and Ellen being the daughter of a low ranked vassal/quasi-baron who worked under Cassius’ family. I believe his family also had plans of marrying him off to some other noble to secure some deal, Ellen’s presence obviously endangering that whole thing. The disapproval Cassius’ family as well as the people of the people they ruled over towards Ellen was loud and proud, Ellen regularly being insulted for being in a relationship with him. This all culminated to Cassius’ mother, Catherine, doing the cliche Korean drama “leave my son, take this money” thing.

Ellen agreed to leave Cassius, but refused the money because she loved him. The only reason she did agree to leave was because she didn’t really have a choice as she didn’t want to endanger her father’s job and her family’s livelihood. Notably her younger sisters, one of which wanted to be sent off to some expensive fancy school.

I would also like to add that Ellen and Cassius actually did have marriage papers at this point, they just weren’t stamped to be approved probably because of the whole very one hating the fact that Ellen was with Cassius thing, so they were never married.

Anyways, Ellen is given a month to leave/sever ties with Cassius and for a week after her meeting with Cassius’ mother she kind of mopes about trying to figure out how to say goodbye to him all while knowing that she’s pregnant as she’s missed her period for a couple months and her and Cassius shared their first night together rather impulsively. Then, everyone receives news of the draft.

So essentially the Emperor has exhausted his main power for the war and needs the oldest sons of the noble houses to be sent off the war (I believe it has something to do with who has been given land). Cassius is actually the second born son, but his brother died 3 years prior, so he has to be sent instead. Cassius his family, notably his mother and Ellen are both devastated by this news.

And so, Ellen and Cassius say their final goodbyes. Ellen begs Cassius not to go but obv it’s a draft so Cassius tells her he has to but will come back alive. And heartbroken the two part ways, Ellen not telling Cassius he’s pregnant because war I guess and Cassius none the wiser, the possibility of Ellen being pregnant never crossing his mind.

8 months pass and Ellen, who had just given birth, receives Cassius’ death certificate in the mail. And so, 7 years pass…

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024 at 6:19 PM
  8. karaa00000

karaa00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link