Novel My Unique Skill is the Strangest?!

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Shafome, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Shafome

Shafome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

My Unique Skill is the Strangest?!

Synopsis: The world of Jine. A place of swords and magic, as well as amazing heroes and terrifying villains. A place, where everyone and everything awakens a unique skill by their 16th birthday. And “away-from-the-norm” is normal. Farmers, that can create holy items. Demon Kings, that plant crops at amazing speeds. Even a hero, who can cook amazing food. Yet….how, do I use this?!

Reroll

All stats are randomized every 24 hours, based on current level.

[Unknown]

[Unknown]

[Unknown]

The story of the “strangest” unique skill.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Comedy

Table of Contents
    Prologue, Coming Soon!

2. Veldoraa

Veldoraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm interesting

3. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't it seem that putting the cart before the horse to make the thread before the chapter?

4. Vsolon

Vsolon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an interesting premise but make sure you understand very well what each stat does otherwise things can be a mess. Like let's say it takes 3 strength to wield a sword, 5 strength to wield a great sword, and 25 strength to wield a great sword with one hand. You shouldn't be able to suddenly destroy a mountain with 15 strength if you need as much as 25 strength to wield a great sword. And you also need to consider the dynamic between stats you establish. So let's say something like constitution. Typically if you have high strength you probably have high constitution, but (I'm assuming its completely random and such stats exist) if it randomizes stats you could have a situation where someone has high strength and low constitution causing their own strength to destroy their own body. Like you know Shizuo from DRRR.

Also there's always the aspect of randomization that in my mind could become a problem, but I don't think anyone would mind. Also this might be nitpicking but typically wouldn't one skill typically determine ones profession? I mean it would make sense if unique skills just randomly awaken, but you seem to have established it in their 16th birthday. Wouldn't the Demon King at sixteen realize that he's better off just being a farmer? I mean granted if the Demon King at that age was one a Demon, and two good at other things other than farming then he could still aspire to be a Demon King. But there are bound to be people with combat focused unique skills and it would be difficult for him to beat people with inherently powerful skills as someone with a utility based skill.

All of this is mainly speculation on my part, and some advice, but premises like these have all sorts of issues that need to be addressed and I can only address so much with only a synopsis.

Ophious likes this.
  5. ap3lgila

ap3lgila Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

6. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    theres also the issue of the characters randomization occurring at almost miraculous rates allowing the MC to always dominate as if by the grace of god.

7. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    wall of text cant we just keep things concise :blobsalt:

arel likes this.
  8. Vsolon

Vsolon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhhhhhhhhhh, fine

tl;dr Stats make them good, randomization watch it

9. Shafome

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but I figured I'm pretty close

10. Shafome

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, honestly I'm happy you looked that much into it! One of the things would be, unique skills that aren't quite suited for fighting being used for it. Like farming cheats, or growth cheats. In terms of stats, I'm finishing up fleshing it out.

11. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict]

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems familiar. I think I had a conversation on this before...
    Well it's not like the ideas super unique, but I'll be waiting for when the chapters released. A great idea for a fun and interesting fantasy slice-of-life comedy. I'll be keeping my eye out for the update. (y)

hiddendeath388 likes this.
  12. ShineShin

ShineShin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, concepts are always the easiest part to imagine, create, and throw in.
    The difficult part is how you progress the main story line, unveil the backstory, set the tone, etc.
    Add too much detail and you may end up losing sight of your original story.
    Too little and the reader would get easily bored and uninterested.

Some random tips:
    Moderation is key. Like, a twist every now and then, occasional foreshadowing, some minor cliches, and no excessive timeskips.
    Keep track of your timeline. A small sidenote of how long events last and timeskips will prevent confusion for yourself and readers.
    Have a power level set in stone. This one is mostly for stories that have a never-ending story with infinite power-ups.

SayMrrp and SenjiQ like this.
  13. ShineShin

ShineShin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And an interesting twist could be that the MC actually has two Unique Skills.

"Randomize" being the skill you mentioned, where his skills reset daily (at Midnight sharp presumably).

And "Reroll" a skill that lets him refresh his skills if he doesn't like them.
    It'll have an internal cooldown that either requires some time or a certain number of "Randomizes" to pass.
    Plus, the "Randomize" skill stills activates even if he activates "Reroll" that day.

It'll add an interesting mechanic.
    Like if he "Rerolls" and ends up getting even worse stats than before, making him effectively useless. Lol
    Or it could act as a sort of plot armor where he uses it mid-battle or ambush and it saves his life.

Just an idea...

SayMrrp likes this.
  14. hiddendeath388

hiddendeath388 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm :hmm: I get the feeling my idea's being stolen :blobfearful:. Haha though it is cool to see a story with an ability like that. I wish it the best of luck.

15. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    If stats are too specific too deal with, you could say the MC changes builds (glass cannon, tank-like) and job professions.... and mention a few special stats. Buff ice mage, etc..

16. happylife

happylife New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A small sidenote of how long events last and timeskips will prevent confusion for Buynba2k yourself and readers.

zloi medved likes this.
  17. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    Interested to see where you go with this concept! And what those [UNKNOWN]s are. +Watch Thread :blobpeek: