Recommendations Non romance or GL

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by ImSaltedFish, Jan 2, 2024.

1. ImSaltedFish

ImSaltedFish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know any non-romance (with an FMC) or GL novels set in the past where everything that happened in the setting actually happened in real life?

Edit: Does it make sense? When I read it again, I felt like what I said didn't make sense lmao. :blobrofl:

kohaichi likes this.
  2. FluffyGura

FluffyGura Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happened in what setting?? I would have suggested some gl acting industry stories but then u said set in the past? So now I'm drawing blanks

'I Will Never Submit to Miss Grim Reaper' is a gl story where a hero's companion wanted to marry the hero but the hero refused. Fast forward 10 gazillion years later, the demon found the hero reincarnated soul and turned him into a girl and now they are basically married.

ImSaltedFish likes this.
  3. Furrina

Furrina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do u mean like historical novel based on actual/real life events or people? Or like same events that happened in actual history but set in a fictional world? Coz that's what I'm getting.

Anyways, if u dont mind manhwas, I would suggest In Full Bloom by Jaewon. FMC is a very famous assassin called Danhyang who is hired by the ML, the prince, to assassinate his father, the tyrant emperor. There is some hinted one-sided romance (NOT ML, a different guy is in love with FMC) but it is firmly non-romance. FMC is only interested in completing her mission and ML is all about usurping the throne "for the good of people".

ImSaltedFish likes this.
  4. ImSaltedFish

ImSaltedFish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! that's exactly what I wanted to say. :blobrofl:

Does it have a lot of real people or events that happened in real life? If so, I want to read it. :blobReach:

5. FluffyGura

FluffyGura Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it have a lot of real people or events that happened in real life? If so, I want to read it. :blobReach:[/QUOTE]

basically the 2 fL acted in gl movie, and then they umm married in real life.

i also have another one non romance comedy

6. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this genre is called historical fanfiction. CN gov forbids this genre, though. But if you're ok with fanfiction of CP Wu Zentian and Shangguan Wan'er or CP Princess Taiping and Shangguan Wan'er, I can find some.

Furrina likes this.
  7. Furrina

Furrina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, real people. It is based in a fictional country/era based on Joseon Korea. I am not familiar with korean history to know if any crown prince had his father assassinated to steal the throne.

CN forbids it unless it suits the party propoganda (no shade). Plenty of republic era drama "inspired" by real events.

8. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, and before they can start filming, the script must be passed their gov's fualfinding, this process is harsh.

Recently, web novel authors don't dare to mention directly any actual events or people and have different standpoints on those events, especially involved their ancient period. I think they don't want to become the next Scarlet Heart, tho. :notlikeblob:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    Furrina likes this.