Discussion RAISING YOUR SPOUSE Trope / MARRYING YOUR ADOPTIVE CHILD / WIFE HUSBANDRY

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by CreativeCriticalThinker, Oct 1, 2023.

?

How do you feel about the Trope "Raising Your Spouse" / "Wife Husbandry"?

1. It is just disgusting and wrong. Definitively a BIG NO GO for me.

2. It makes me personally uncomfortable.

3. I just don't get the appeal of this trope.

4. I have very mixed feelings about it.

5. It depends on the context and writing of the story.

6. I can easily ignore it since there are other aspects of the plot that I like.

7. I find it very romantic.

8. I don't see any problem with it.

9. No comment at all.....

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rifaman

Rifaman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you feel about the Trope "Raising Your Spouse" / "Wife Husbandry"?
    I feels icky and uncomfortable but I get the appeal IF in reverse perspective the younger one that fall in love and the older one didn't seek the child love and reject it i.e they didn't end up together that's okay with me.

Meanwhile i actually like story if the FL reincarnated as a child and meet ML as a child she train/befriend him and they end up together. Yeah I know she mentally older than him but that's it mental maturity not physically much much older than him

So I'm okay if their age is not far apart of each other or Just puppy love

2. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very uncomfortable examples:
    Otoyomegatari - A Bride's Story
    Otoyomegatari_A Bride's Story.jpeg
    The Lady Does Not Notice the Feelings of the Younger Prince
    The Lady Does Not Notice the Feelings of the Younger Prince.jpg
    Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Ascendance of a Bookworm.jpg
    Time To Dedicate Your Death / Duke Richard's Haven
    Time To Dedicate Your Death_ Duke Richard's Haven.jpeg Time To Dedicate Your Death_ Duke Richard's Haven_.jpg
    Till Divorce Do Us Part!
    Till Divorce Do Us Part!.jpeg
    E-Rank Healer Ch.35
    E-Rank Healer Ch.35.jpeg
    My Fiancé Keeps Trying To Raise Me

My Fiancé Keeps Trying To Raise Me.jpg

Spirit King Elqueeness Ch.29 (That Man still decides to make love to his foster daughter despite being self-aware...)
    770346faf91ffcf817e46ebf44ca5062.jpeg 61daf60fdac1b28296ba588612393fb9.jpeg Spirit King Elqueeness Ch.29.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2024 at 7:07 AM
  3. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not understand people, who could say they seperate fiction from real life. These fictional examples are basicly an acknowledgement that there is an adult person fantising about and writing relations with minors. Just their existance should put you off from this kind of trops.

4. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Art imitates life - Plato
    Then life imitates art. Then life will find its very existence in from the art - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Art is something people appreciate, they may or may not like the same art form, but it is still art nonetheless.

Which rings true for most cases.
    It depends on the persons moral compass and what they consider 'art.'

5. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2024 at 8:06 AM
  6. YukiMagna676

YukiMagna676 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiction and reality need to be keep separated evreyone need to have boundaries between the two and be capable to distinguish how their actions affect someone. the moment when someone is no longer capable to tell the difference they will act and take their fantasies in the real life and i read about people who could not tell the two apart and end up committing atrocious acts this is way they need to be keep separated fiction is only the products of someone imagination it doesn't affect anyone take for example this type of books someone could like to read or write this from different reasons and have a good morale ground i always believed you can't label someone only based on the fictional media they like because it doesn't acknowledge anything about how a person is in the real life only the actions someone take daily reflects how they are so nobody should be made to feel ashamed because they like this type of stories. I really don't understand how some people blame fiction for everything but this is my opinion

7. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    I would not judge a person I know and trust with their reading list, but this is the internet and all I know about you is your reading list, so I will judge you with your interest. I do not blame fiction I blaim the author.