Chinese Revived 招魂 by Shan Zhi Zi 山栀子 (HE)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Vico, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name : Revived 招魂
    Raw Link: https://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=7524981
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:

This is gonna be adapted as a drama
    It has a super note on Douban
    I don't know for you but I'm intrigued by the idea of a love story between a human and a ghost !
    Description :

-The poor boudoir lady x the dead young general-

From when he was a carefree young man to when he became a treacherous and sycophantic minister, Xu He Xue's sins in his life were too many to count.
    Although he had already been acknowledged guilty and had died for fifteen years,
    There were still people in the markets of the Great Qi kingdom telling old stories about him and spurning his evil deeds.

Ni Su never would have have expected that fifteen years after Xu He Xue's death, she would meet him in the vast snowy wilderness.
    He was not as ferocious as the rumors said, nor was he gigantic, with a green face and fangs.
    He was wearing the mysterious black cloak that she had just burned to ashes and was holding a lantern. The wind would make his clothes move and the snow did not fall on his shoulders. He walked barefoot in front of her and asked, "Who are you?"

Ni Su regretted it countless times. Had she known that this cloth belonged to Xu He Xue, she would never have put them in fire.
    But later,
    Her brother had disappeared, her home was occupied, and Ni Su fell into the dust. When she was in the most difficult situation, the only one by her side was the lonely ghost Xu He Xue to accompany her.
    Gritting her teeth, she stood up from the mud, straightened her back, looked for her brother, and demanded justice.
    He was with her in rain and snow, in winter and spring.

On the day that Ni Su's wish came true and she parted ways with Xu He Xue, she was wearing a wedding dress and was about to marry a suitor who had a good family background, good looks and good manners.

However that night,

The forsaken soul Xu He Xue was sitting under the shade of a tree covered with frost, and saw a girl in red running towards him despite the wind and snow, holding an arm full of incense candles.

"Not getting married?"

"Yes, I am."

Xu He Xue tensed his jaw and turned his face sideways, not wanting to talk to her anymore.

However, the girl under the tree looked up at him, with snow on her temples: "Xu He Xue, I have a lot of incense and candles. I can support you for a long time, and I'm not afraid to live with ghosts. Let's live like this for the rest of our lives, okay?"
    ——
    The cold clothes summon the souls and share my life.