Spoiler Royal Marriage (ABO)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by DynerisCyrus, May 2, 2024.

1. DynerisCyrus

DynerisCyrus Green Tea Maker

Reading List:
    Link
    The raw name is: 로열 웨딩
    I'm reading the manhwa for this and apparently it has a novel as well? I think this story is interesting but I'm not patient enough to wait and read, chapter by chapter of the manhwa.

All I know (vaguely) is that the mc marries ml in exchange for his help breaking the imprinting, that some rebellion and stuff happened in the past, that the ML's actual purpose was revenge and he's an exiled noble, and the omega mc dying? Also that he then regresses to a time before the rebellion?

Please spoil it for me :aww:

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Cover:
    royal-wedding-novel-1~2.jpg
    Manhwa Cover:
    20240507_004127~2.jpg

Royal Wedding / 로열 웨딩N
    ~122 Novel Chapters (Completed in 2022)
    10+ Chapters of Manhwa (on-going)

Genre: BL, Omegaverse, Regency Revenge Regression, First Love, Marriage Contract, Hidden Identity, Power Struggle, Obsessive Male Lead

Official Summary:
    When you fall in love with the one you can't have, a choice must be made. Prince Ferance is an omega and the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Wistad, but he holds a secret.
    When the king died, the regent, Amandaris, snared him into his trap to imprint on him. Since then, the control of the nation fell into Amandaris' hands, and Ferance became nothing but a puppet prince. Then one day, a mysterious alpha diplomat visits from a foreign land. Ferance hears about his ability to undo the imprinting and approaches him with hopes of removing the curse that has bound him to his imprinted alpha. But he quickly finds out the man is more than meets the eye.

Novel: RidiBooks R19 (Author: Bamsil-ssi)
    Manhwa: RidiBooks R15, RidiBooks R19, NetComics R15, NetComics R19
    English Manhwa: TappyToon R15, TappyToon R19 (Artist: Zaru)
    Novel Updates Page: N/A,
    BakaManga Updates

Extended MTL summary:
    Prince Perance, the current heir to the throne and omega of the Ustad Kingdom, had a secret. It is said that when the previous king died and was just appearing, he was imprinted on him through the scheme of the regent Amandaris. From then on, the government falls into the hands of Amandaris, and Ferrance lives wearing a false crown. Then one day, a foreign visitor visits Ustad. Rumor has it that he knows how to undo engravings... … . To break the imprint, Ferrance proposes a deal called contract marriage to the foreigner. As painful efforts to undo the imprint continue, Jungkook becomes suspicious of Braille, and in the meantime, Ferrance gradually discovers his spouse's true identity. He is a survivor of a noble family who was caught up in a rebellion a long time ago and was exiled abroad. The moment he learns that his purpose is revenge, a legacy crisis comes to Ferrance, and in the end, Ferrance faces death without knowing each other's true feelings. Then, when Ferance returned to the past and opened his eyes, it was just before a rebellion occurred in the Kingdom of Wystad. I could do it now. Preventing a tragedy from happening to your spouse's family, and saving him or her. And to win his affection without misunderstanding.

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://www.novelupdatesforum.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    SkyLisette likes this.
  3. SkyLisette

SkyLisette LadyGrimmOfAutumn

Reading List:
    Link
    Who regressed? The MC or the ML?

Update: Nvm, found my answer and I filled in the post above with all info currently accessible. I have the novel on my to read list but I gotta finish filling out he other spoiler pages I'm in the middle of working on haha

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    DynerisCyrus likes this.
  4. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Des spoilers ? Quelle romance ? Break up? Story? He lost his statut of prince? Beteayal? Any bitch? Ending?

5. Rukshona

Rukshona New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers for this novel?? Why mc was marked by that white regent guy?? And after when mc will rebirth is he will be marked again with white hair guy??

6. Sher0n

Sher0n Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers but not really. More like a rant with spoilers, because I just want to vent and get my feelings about this story out of my system. I've MTLed this months ago, so I don't remember much; but the webtoon brought my frustrations back out lol. Take my spoilers with a grain of salt, and please correct me if I misinterpreted, misunderstood, or got something wrong. Also, one last reminder that the spoilers will be heavily biased with my opinions sprinkled in between, so don't read if you know this will annoy you.

So, when MC manifested as an omega after his parents' death, he didn't know what was happening. Both of his parents were beta, so he was scared without anyone helping him. The regent took advantage of that and imprinted on the MC. Stuff happened and when the MC was hiding in a cabin during his gender manifestation and imprint fever from the regent, the 13 year old ML found him, which led to MC accidentally giving him an imprint. The regent accused ML's parents of something I don't remember, and had him and his parents exiled. While traveling to their place of exile, ML's parents were involved in a fatal accident, presumably assassinated. ML attributed their deaths to the regent and MC, believing that had MC defended his parents, they might have survived. Consequently, ML also blamed MC for imprinting him, which has been causing him considerable suffering. Upon their reunion, ML intended to use MC for revenge. To mask the fact that he carries MC's scent from their imprinting, ML consistently cover himself with another's omega pheromone (his omega friend Aleph). This also helps prevent them from re-imprinting, as it seems ML has managed to suppressed MC's imprint on him.

This is the part that frustrates me. When they met, the MC asked the ML to help sever his imprint with the regent. It should have been clear that what MC endured over the past 13 years was not of his own choosing or desire. How could ML expect MC to have saved his parents when he was clearly under the regent's control and oppression all this time? He couldn't even save himself! Later on when they became close and MC developed feelings, ML knew that MC was troubled by the scent of Aleph's pheromone on his body, yet he never considered telling the truth or explaining himself. Instead, he constantly questions, "I don’t have another omega, what should I do to get you to believe me?" What does he expect? Instead of offering clarity, he takes pleasure in MC's jealousy! (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

MC and ML eventually had their first penetrative sex and ML knotted him. At some point (maybe around the time when regent was about to be overthrown), MC told the regent that ML knotted him, the regent expressed horror, stating that giving birth to another alpha's child while still being imprinted to the regent could be fatal for MC. This concern appears valid, as ML himself acknowledged in his POV that he is seeking a solution to this issue. The regent argued that ML's actions demonstrate a disregard for MC's life, accusing ML of intending to use the potential child as a means to usurp the throne.

When they finally overthrew the regent, MC wanted to terminate the contract, believing ML was in love with Aleph. In response, ML threatened and attempted to coerce MC into marriage by imposing a severe penalty for contract breach. He went so far as to demand that MC bear his child, insisting the child carry both parents' names and inherit rights to MC's throne, regardless of any future marriage or children MC might have with others. When MC declared his demands unreasonable, ML subtly reminded him of his control over the strongest army currently in the country. When the narrative switched to ML’s perspective, it was shown that ML was surprised that MC perceived this as a threat... ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)

MC was scared, stressed, and is feeling uncertain about whether he is already pregnant with the ML's child or not because ML has knotted him. In the end, MC decided to drink an abortive medication to make sure he doesn't carry ML's child. He reacted badly to the medication and died. When he died, he was returned to when he was 16 and ML was 13.

Even in this second timeline, the ML remains problematic. The MC did not imprint on ML and successfully prevented the exile of ML’s parents in this timeline. However, they still died in an accident while relocating to evade the regent until MC become of age to legitimately inherit the throne. ML and MC agreed to reunite after MC turned 19 and ascended to the throne. MC unfortunately did not regress far enough to avoid being imprinted by the repulsive regent. So, MC plans to avoid exposure to the regent’s pheromones, aiming to prevent the dependency and significant impact it had on him in the previous timeline.

As part of his plan, MC hired "redhead" (what he called ML's 1st timeline assistant). Redhead is now named "Marstiel" (weird MTL lol) instead of ML due to MC altering destinies. MC wants Redhead to create an inhibitor for him (the opium). MC planned to use this inhibitor for three years while waiting for ML’s return, despite the known risks of dependency and addiction associated with prolonged use. (Basically, MC decided to take inhibitors while waiting for ML to become of age, and they can figure out what to do about regent's imprint on MC after ML return). This is where it gets infuriating...ML did not return after three years but instead went missing for 13 years.

After a timeskip, MC is now 29 and is looking to get married to he can leave a descendant. This is because MC doesn't think he has long to live due to his addiction to the inhibitor that's breaking down his body and he has given up on waiting for ML

ML also return after 13 years, and he is now 27. ML usurped redhead (Marstiel) and became the new guardian of Blue Warren. He also discontinued MC's inhibitor supply after taking charge, causing MC to stressed out and went to look for redhead, only to discovered that ML is now the new guardian. When they met, ML audaciously demand that MC fulfill their earlier marriage promise. MC refused, feeling sad and betrayed. ML then attempted to assault MC after being refused, and after stripping MC he discovered MC's cracked and bleeding fingernails—clear signs of his long-term inhibitor use. ML expressed shock, stating, "I didn’t think you’d be taking the inhibitor for so long!" (ಠ_ಠ) This pisses me off even more because it shows a complete lack of understanding and consideration for how MC managed his heat and unwanted imprint during ML's absence, especially when ML had even requested MC to avoid other alphas before he left. ML offered no apology; instead, MC learned through his chamberlain that ML felt "very regretful" about his prolonged absence and its resultant effects on MC, wishing he could have returned sooner. (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

After MC rejected him, ML continues forcing himself on MC (consent was dubious), threatening to kill Redhead, and threatening MC's kingdom's income (salt supply), etc. until MC agreed to marry him.

The reason ML disappeared for 12 years turns out to be a result of a stupid misunderstanding. One evening, while MC was experiencing his heat, the regent snuck into his room like a creep with the intent to assault him. During this incident, the regent began rambling nonsense—unfortunately, I cannot recall the specifics. However, Aleph, who was eavesdropping at the time, overheard this and misunderstood. He mistakenly informed ML that MC was responsible for the death of his parents. I cannot get over how Aleph was just there eavesdropping while MC was about to be assaulted instead of doing something to help. Anyway, rather than feeling outraged, MC found it...touching (????) that ML still wants to marry him despite believing that he had killed his parents. However, it turns out ML never believed Aleph's accusation that MC had a hand in his parents' death. His reason for leaving was due to another stupid misunderstanding: he found an unsent letter in MC's study, addressed to "Marstiel"—a name that belonged to ML in the previous timeline but is now Redhead's name, but MC still had trouble adapting to the name change in the second timeline so sometimes he would mistakenly address ML by that name. This caused ML to believe that MC has feelings for Redhead. So out of jealousy, he left and when he returned, he took over Redhead's guardian position as well as the name "Marstiel"—because "Marstiel" is who MC love. (ಠ_ಠ)

Anyway, they resolved the misunderstanding and got back together. In the epilogue, ML recalled fragments of the past timeline through a dream, including the moment of MC's death. When MC shared details about their previous experiences from the past timeline, ML realized that his dreams were memories of that past, which caused him to cry. Fortunately, this version of ML acknowledged that MC was never responsible for his parents' deaths in either timeline and recognized that MC was also a victim. Ultimately, they imprinted on each other, got married, and MC overcame his inhibitor addiction, resulting in a happy ending.

If you're curious about what became of the regent, that part is actually very satisfying. When he snuck into MC's room, MC defended himself effectively and managed to capture the regent. MC's chamberlain heard the commotion and ran into the room, grabbed the nearest wine bottle, and smashed it onto regent's head the moment he saw what was happening to MC. I love MC's chamberlain so much, he's only other character I like besides MC and maybe Redhead. Since then, the regent has been imprisoned for 12 years, enduring severe tortured: he was chained up, lost an eye, became crippled, and had his tongue removed. Also, a section of skin on the back of his neck was sliced off, causing him pain whenever he tries to release his pheromones, so MC no longer fears him. MC even visits him occasionally to gloat. Most people believe the regent simply returned to his territory and became reclusive. Oh, the regent also retains some memories from the past timeline, adding to his misery. Good riddance, truly a fitting outcome for such a detestable character. I get the biggest ick whenever he appears.

This story was really frustrating for me to read. The MC is undoubtedly the biggest victim, yet hardly anyone in the narrative seems to fully recognize how miserable and degrading his life has been (especially in the first timeline), enduring 13 years of assault and manipulation by the disgusting regent that forced the imprint on him during his most vulnerable moment. Only his chamberlain in the second timeline seems to truly understand, breaking down in tears when MC decided to be honest with him. It's baffling how little shock or compassion others show.

The whole story was just full of miscommunication, misunderstanding, and ML threatening MC to get what he wants. When an MC has lived such a miserable life, I wish for him to find an ML who is gentle, caring, and genuinely prioritizes his wellbeing. If the ML is less than kind, he must at least show significant remorse, grovels, and make amends for at least half the amount to MC's suffering to make their relationship acceptable in my eyes. In the first timeline, MC died before ML could apologize or recognize his mistakes. In the second timeline, ML remains domineering, using threats to get his way despite having no right to be demanding after disappearing for so long. The audacity (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻. I guess he did eventually showed remorse, but this whole situation made me feel as though MC had escaped from one manipulative alpha only to fall into the clutches of another. Absolutely tragic. I need the love of MC's life to at least match the level of care MC's chamberlain has for him.

That's all I have lol. Maybe someone who has a better understanding of Korean and still have the story fresh in their memories can correct any misinterpretations or misunderstanding I might have and alleviate my vexations with the ML and this story. (*ᴗˬᴗ)

7. SkyLisette

Reading List:
    Link
    So what I'm hearing is to let this Manhwa marinate until almost the end so I can speed run through the pain of both timelines lol

8. Rukshona

Rukshona New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much

9. DynerisCyrus

DynerisCyrus Green Tea Maker

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy crap. Although you mentioned it's better to take the spoilers with a pinch of salt due to the possible bias but HOLY CRAP??? I know my tastes in MLs and pretty sure I would've hated how this turned out. I mean, no proper apology or groveling for the shit ton of misery the ML caused the mc? With or without misunderstandings?

On another note, thank you very much for the spoilers!

SkyLisette likes this.
  10. Sher0n

Sher0n Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome, and same! I’ve got my own taste in MLs too, which probably explains why I'm pretty harsh in my spoilers lol.

In the first timeline, ML even orchestrated some events that put MC in danger so that he could "save" him. I don't remember if this was part of his tactic to bring the regent down, gain MC's trust, or both. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that he was planning to thoroughly used MC and harbors resentments towards him for his parents' death, even though it was clear to anyone with a bit of sense and empathy that MC had no control over any aspect of his life—not even his own body, due to the imprint. I'm pretty sure ML even mentioned killing off MC after getting revenge on the regent, but he began making excuses in his head to keep MC alive because he developed feelings for him, though he was in denial about them, which led to the whole "bear my child or else" scene that pushed MC to drink the abortive med and died.

I kept reading mainly because I wanted to see if that pedo regent got his comeuppance, and he did! It was a relief to see him dealt with so early in the second timeline. But just when I thought we were in the clear and MC will live a good life this time around, I got hit with a ton of angst from miscommunication and the ML being an even bigger butthead this time, even though he actually had less reason to be than in the first timeline.

Like, I get why the ML was bitter and resentful in the first timeline: he lost his parents and the MC's accidental imprint on him has been torturing him for years. I dislike comparing degrees of suffering, but let’s be honest, while the ML's suffering is considerable, he didn't have to endure the assaults that the MC likely faced from that creepy pedo regent over the course of 13 years. In the second timeline, the MC didn’t even imprint on ML this time, and yet, there's all this unnecessary drama because of his wild misunderstandings, lack of communication, and shit personality. ML really doesn't deserve MC tbh.

To make it worse, I didn't even get to see any omegaverse babies after enduring all this bs. Maybe there are side stories or something I couldn't find, but it was a bummer.

I do recommend waiting until the first timeline is finished if you don't like angst with a tragic end. The second timeline might be okay, because it'll be just like any other generic BL with misunderstandings and lack of communication. The reasons for the misunderstandings won't reveal itself until almost the end, so you're just there feeling confused and frustrated about why ML disappeared for 13 years and didn't keep his promise to MC, and wondering why the ML is suddenly acting like an overbearing CEO after returning when he was so cute before he left. When the misunderstanding was revealed, though, I was like that meme of Ben Affleck smoking on a roof looking utterly done. Like, the MC has been suffering the side effects of consuming inhibitors for 13 years due to this... But since you've read the spoilers, the frustration might be magnified lol.

DynerisCyrus and SkyLisette like this.
  11. Rukshona

Rukshona New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After misunderstanding was done how did ML reacted did he say sorry to mc??

12. SkyLisette

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it talk about what happened to ML after MCs death in the first timeline?

13. Sher0n

Sher0n Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think ML actually apologized, tbh. He might have made some vague remarks about regret, but it wasn’t memorable enough for me to recall.

In fact, I remember that it’s actually MC who felt more remorseful towards ML for accidentally creating the misunderstanding that he was in love with someone else through those letters with ML's first timeline name written on them. I even remember feeling somewhat miffed that MC actually felt touched that ML still loves him and wanted to marry him despite having all these misconceptions about him. Like, baby boy, you are the victim here why are you feeling sorry for this butthead (╬ಠ益ಠ)

Even before this revelation, though, I think MC had already somewhat forgiven ML and had even agreed to marry him. However, MC only realized the full extent of the misunderstanding after a conversation with Aleph, ML's omega friend that MC was jealous of in the first timeline. He went to speak with Aleph because he still had that misunderstanding from the first timeline that the ML is in love with Aleph. So he went to scope out his rival so to speak, like, telling Aleph that even if MC and ML divorce, ML still wouldn't be able to remarry him or anyone else. It was then that Aleph clarified he and ML had never been in love. Aleph saw himself as ML's loyal subordinate who shared the same circumstances (Aleph's parents were also murdered by the regent). Aleph revealed to MC that he was there the day the regent broke into MC's room and overheard their conversation. The regent's incoherent ramblings (I don't remember what was said) led Aleph to misunderstood that MC also played a part in his and ML's parents' death, and he went and told this information to ML which led ML to disappeared for 13 years, only returning now.

After learning this from Aleph, MC went and discussed this with ML, who then revealed that he found letters in MC's studies with Redhead's name (which is ML's first timeline name) that was the main reason for why he disappeared, because he thought MC was in love with Redhead. ML also said that he's been looking for a way to break the regent's imprint on MC during his disappearance, but I'm pretty sure that's more like an after thought lol.
    Unfortunately, I don't remember (>﹏<). I only remember the past up until MC was dying, and ML and MC's chamberlain were distraught and trying to bring him back but failed.

DynerisCyrus and SkyLisette like this.
  14. Kael97

Kael97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! It did actually, but not that detailed.
    it was shown through ml's dream after regression. Ml sometimes get dreams of what happened in the firsttimeline and he thought it was just a premonition of some sort.
    Not that detailed but partly where he became miserable as he cant accept the fact mc died. after mc's funeral, he left ustad but he came back again and again.
    As he imprinted on MC and when ml heat comes, he just use suppressants so much, blood gushes out from his nose and mouth. Even if he knows how to break the imprint he didnt do it and just let himself slowly break down because he believes that it s the only trace that MC left him with.
    One day Aleph left him because he cant bear to watch ml's destruction, ml just died alone.
    Alsooo, it was said that before he died, he swallowed both of their wedding rings

Sher0n and SkyLisette like this.