Something short I wrote at work, continuation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gandire Alea, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    As stated in the title, this is the continuation to what I wrote last time. Also, as stated, I wrote it at work. If you haven't read the previous short, here is a link~

Here is the story

Serena sits back on the stone railing lining the balcony. She waits just past the light shining from the window. Finding her isn’t hard, but she won’t easily be spotted by someone casually glancing outside. Her once glittering gown has taken a pale hue underneath the moonlight.

Calem sets his juice filled wine glass on the table and joins her in the shadow of the balcony.

“You’re already here? Did you just bolt straight out here.”
    “Enough talk, just take off your mask.”
    “What, and you get to keep wearing yours?”

Serena reaches up for her mask. As she wraps her fingers around it, Calem does the same. They stare at each other, and as music beginning to play carries outside, they remove them at the same time.

Relief, sorrow, joy, confusion, regret, and anger all overwhelm Serena. Those varied and conflicting emotions leave her frozen in place. Her mask slides from her hand as she reaches out cups Calem’s face. The warmth passed into her palm brings tears to her eyes.

“It really is you…”

“Hey, long time no see.”

Calem reaches up and wraps his fingers around her hand. While it isn’t as soft as he remembers, it still has the same gentle warmth. He too is at a loss for words. Despite having known that moment was fast approaching, despite having prepared himself for it, despite having hundreds of things he wants to say, nothing comes to mind.

At some point, they both hold each other.

“You’re back. You’re finally back. I was so scared I’d never see you again.”
    “Honestly, I had given up. After that last time, I thought I’d never say any of you again.”

Eventually, as they seperate, Calem takes Serena’s hand again. He holds it up and grins at the golden ring on it. A sly, teasing, tone laces his words as he says, “So, you and Tierno?”

Serena bashfully pulls her hand back. A warm smile spreads across her face as she stares down at the ring on her finger. Her words are soft, spoken with hesitation, but she manages to say, “After you vanished… it wasn’t at first… we were all desperately searching for you… really, it just happened last year.”

Calem laughs, partially from joy at the news and partially from relief. As Serena eyes him, unsure what to make of his action, he chuckles some. “I have to introduce you to Lana later.”

And if you want something else to read, click here~

@yun yun yun @kohaichi

2. Deleted member 411209

Deleted member 411209 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you think??

Deleted member 411209 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 411209

Reading List:
    Link
    its good, im getting excited for the next chapter..(^·^)
    But Lana will be the 3rd wheel here i guess?

Gandire Alea likes this.
  5. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    that was it, actually

6. Deleted member 411209

Reading List:
    Link

No more next chapter? ai, i guess i will not know how Lana will react after that then..

7. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    relieved~

Deleted member 411209 likes this.
  8. yun yun yun

yun yun yun (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 3 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    A lovely ending ah~~ ^^
    A imagine a gentle sigh and a slight smile at the end~~