Recommendations Syosetu and Kokuyomu Novels Reccomendation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Bright_Lucky_Star, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, your beloved Orange in here. I'm looking for novels recommendation on Syosetu and Kokuyomu. Here are some novels that I want to read, please don't recommend Litrpg/status windows stories. Adventure and Saga stories, short story with angst feeling. If possible I also want character close to the Main Characters should die or the more tragic the stories the better. Raw novel is no problem, I can always burn my head with MTL, ugh it will cause headache...
    44156156-512-k295955.jpg
    Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou
    Mimizuku, a small girl with chains on her wrists and ankles and the numbers “332” branded onto her forehead, wanders into the Forest of Night seeking to be eaten by a monster. However, when the ruler of the monsters, the mysterious and beautiful “King of Night,” refuses to eat her, she tries to formulate a way to convince him otherwise.

Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite
    (No Picture, unless you want Mukuro Rokudo and Tsuna gender bend as cover)
    When he regained consciousness he was already in another world. There was no meeting with a God, no cheat skills, just a sudden reincarnation. There was no time to find his bearings either, he was in a life-or-death trouble from the start that would somehow result in being employed as a valet to a vain youngster from an aristocratic family.
    He would, in time, discover an astonishing truth about this new world and vow to fight it with all his might to protect the people important to him. No matter how reckless that would be.

X.jpg
    Rakuin no Monshou
    The countries of Mephius and Garbera have been waging a war for ten years and are trying to put an end to this long fight through a political marriage between the two royal families. Orba, who was driven from his home because of the war and was forced to become a gladiator, looks exactly like the crown prince of Mephius, and it has been decided he will be substituting him during the wedding ceremony. On the other hand, Vileena, the princess of Garbera, has secretly decided to ensnare the crown prince for her own country’s interests.

51jnS6FxB3L.jpg

Ashes and Kingdoms
    Within the long decaying empire, in the northern borders where the public order has been crumbling, beasts of darkness threaten the livelihood of the people. Phineas, a young boy who works as a miller, is forced to leave with his family, away from the windmill, to take refuge in a town ruled by the brigands who were once the army. This is the story of a boy who goes on a journey with the support of his family and his friends to find a quiet place they can call home.

STL185892.jpg
    Grimgal of Ashes and Illusion
    When Haruhiro came to, he was in the darkness. Not knowing why was he here, or where “here” even was. With him were others who also remembered little more than their own names. What they found when they came out of the underground was a world that was `just like a game.” In order to survive, Haruhiro forms a party with others in the same situation as him, learns Skills, and takes his first steps forward into the world of Grimgar as a Trainee Volunteer Soldier. Not knowing what awaits him… This is a tale of adventure born from the ashes.

vYsxPFv.jpg
    Vermillion; Étranger À L'arc Rouge
    In this VR game【DEMONDAL】that was ridiculously close to reality, the protagonist Kei who was a well known mounted archery expert, was one day sent to another world with his Russian【DEMONDAL】friend.

The game that was severe to begin with had turned into a reality, and the harshness increased again――
    (Despite the synopsis, the story doesn't involve status window or game numerical value. If character die in this world they indeed died)

LN_P5V10-CoverJPN.jpg

Ascendance of a Bookworm
    A bookworm who had finally found a job as a librarian at a university was sadly killed shortly after graduating from college.
    She was reborn as Myne, the daughter of a soldier in a world where the literacy rate is low and books were scarce. No matter how much she wanted to read, there were no books around. What is a bookworm to do without any books? Make them, of course.
    Her goal is to become a librarian! So that she may once again live surrounded by books, she must start by making them herself.

(Yeah she got a new life but that the premise of the story. People still in the story tho. I only forgive Myne antic action because story is that good)

upload_2023-9-18_17-52-57.png
    Paldadin of End / Faraway Paladin
    In a city of the dead, long since ruined and far from human civilization, lives a single human child. His name is Will, and he’s being raised by three undead: the hearty skeletal warrior, Blood; the graceful mummified priestess, Mary; and the crotchety spectral sorcerer, Gus. The three pour love into the boy, and teach him all they know.
    But one day, Will starts to wonder: “Who am I?” Will must unravel the mysteries of this faraway dead man’s land, and unearth the secret pasts of the undead. He must learn the love and mercy of the good gods, and the bigotry and madness of the bad. And when he knows it all, the boy will take his first step on the path to becoming a Paladin.
    “I promised you. It’s gonna take a while, but I’ll tell you everything. This is the story of the deaths of many heroes. It’s the story of how we died, and it’s the reason you grew up here.”

9784101240527_1_2.jpg
    Twelve Kingdoms
    For high-schooler Yoko Nakajima, life has been fairly ordinary–that is until Keiki, a young man with golden hair, tells Yoko they must return to their kingdom. Once confronted by this mysterious being and whisked away to an unearthly realm, Yoko is left with only a magical sword; a gem; and a million questions about her destiny, the world she’s trapped in, and the world she desperately wants to return to.
    (I intent to read this old story in the next weeks, it's been gathering dust in my library without me knowing. Old story tend to be good)

Thank you for the recommendation.​