Korean The Hunter's Gonna Lay Low (BL)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by .Lance, Apr 9, 2024.

1. .Lance

.Lance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Hunter's Gonna Lay Low
    Raw Link: https://ridibooks.com/books/2404004197
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-hunters-gonna-lay-low/?pg=1&grr=1
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    All the characters are really interesting and well written. Although the MC is hiding his abilities, he's not stupid about it and will still use them if he has to. Previous translator dropped all of their projects according to the announcement on their blog
    Description: Cha Ui-jae, a hunter assigned to repair a rift in the West Sea, was thrown out when the rift closed abruptly. He then wakes up in a garbage dump.

Extremely hungry and in a zombie-like state, he’s drawn to a hangover soup restaurant, where he realizes that he has fallen eight years into the future.

In this era, an emergency alert tells you when and where a gate will open, ASMR videos of dungeon slimes go viral, and a leisurely hunter broadcasts an unboxing of an A-class longsword.

Unlike the past, where everyone feared the arrival of the end of the world, the future was peaceful. Ui-jae felt empty. Now, instead of being a hunter, he is going to start the second act of his life as a part-timer at a hangover soup restaurant?!

“Strange.”

“…….”

“Where have we met before?”

As the only part-time worker at a decades-old hangover soup restaurant, Cha Ui-jae’s plans to spend the rest of his life quietly go awry when he encounters a mysterious ‘gas mask’…

maonaru and Cyltea like this.
  2. eardun

eardun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Title
    : The Hunter's Gonna Lay Low
    Korean Title: 헌터는 조용히 살고 싶다
    Official Raw Links: https://ridibooks.com/books/2404004197
    Novelupdates Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-hunters-gonna-lay-low/ (has been dropped by the uploader)
    Genre: BL, Action, Comedy, Fantasy
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: it won the Ridibooks awards in 2023 and it's very funny, my stomach hurt while reading it. It has an MTL but the uploader dropped it because they're busy (see their announcement), so it'd be nice if someone picked it up again! The novel cover's also done by the illustrator who worked on Debut or Die and other popular novels!

Description: Cha Ui-jae, a hunter assigned to repair a rift in the West Sea, is thrown outward when the rift closes and wakes up in a garbage dump.

After being drawn like a zombie into a restaurant with extreme hunger, he realizes that he has fallen eight years into the future in South Korea.

An era where a disaster text tells you when and where the gates will open, ASMR videos of slime from dungeons go viral, and a leisurely hunter broadcasts package unboxings with a class-A longsword.

Unlike in the past, when the apocalypse was feared, in the peaceful future, Ui-jae feels empty. And now, instead of being a hunter, he’s going to start the second act of his life as a part-time student at a seafood restaurant?!

“Strange.”
    “…….”
    “Where have we met before?”

As the only part-time worker at a decades-old haejang-guk house, Ui-jae’s plans to spend the rest of his life quietly go awry when he encounters a mysterious ‘gas mask’…

tags: boys love, korean BL

[​IMG]

maonaru, donutsandtwists and Cyltea like this.
  3. HyonkHyonk

HyonkHyonk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that they have dropped the translations. But I really like this novels so I may pick it up.

Problem is I’m not sure where or how to become a translator for an accessible website? Please let me know some recommendations :)
    I’m might even be able to create a website but I still need some recommendations on platforms I can use to create one.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  4. stefasa

stefasa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend Wordpress but there are many other sites!!!

HyonkHyonk likes this.
  5. .Lance

.Lance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WordPress is pretty good. If you need help, you can DM me if you want, I've learned some basics of it from making a few websites

eardun and HyonkHyonk like this.
  6. snsss450

snsss450 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! Just as was previously written, wordpress works well and free. If you would need any help with translating DM me please as I'm obsessed w this stuff and would gladly participate in any translational part of the process!!

HyonkHyonk and eardun like this.
  7. eardun

eardun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, please pick this up!! I'm not sure about the website, but people here are saying wordpress, so I think it should be good!

Maybe you two could team up? Either way, thank you for responding to this thread, I'm so happy that people are finally noticing and taking interest in this novel!

snsss450 and HyonkHyonk like this.
  8. snsss450

snsss450 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Greetings once again. Wanted to post some updates regarding the translation’s preparation state, if anybody is interested!
    Translation is going to carry on, but in the meantime I have plans of manually covering the novel from beginning, as MTL is readable enough, but in some moments can… swap things up, which I want to work on. Currently I’ve created a website, and have partially translated description + chapter 1. Can’t send links, so here is a proof of me doing something
    In a rather unusual scene, unfolding on the road he always took, youth raised his head. Some people, who on top of being dressed in neon safety jackets with special uniform beneath them, wore yellow caskets, waved with red glow sticks, while standing in front of a road. Entrance to the gate, shimmering with blue light, was seen above their heads.

So, all of this is to say that extremely unfortunately [ㅠㅠ ] due to some personal circumstances, I will be able to continue with chapter 1 only after May 23. Although I really want to think that then I would have everything at my disposal to waste less than eternity on 3k symbols :,D
    I’m a bit late on updates, so if there are any competent teams or people who intent to pick up the novel (…maybe???), note me and I’ll retreat. Until then - hope I manage to get things done with an actual release!