Spoiler The Only Way to Break the Curse is Through Contact with You / 저주를 풀 방법은 당신과의 접촉뿐

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ryokucha, Oct 5, 2023.

1. ryokucha

ryokucha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Title: The Only Way to Break the Curse is Through Contact with You / 저주를 풀 방법은 당신과의 접촉뿐
    Available Forms/Media: Webnovel
    Link to Raws: Naver
    Link to NU: NU
    Synopsis: I possessed the antagonist “Roeni” who died while obsessing over the male lead, “Diart,” in a romance fantasy novel.
    Goodbye to the death ending! I decided to live a safe and wealthy life after a peaceful divorce, but… Am I cursed?

[The only way to break the curse is through contact with the opposite s*x.]
    The only man around is Diart, my husband,
    but he has absolutely no interest in me, not even a bit.

In this situation, there’s only one option left. Until the divorce is finalized…

“I should flirt around~”

Since I’m at it, I might as well look for a handsome, fit, and wealthy man, but my husband is acting strange.

“So, you intended to solve the curse by getting involved with someone else, and leaving me, your husband?”

When I honestly talked about the curse, he glared at me coldly.

…But why is he approaching me with a smile? Why is he undressing? Hey, why are you being so scary?!

Why is this man, who could easily destroy a country, obsessed with me?

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://www.novelupdatesforum.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. AstraTheStar

AstraTheStar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NGL the ML is extra stale:blobexpressionless::blobwoah:
    Nothing special other than he is obsessive and has a shitty personality. I'm not defending the original FL body's terrible intentions. She was shit too. In the beginning of this novel FL was saying to give him another chance even though he has a terrible personality (Are you trying to change him?:blobunsure:) She kinda talks a bit about his looks too, but her common sense comes back.
    Just wished it wasn't like other novels, this ML just sucks and lacks.:blobpensive:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  4. ryokucha

ryokucha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This has got to be the most plainest novel I've read in a while. Everything is so anticlimactic.

Like the summary says, FL touches a rose in a library, causing her to become cursed. The only way to break free from the curse is to have skinship with men. FL rules out ML since he dislikes her, so her target is the prince (2nd ML). FL meets the prince multiple times throughout the story, but the farthest touch they make is holding hands when they dance together. Of course, the most contact FL ends up having is with ML, especially toward the end when ML and FL love each other.

Leticia is the princess of the country and FL's best friend. Originally in the novel, the two despised each other because Roeni was rude to other people. Leticia invites FL to a tea party which FL accepts. They talk at the party and become friends.

Adelia is the original FL from the novel. She was portrayed as a typical nice FL, but she's actually really mean. She's good at hiding it and only shows her mean side to the FL.

There is a hunting competition. Adelia kidnaps FL. ML saves FL. Adelia is captured. ML scolds the royal family for this happening (since the competition was hosted by them).

There's this one part that I thought was funny. FL is a fan of reading 18+ novels. One time when FL is sleeping, ML reads all the books in her room. When FL wakes up, she finds out ML read everything and is super embarrassed. Every time ML mentions the title of a book (e.g. When the Knight Cries), she screams. ML teases FL on how he learned FL's type is a crying man. FL is embarrassed.

ML was planning on rebelling and taking over the throne so that FL could be empress because he knew FL was ignored and bullied by other nobles. His thought was if FL became an empress, she would have power, and no one would be able to bully her anymore. FL rejects this idea and says she doesn't want a high position like that because it comes with a lot of responsibility. She wants to live freely and spend money as she pleases as a duchess. In the end, ML promises to stop his plan because he thinks the way FL is trying to convince him is cute.

Prince's birthday party is hosted by the royal family. ML and FL attend together. FL talks to the prince, and he tells her since FL is in love with ML, he wants to continue being friends with FL. ML publicly apologizes to the royal family for scolding them during the hunting competition and announces he is giving up his title of duke. Everyone is shocked, and FL realizes ML did it in front of everyone so that the emperor can't privately dissuade him. ML later mentions he did it because the emperor is greedy for land and is about to declare war in order to obtain it. Since ML was a duke, he would've been forced to go to war, so he dropped his title so that he could be with FL. But wait! There's more! ML also asks FL for a divorce so they can start their relationship over again with a fresh start (they initiated a divorce, stopped it, and now they're proceeding with the divorce).

ML plans to propose to FL on a boat. When FL is alone Adelia appears with a dagger (she somehow escaped prison). FL has the choice of dying by Adelia or jumping into the water, so she jumps even though she can't swim. ML jumps in and saves her. Adelia is arrested and later hanged. FL is in bed for a few days, and ML is next to her all day and night. When FL wakes up, the first thing she does is pretend to have lost her memory. ML starts crying. FL quickly tells the truth, but ML laughs and says he knew she was faking because of the way she first looked at him lovingly.

The ending is of the two getting married.

5. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    camping for more spoilers :bloblove: anyone have the MTL of this pls

Kanae24 likes this.
  6. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the spoilers! The story is really quite plain. The giving up title part is very confusing and illogical.

Aqua_the_idiot likes this.
  8. ropanlover

ropanlover Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for saving my time. I hate this cliche most. I'm out of here. Bye :blobcatpeekwall:

9. Bunny567

Bunny567 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're there any ML jealous moments?

10. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened in the original? Did ML murdered MC for messing with the OGFL? How did he fall for MC now?

11. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so they both became commoners?