Chinese Within The Sound of Swallows 燕子声声里 by Bai Lu Cheng Shuang 白鹭成双

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Vico, May 16, 2024.

1. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Within The Sound of Swallows 燕子声声里
    NU Link : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/within-the-sound-of-swallows/
    Raw Link: https://wenxue.iqiyi.com/book/detail-18l2j27k6h.html
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:

This is gonna be adapted as a drama
    They had started to translate this but they quickly dropped it and I think it's a pity
    This from the author who wrote The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir and When Spring Comes
    Honestly, look at the story, it looks so amazing and original ! It's usually revenge and rebirth OR time travel, but there, it's both, and one of them is actually the villain, this looks so good !
    Description :
    At the tender age of five, Shen Guiyan was able to recite a thousand-word essay, at the age of six she played the zither and composed her own poems, at the age of seven she burned incense and became a poet, and at the age of eight she was betrothed to the son of the prime minister. Everyone said she was born of a Phoenix Jade* and had a good destiny.

But then a woman arrives from the modern era and turns her direct sister from a barbarian to a witty one, stealing her husband and harming her birth mother, and toppling her from the sky, laughing wildly: “How can a mere feudal woman compete with a modern 21st century woman?”

Conspiracy and deceptions changed her fate, her growing belly ruined her marriage, caused her to be married to a simple merchant’s son, who ruined her on the wedding night, yet all of this just helped to fulfill a strange destiny.

According to a nutcase monk, her fate will be a great disaster when she reaches maturity, a great joy when she reaches her second decade, and a great sorrow when her hair turns white.

Shen Guiyan does not believe in fate, she only believes that man will prevail over God.

Those who owe her will have to pay her back. Those who have harmed her will eventually go to hell. Is it something great to cross over? To be reborn? Even if you have ten or eight golden fingers**, I will chop them all up for you!

“Your sister is actually a kind person.” Gu Chaobei said this.

“What’s so kind about her?” Shen Guiyan sneered coldly.

“At least she let me meet you. If I hadn’t met you, I don’t know how boring life would have been.”

*Phoenix Jade: Phoenix carved from a Jade, symbolizing outstanding talents and superior abilities.

**Golden Fingers: A gold finger is basically a cheat power/ability.

alleniver, ruru6, mikaachan and 2 others like this.
  2. mikaachan

mikaachan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +++++ hope someone picks it up soon the author is one of my favourites ever and it’s a pity it got dropped.

ruru6 and Vico like this.
  3. ruru6

ruru6 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to translate it!! Pls look forward ~
    Thank you!
    Ruru

Fujo_moa, mikaachan and Vico like this.
  4. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List: