Spoiler Bastian

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Diell88

Diell88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they meet at the end of tomorrow's chapter, we readers would be left hanging all weekend :LOL:. Imagine the agony :cry:

2. Jo_al7

Jo_al7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also think so, odette lived as Bastian’s wife for whole three years, in those years she did aquire some feelings but they didn’t develop any further. Odette keep thinking about bastian every now and then, maybe her feeling are attachment to the man that she shared a bed with, the man that is called her husband, the man who hurted her and even protected her.

Till now we didn’t have much pov of Odette thought about bastian, i’m really excited on how will they meet and what will be odette reaction, i hope solche doesn’t leave us in cliffhanger

3. Elyriona

Elyriona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha! You make me blush [​IMG]

4. Ta_533

Ta_533 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here. Even though my heart aches everytime I read Bastians pov, I'm still salty about all those nights he forced himself on Odette. Idk how he wants to make it up to her. Even if they do make up, Odette is going to get reminded of all those traumatic nights whenever they want to sleep together.

However, It's obvious Odette has had feelings for Bastian all along but she suppressed them thinking it would all be pointless after their divorce. Bastian is the only one who can heal the wounds he gave her. I just hope Solche won't half-ass their reconciliation for the sake of ending the novel soon. I want a satisfying rolling arc from Bastian, and some real romantic moments without any toxicity.

5. 1Rene

1Rene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so when i first read the comments here i was really angry thinking Bastian who knows Odette the best, saw how her entire life she was being controlled and driven by circumstances to have no say in the major decisions involving her was still stubborn abt wanting her back while disregarding her will.
    So i digged into the chapter expecting the worst. But as i continued reading, i couldn't help but feel proud of Bastian . Our man changed so much.
    I realised, it's not that he was unilaterally trying to revive their relationship using countess but trying to have a heart to heart talk with her.
    Although i didn't like him kneeling infront of countess but whether we like her or not she is still Odette's guardian. So this was the only way to approach her formally without using any dirty tricks . Odette deserves an honest and transparent heart from his side.

We know Odette's feelings ,Bastian doesn't. But he is not going to let their relationship die without making any effort . He is trying to break down that barrier of lack of communication by letting go of his pride. That's growth.
    So atp even if Odette tells him to let her go i feel he will respect her wishes.

6. mushishinature

mushishinature Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate that he had to kneel in front of countess but if that is only honorable way to get to Odette then I salute him. I know he was ready to use other methods but he was willing to try to be decent for once. Maybe tomorrow they will meet but we will be left in cliffhanger for weekend.

7. Elyriona

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow Bastian and Odette reminded me the main characters from Tuberose Serenade (月下香小夜曲) in appearances and occupations. The ML there was officer and the FL was seamstress. It was the same as Bastian and Odette: Bastian is naval officer and Odette before marriage did some works related sewing.
    Unfortunately, I don’t like the story, especially FL and ML (I am not talking about the ML in this picture) from the first story. Illustrations below from second story: FL was the same, but ML was another man, the one who is in the picture and whom I am talking about now.
    And moreover it is tragedy. Both MLs died. When the second ML died I cried so much, and for the long time I couldn’t calm down. That’s why I didn’t like tragedies.
    C8ED903D-F22C-4806-B260-074531F58598.png
    D7F85AF3-B552-40F3-8DE1-CFBE6C94DC61.png
    14799D7D-DB52-40C5-9287-D2E993A3F356.png
    86FE18A0-9E2D-4936-8D1D-2FCDB8ADCAD5.jpeg

IIVISS and 1Rene like this.
  8. 1Rene

1Rene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Elyriona how do you translate the chapters from the naver series app. It isn't even letting me copy the text.

9. tifftiff2121

tifftiff2121 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How upsetting I cannot find this manga to read it!!

Elyriona likes this.
  10. Elyriona

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it is pretty cumbersome method so I don’t think it will convenient for you. I don’t use this method to read novels, and it isn’t suitable for reading.

At first I make video recording of all pages from chapter (because there are always warnings about not making screenshots), then I do screenshots from this videorecord.

After that I use app Picsew and make all pages in one-paged PDF. Then I put this PDF in Google Docs and open with Word Document. It converts in text file, where I can copy text and put at translator app (Google or Papago). Of course before that I need to edit text: delete indents, add paragraphs and so on. Make the text as the same as the one on screenshots.

Well, actually I bought the original Japanese version and translated it for myself. So yes it wasn’t translated in English or my native language.
    But you can read the first story Waltz in a White Dress. It was the first story I was talking about early.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  11. 1Rene

1Rene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow had no idea you put so much effort while providing us the translations of Bastian chapters :cry:. Thank you so much for your hardwork.

How i wish the series naver app was as easy to handle as ridi. Since i badly want to read another novel i guess i will have to follow your procedure.

maharani88, its0k and mushishinature like this.
  12. Diell88

Diell88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your effort! ::bloblove::

its0k and Elyriona like this.
  13. Elyriona

Reading List:
    Link
    In fact I myself don’t know if there’s another method to translate Naver novels. I am also novice in that. <Bastian> was my reason to begin to use Naver Series the first time.

There was one person who gave me copy of novel from Naver. He said there is method to download the text version, but it was so long time ago, that I can’t find this person.

14. 1Rene

1Rene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just found out there is an app called Hi translate. It acts like a screen translator. So far it's working on naver series app . You may want to try it in the future.

Elyriona likes this.
  15. Elyriona

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean this app?
    C7CFDA25-91C4-4726-A5DE-A6235E9169D9.jpeg

IIVISS and 1Rene like this.
  16. 1Rene

1Rene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. It's a much better alternate when you want to follow multiple novels

Elyriona likes this.
  17. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Want to see what happens but I really don't want them to get back together. I think that he can be very apologetic for what happened but I think too much has been done to her to believe that they could be happy together.

datagirl likes this.
  18. Nika Tsubasa

Nika Tsubasa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the Countess should stop sticking her nose into other people's business. And finally I see that Bastian has put aside his pride and follows his feelings. It’s not even very angry that he knelt before this countess, because he is finally honest with himself, acts openly and solves the issue with diplomacy, and not force ... well, almost)

19. Ta_533

Ta_533 Member

Reading List:
    Link

Oh god this is just too much work.
    I was obsessed with death is the only ending for a villainess 2 years ago(like how I am with Bastian now) and i remember you translating them daily back then too. God bless you and thank you for all these tiresome efforts you are putting in daily <3.