LCD I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Gin_Hindew, Jun 29, 2019.

1. LupenTheWolf

LupenTheWolf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, tbf Liam has definitely shown that he's willing to pursue girls other than Rosetta. (LN: Vol 5) He's just incredibly picky, his range for what he finds attractive is super narrow so most women fall short somewhere, and he refuses to settle for second best in anything, ever. Thinking back to why he chose Rosetta to begin with, it had little to do with his actual preferences for women, but more that he wanted to "Kick the dog" as a villain. And now he's stuck with her, lol.

The WN slowly shows his relationship with Rosetta develop, but it's a sub-plot that usually takes a backseat to the rest of the story.

Spoilers below. If you want to read the story properly, then don't look. Seriously.

In the WN, he fails to find any other women to add to his harem, and after he gives in to pressure from his vassals and even Yasushi, he goes through with the marriage to Rosetta and their relationship takes a slight change. He starts to appreciate her more as a partner, though he still limits her actual power in his territory, keeping her in a support role. And once his first child with her is born, some of the plans he's been laying out start to come to light. While he appears to worry over his son's future while the empire itself begins to turn against him, he has in fact planned for this outcome. He was never quite satisfied with staying a mere noble of the empire, this is supported by many of his lines throughout the story, though after his plans of outright usurpation are revealed to the reader they take on a new light.

My personal theory, from a minor psychoanalysis of Liam based more on his actions than his words, leads me to believe he has grown continually more dissatisfied with the state of the empire the more he has learned about it's functions. He feels he can do better, and this simply gives him more motivation to take power, pushing him to make more concrete steps toward what he may have once thought more as a flight of fancy than an actual plan.

Long story short, while he mistakenly pities his son for having been born to the man who, he thinks, will be reviled as a usurper, all the same he intends to take over the empire and make his son next in line for the throne. He does care for his family, including Rosetta, it's just through the lens of his villainous delusion.

Anazi and dotar like this.
  2. dotar

dotar New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completly agree. Havent read the 5th volume of the LN version, though.

3. Nazamroth

Nazamroth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I don't get is, why is no one in-universe realising the issue with Liam's romance? (I mean beyond the author not writing it so)

When you think about it from an outside perspective, Liam fell in love with and confessed to a ladyknight with an iron will and a heart of steel who would not surrender even when the entire world seemed to be against her. Then as soon as said girl became the lovey-dovey-wifey type, he suddenly lost all romantic interest and started just kicking the can down the road while going through the motions of being a good husband.(can't exactly blame him either. In that position he could probably pick up a dozen such wives from the nearest town) Even if it is mistaken, it would seem like he lost interest when his target had a sudden personality change and someone should bring it up with her?

Tia and Marie too, how do they not see that they were making strides when they still behaved mostly acceptably, and got thrown aside when they went full nuts? Hell, they outright committed treason for their own interests as soon as they got the chance(how lucky they are that their skills are god-tier...), and decided that the solution is to go even more crazy. Amusingly, I'm pretty sure that Aluna is now the most likely candidate for #3 at this point. A distant one, but everyone else is even further.

4. LupenTheWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Tia and Marie were never really sane since they joined Liam, it just took a bit of time for him to see enough to realize it. They are fanatics and have been since their introductions.

Some lines have indicated that Marie's behavior hasn't really changed at all from before she was petrified, just that she's got a new obsession with Liam, so it's probably safe to say she's always been a touch crazy. Tia's reputation as the "Princess Knight" was sterling, but the only thing we really know is from one or two throwaway lines right after her recovery, so we know little about how her personality has or hasn't changed.

As for Liam accepting Aluna... Well, he sometimes shows a pragmatic side, but he's definitely put off by her. Battle nuts in general weird him out, but her throwing wanting to have his kid in there with it screws with his head. Add in his last experience with the Dominion Kingdom and I'd bet he'd rather just ignore their existence if he can help it.

KuroShiroe and Eisvarith Devirea like this.
  5. bailomega

bailomega New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both develop some sort of saviour worship for him that waay beyond sane nor healthy. They're noticeably 'turned on' with him growing ever more audacious in his goals. It's shown that on the event he's missing, his house will go into full blown civil war.

As for Aluna... any kid she got or raise from Lian, will come for his or his kid's live 50 or 100 years from now. Their value is more akin to Klingon or the Saiyans then normal.

6. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading the novel a few years ago stopped around when the super prideful girl suddenly became all loveydovey with MC felt super weird. I really liked her until her personality suddenly took a complete 180. Is Amagi the main heroine? She was my favorite waifu and I hope she is main heroine /wife.

7. LupenTheWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    You really dropped it early then.

Amagi's like his mom in some ways and a lover in others. She's definitely in a weird position in terms of their relationship. Simple fact is that there's no way she would accept him only going after her and not a living woman though, he's still got a noble's duty to his blood-line to consider. She's very clear on that point throughout the story, even very early on.

8. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think i continued a little after that too but the girl's personality flip was just too offputting, it felt like her personality just died. As for Amagi, he literally has a harem anyways, I'll be happy as long as she's basically 1st / main wife... is she considered main heroine as of latest volume?

9. LupenTheWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Amagi's presence is near constant in the series, though sometimes it's just in Liam's thoughts. She never really is in a main heroine role though. Liam treats her like he would a wife, but also like his dear mother. The feelings are mixed in a confusing way, but it's fairly consistent in how it's depicted. Each new arc or LN volume has ether a new heroine, or none at all.

As to Rosetta's personality flip, there are reasons for it and it was foreshadowed, at least in the LN. You just have to pay attention to her lines and thoughts to catch it.

Kasik, KurouDaijuji and Anazi like this.
  10. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sudden 180 change in personality is explained as her being an ice queen. Due to the aristrocratic pressures, she has to be this independent strong woman as to continue being independent from her family especially her evil step sisters. Once Liam saved her from those hardships, she broke down and devoted herself to Liam as to thank him while also falling for him.

11. LupenTheWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like there's some misinformation in there.

12. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah me too.. very subtle though...

13. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Misinformation is a bit too much. I might have misinterpreted that event since its been a long since I read this story.

Eisvarith Devirea likes this.
  14. Rifaman

Rifaman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rosseta 180 personality switch is actually pretty understandable, she's not switch personality but actually become her true self she's old school noble woman or kind housewife archetype that so kind, beautiful, helpful, loyal to her family and satisfied with her life and didn't ask more. As I read it before she's just faking to be brave because her family circumstances and hate Liam because she thinks he born with blessing but when so know Liam backstory similar to her and Liam safe her she has no reason to fake bravery anymore

15. LupenTheWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tori_the_Birb Any update on ch. 13 translation, or should we wait for the other translator to catch up?

16. Tori_the_Birb

Tori_the_Birb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I can't come in online too much rn. So I can't really translate. I have a lot of major subjects in college to do.

I'm too busy irl.

17. LupenTheWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    That is perfectly understandable. I hope you do well in school, learning can be fun... as long as you have the right teachers, that is.

Thanks for the update! :cookie:

18. LupenTheWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    So has anybody read Light Novel Vol. 6 yet?

19. Tori_the_Birb

Tori_the_Birb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FUCKING FINALLY, VACATION. A WEEK OFF!!!

I will continue translation tomorrow. I just finished my assignments right now. I wanna sleep.

20. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries. Keep fresh and happy, and only TL if life allows it. Slow and good is better then fast and crappy, with a side of burnout.

Tori_the_Birb likes this.