Spoiler I Became the Tyrant’s Servant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, it was so anti climatic after all that drama lmao.
    also the manhwa was released

honingzoet likes this.
  2. Yurong

Yurong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for this, it is kinda disappointing. I hope there's side stories.

Just some questions.
    If she is not a Transmigrator, how did she have memories of her as a call center agent?
    May I know how or why she loses her memories? (I read it was because of guilt? But how? Self hypnosis? )

Melita_H, Ang3Blue, afirabora and 3 others like this.
  3. Yaxhi

Yaxhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoping to have more spoilers on this. I am quite intrigued with how they will end up with each other.

4. Astellar

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel it was then explained that she wanted to forgot her sins so she resort to poison or something, but I kind of forgot the exact details explaining how she ends up in the modern era, but anyway, she found out later on that she never transmigrated in the first place and she was always Duke Erina Baloa, and her old memories slowly return to her in fragments.

5. Green_pattern

Green_pattern Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I understand correctly, Till chap 20 the ml seems like have a love hate relationship with the fl? Why's that?
    More spoiler pleasee

Melita_H and crystalleciel like this.
  6. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so to sum up from what I understood from the comments here:
    1- ML and FL were engaged but she loved peter, ML loved her
    2- Seems like FL hid ML's mother (Eleanor) and is controlling him or something, hence the contract. She also has him pretend to be a womanizer I think. He now wants to kill her.
    3- She's paranoid and she feels a lot of guilt, maybe she drinks poison?
    4- She ends up losing her memory and imagines that she was a korean office worker and that the empire will end up being destroyed and that she will die with it (basically the event of the OG novel, she even assigns Eleanor's face to the OG FL in her head). This is why she can still ride horses and her memories come back to her eventually bit by bit.
    5- ML finds out that FL has lost her memory.
    6- FL fills up the royal treasury and saves the country from ruin but her own things get destroyed?
    7- ML and her end up together and she proposes to him
    8- Also at some point he lets her misunderstand that they slept together when she was drunk

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  7. AsmaeOphelia

AsmaeOphelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was no Peter in FL's life,you misunderstood the spoiler.Peter is OGFL's love interest.OGFL is Princess Janet.
    -FL is the illegtimate daughter of her abusive father with a maid but he wanted her to become crown princess and always brought her with him to the palace when she was a child where she met ML,got close to him,becoming friends,met his mother and the two treated FL very well but it all changed after ML had to go to war and FL i guess became Duke and kidnapped his mother and baited him with her for a contract,he has to become a tyrant and womanizer.
    -the 'Peter' is the love interest of OGFL who was supposed to end up with ML.OGFL will become ML's concubine in the story,but she's sent by empress dowager who warned her to not bewitched by ML,ML will have to treat OGFL well as she's his concubine,he flirts with her and stuff as per FL's plan but he sometimes got tired of the acting and was indifferent to OGFL but she didn't seem to care,would just blush or tear up.
    -OGFL doesn't love ML but she appreciates his beauty and charm during the time they spend as emperor and his concubine.
    -Many times time she got close to being bewitched by him,for example once : after he told her something along the lines of 'If I could I would too want to become a man who supports you more than that chair' and 'even the wind is jealous of your beauty' as he pushed away her hair from her face and she blushed hard and her mouth opened before she started slapping her self till her cheek got swollen and ML was like wtf I knew she wasn't normal.
    -And she later on will say 'I have to hold on for the person i left in the kingdom' to remind herself to not fall for ML,whis is confirmed when FL asks her what she thinks of ML,OGFL gushes about him but FL notices that it's only admiration not love.OGFL notices ML prefers FL but doesn't get jealous or anything,she's just intrigued i guess?
    -ML and FL know OGFL is suspicious,even ML said at one point to himself that she may be shy or act shy but she's not an easy opponent.
    -For the womanzing part,what he used to do has been revealed one time when he had to visit OGFL at night in her room,but before he went inside FL gave him a bottle of sleeping pills and told him to slip one in OGFL's drink so he doesn't have to deal with her but he was like i already brought one(a bottle of pills),FL was surprised,saying something like 'oh so you know the trick' but ML told her that's what he used to do to the other women 'he spent nights with' to debauch the empress dowager who spied on him,aka he used to give them sleeping pills in their drink and they'll fall asleep while he's in the same room with them and he leaves after and he told FL that he knows this because she was the one who teached it to him/used to give him the pills when she forced the contract on him,but she doesn't remember of course
    He liked her when they were kids,but then hated her when she hid his mother and baited him for a 'contract' , but is starting to like her(or his feelings are reappearing) again after she lost her memories because she reminds him of when they were young,the version of herself that he liked I guess.
    In one chapter he tells her 'Duke,the tyrant is you,not me.' Because if i read right she wasn't a very nice person/duke before she lost her memories

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    Dao_Teo, ardills, oblomov and 46 others like this.
  8. Astellar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, before she use that poison to erase her memories, she was a very cruel and cold person. ML only acts as tyrant per their contract, but shes the one who made all those things happen.
    BTW, the novel is almost completely translated.

Dao_Teo, komo komo, Melita_H and 16 others like this.
  9. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So MC started out a fairly decent person when young, ML goes to war and she takes the chance to abduct and imprison his mom and blackmail him into ruling like a psychopath.

Why?

Like, what was the goal of this whole plan? And was she forced into it somehow or driven to extremes by something? (Only thing that makes sense with how she’s so guilt ridden over her actions that she gave herself amnesia)

10. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it ever mention why Duchess become evil after Emperor went to war. What happened to her? Why did she feel the need to manipulate Emperor by holding his mother hostage? I mean, Emperor already liked her, she could've pretended to like him too instead of going through all this trouble just to kidnap his mother. Is his mother even alive rn? And what happened to the guy Duchess loved previously?

11. Astellar

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think Erina abduct ML mom though, it something related to her disease(?) or a poison, i dont remember exactly the details. But it seems that Erina is experimenting with a cure/detox and due to circumstances (if I remember right, it was related to an enemy house), Erina has to hide Elena completely from the outside, even her castle were put under extensive heavy guard and has strange orders for the employees.
    And yes, Elena still alive, but in coma.
    Wdym who she loves previously? She didnt have anyone outside ML.
    Even now, when the novel is almost finished translating, I dont see any paragraph mention the goal of her plan, so it kind of ambiguous.
    At this pace, only a few chapters left until it got finished, there's no leads on to solve the mysteries on her original plan or if Elena ever wake up. I havent check if it has side stories or not, but if they were properly explained in the ss, then it all good.

Dao_Teo, komo komo, Melita_H and 11 others like this.
  12. AsmaeOphelia

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's revealed in chapter 84 when ML told her that she was the tyrant not him.
    What the duke wanted and goal of her plan?
    She wanted Complete and Flawless absolute power.
    She wanted control over the empire but behind the scenes(just like when she was younger as she used to do all the evil deeds ordered by her father behind the scenes,even the good management she used to do,her brothers used to take credit.) so she wouldn't take the blame.She also understood that in all the tyranny was her doing and not ML's,he was a puppet,FL was holding Eleanor on the brink of death and threatening ML, urging him to live a life that was nothing more than a farce, and arbitrarily killing anyone who opposed him and do anything she wants like her servant.
    Why make him a tyrant?
    She explained because if he was just a normal emperor you still get controlled by nobles and stuff,by being a harsh tyrant you have control over everything and make everyone obey,and you'll be able to play with the empire without lifting a finger.
    She also realized that she doesn't hesitate to do any evil deeds to take over the empire, but when the empire collapses under her puppet's tyranny(ML),she immediately goes into exile(because she was about to run away but ML caught her).That's when FL realized that she's still the same from before,the 'forgot my memories' is just an excuse.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  13. Astellar

Reading List:
    Link
    oh right, i forgot hahaha. thanks for correction. It was hilarious that he burnt her ships to stop her from running though, all the wealth she amassed went down the sea bottom lol.

Melita_H, afirabora, Bella94 and 4 others like this.
  14. AsmaeOphelia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes she woke up in chapter 143(after FL tried to end her life because of guilt but ML stopped her),FL talked to her in chapter 146 right before the end(chapter147),she asked Eleanor for forgiveness for threatening her and kidnapping her and locking her up and Eleanor told her it's okay,she forgot everything and that it's her fault that she made a bad choice that day,and that she forgives FL and used to hear what she used to tell her whenever she visited her.They just talked nonsense after that as if catching up.
    FL also went to visit the tombstone of an old dead friend from her childhood(i feel bad for characters like these..ruined for the plot of leads),Cecilia.Cecilia was FL's target when she was a child by orders of her father,Cecilia was an innocent sweet girl and the only one to want to be a friend of FL who was bullied because she was illegtimate.But FL was just spying for her father to ruin Cecilia's father,FL betrayed Cecilia and the latter's father went into sudden extreme bankruptcy and even taken in as a criminal.Cecilia who wanted to reach out to FL that day,crying,was treated coldly by FL as if she was nothing and FL even told the maids to throw away the big pile of expensive gifts Cecilia had given her as they're from a criminal's daughter.
    FL apologized to her too and placed a bouquet on top of her tombstone but she knew that she did Cecilia very wrong and no amount of sorry will be enough.

15. NotMeeelissa

NotMeeelissa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Story Over-Review (this is continued from my previous post..)
    Story recently got manhwa adaptation and art is really nice, the chapters weren't really as I remembered in the novel but was still smooth

The story starts with prologue which is really interesting. MC is shown to be 'transmigrated' into a novel character and is as seen in the manhwa
    The MC throughout the story works hard to please the Emperor and keep her head. The 'story' as the MC remembers is actually not true and the plot never existed or pretty much has much to do with her current world, which is her reality. The OG FL that MC remembers as is Jane (I'm pretty sure her name was) who is a princess from a weak nation. The FL tries to bring her and the ML together but the feelings the OG FL has for the ML is simply admiration and she loves another that js being held captive by the Empress (dowager).
    Backstory on the MC> She is the illegitimate child of the Duke and through much schemes and this and that ends up becoming the duke. She runs the empire behind the scenes and the whole situation of the ML is what she ordered him to do. The reason why he follows it is because there is a candle in the story that represents a person-if the flame is weak the person is this and that and same goes for a strong flame or a candle that no longer burns. She holds Eleanor (I think that's the name of ML's mother) captive so ML follows to keep his mother safe. His mother ended up in this situation (someone correct me if I'm wrong) because she killed the Empress's child I think or something and ended up drinking poison herself so she fell into a coma.

Back to the plot> Jane, OG FL, is set up by MC many times and encourages ML to get along with her. Meanwhile she has this event with a side character that ends up trying to 'save a damsel in distress ' by planning to have his dogs or something chase her and act as her saviour but MC ends up jumping into the river and Jane finds her.
    There is also a part where she takes all her valued possessions and plans to flee by boat but fails and the boat is burned. She is thrown into prison but it's not made public. Eventually after tricking the prison guard with a sob story they are caught but she ends up being allowed to leave
    She also originally planned to leave the country through marriage but failed after a series of events.

Towards the end of the story there is a part where she is captured I think trying to save the person Jane loves by thia dude from someplace that appeared and she gives them this sort of food or anditode or something and they end up falling asleep and this and that and at some arena she is put up for some kind lf show Cardan (ML) saves her and they go back to the starting setting and basically there is a rebillion the Empress had planned want to get the nobles to sign a paper to acknowledgeor obey the dude that had captured MC a few sentences ago or the Empress (can't really remember) they declare ML is dead but MC decided to poison herself as she had gave the ML her candle (and his mothers at some point of the story) so he rushes back and basically reuinion and the resolution

There were several translations to her name that I remember, Duke/Duchess of Valois/Baloa
    White hair and blue eyes, she believes to have transmigrated into a novel character however that is not true. She is actually the real Elena (I think that was her name-) which probably makes sense of why people didn't notice except a part where ML notices she has gone back tk being like her old self.
    The plot that she remembers actually has no impact, and her world is her reality.
    In the past she and ML were engaged, they spent moments in a greenhouse with his mother and its mentioned FL still looked after it as it was in good condition
    The ML likes her but ends up resenting her because of her deeds and MC, filled with much guilt ends up wishing for something and she forgets parts of her memories remembering this as a story.
    Black hair red eyesx described as the emperor of the current empire, most of his scenes are played hero. Many interactions with the FL are mostly her fainting, unconscious or injured. They also have comedy moments like tbe scene where they were picking out outfits and other. Overall, I feel as though the ML has not a lot of backstory, but there were moments describing their childhood and some scenes too. There was also a misunderstanding they had that you can call comedy
    There are many obstacles but the Empress is the 'final boss'. She sets up multiple scemes and attempts to harm the FL and other people, as well as ML to get into power. She also uses Jane as a tool.
    There is a knight that likes MC, as well as dude that MC spared from prison in exchange for access to ships to escape from the father of the guy
    Assassins hired by Empress, framing and this and that

It was a very bland and I felt a rushed ending. Everyone makes up mls mother is awake (I think several chapters ago). Basically it is in the same setting as the first chapter of the story and MC offers herself as a marriage canidate and everyone leaves except her and they end up saying theyll marry
    Imo this story was mostly focused on drama or basically idk the events more than Romance, in the novel there was like lots of interactions but Romance in the last chapter being then kissing and reuinion and some of this and that
    There have been added side stories
    It seems like MC is laying in bed after she has a discussion then shes talking with different people to extort money out of them and then theres a scene where shes holding a box of some family's emergency funds which is a box of gold covered in dirt she coughs ans ml runs in concerned and stuff
    Fast forward to after she tried on tbe wedding dress and she walks down the aisle. She sees ml face and they are saying vows and stuff. The rings are thrown and a crow catches it (i think its mls bird refer to novel cover), and they kiss and thats the end
    If there are any mistakes pls lmk
    Feel free to ask questions

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  16. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did the knight betray her and will he come back in the story?
    What had happened to the empress dowager’s child ?
    Was she ever nice and innocent? (If not how the ml fell in love with her)
    What’s the ending of og fl? how did she dream of korea and all?! (Kinda gets philosophical like the story of am i a human dreaming of being a butterfly Or a butterfly dreaming of being a human)

Melita_H and crystalleciel like this.
  17. NotMeeelissa

NotMeeelissa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure which Knight you're referring to but the Empress dowager child was killed (I think by Eleanor, MLs mother but I'm not sure

If 'she' is referring to the FL she wasn't really innocent as a child at some point she was most likely in her very early years but as a child she had several schemes and most were eventually found by ML which caused resentment and contributed to further plot progress
    Basically she had a task to befriend the daughter of a rich man and caused her father's downfall and did not help her when she reached out several times which caused the girl's resentment and FL's guilt
    If you're referring to Empress Dowager, at some point I think??? The story mentioned them being neutral or just being indifferent and stuff or something but eventually the relationship became hostile because of Eleanor killing her son or something I think

Ending of OG FL: Basically she ends up safe and sound with the one she liked

How did she get philosophical and all?
    If she is referring to MC, I think maybe it was one of her lives the novel stated at some point but not much depth was in it and I can't remember it being mentioned again

18. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was referring to the knight that was supposed to die at the very beginning and was demoted and then again betrayed her.
    There are some scenes in the pictures that shows the FL as a child in a beautiful grassland with a boy (who I think is the ml) while he thinks about love in his eyes
    The ED hated the ml bc of her dead son. Why did Eleanor killed him? So not a super innocent mother as well…

Melita_H, Xi-hime and leahkeenan12 like this.
  19. webnovelinfo

webnovelinfo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! I was starting to like FL but ofc, she just had to turn out to be a real bitch. I can never forgive her. She deserves punishment for all her sins and I hope she'll get it either in this life, or in hell. It doesn't matter if she regrets it or not

Sarah1281, Jeneah16 and AsmaeOphelia like this.
  20. Unknown703.

Unknown703. Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna drop it if it is not transmigrator why the heck author can't make a normal isekai story and why do they think they transmigrated if she lose memo stupid shit plot not interested only bored people would like ir