Spoiler The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Regalia1896, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akiyuki_chan

Akiyuki_chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I absolutely agree with this. They're all written as a human which have their own flaws. Before we know the real reason Ruve turns into a jerk in 1st lifetime, I originally think that he was like a mentally-disturbed person because of his childhood (never loved by his father, abandoned by his own mother, being compared everytime to a total stranger, the first person he adored greatly turns out to be the mother of that stranger, which, obviously, love her more, etc). Added with politic circumstances and other mental pressures in the palace, it's fully understandable that Ruve became like that in the 1st lifetime. Simply because he's mentally unstable. How many people in real life have kill others because of their mental unstability?

And in the 2nd lifetime, he never hurt Tia in anyway like the 1st lifetime. We should not expect that a ML must be perfect. If he's perfect then the MC must be perfect too, which would not make a story exciting. So I personally think that this story is amazing because the author has make all characters as humanely as possible, all of them have flaws and advantages.

2. Eodez

Eodez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeremiah died poisoned by Duke Jenna. He already tried to have her killed by assassins but she was rescued by Keirean and the King. They both fell in love with her on that day. Jeremiah is the daughter of Duke Jenna's young sister and a knight she eloped with. Keirean was engaged with Mirkan's sister (Carsein's mum) and he was unwilling to swear the Monique oath to the emperor. The Monique oath is a way for the emperor to bind the Monique family's loyalty to the crown and make sure they stay servants to the crown. Because some members of the Monique family sometimes ruled the empire in the past, each new emperor waits for the heir of each generation to swear the oath in exchange for a wish granted. Keirean bent the knee and swore the oath to ask Mirkan to break his engagement to his current fiancée (Mirkan's sister) so that he could marry Jeremiah. Mirkan accepted and renounced his love for Jeremiah to bind Keirean to his service.

3. Eodez

Eodez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not entirely clear, but I guess the curse of the Monique clan is the oath of servitude the Monique heir has to take. Each head of the family had to swear to always be loyal to the crown, whatever may happen. Like how Keirean never went against the crown or against Ruve who had become mad because of the poison in the 1st timeline. It is an oath that requires death if broken. So the whole clan may be exterminated if the head of the clan breaks his vow (as the descendants of traitors are always killed alongside them). That also includes to kill for the emperor obviously, hence the bloody hands.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  4. Eodez

Eodez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please answer these questions? Janesarang asked them above but I tweaked them a little. A lot of people who look for this spoiler thread just want closure and don't want to finish reading the comic or the novel, so I'd appreciate it if someone could help us find some some peace :blobmelt:[/QUOTE]
    In the second timeline, Ruve is already madly in love with Tia by the time Jieun comes to their world. He even says to Tia "There is already one woman in my heart, so there is absolutely no place for Jieun or any other woman". Jieun came a year earlier and emperor Mirkan is still alive. Mirkan definitely shows that he only considers Tia as the possible future empress. But there's no need for that because Ruve is completely besotted with Tia and will not consider any other woman for his empress although Tia keeps on rejecting him. (He grovels and suffers A LOT, I tell ya.) Tia starts to warm up to his courtship (and his passionate kisses) but she's poisoned and declared infertile. Duke Jenna also says she is not of pure blood. That only draws Ruve to Tia even more (because he also has commoner blood). As Tia carries on refusing their marriage, Ruve says he doesn't need any heir if he can have her. He vows he will only have her for his lover and his wife. Of course, this is outrageous and Tia cannot accepts such a sacrifice that endangers Ruve and the empire. She pushes Ruve away. But Ruve never gives up. And Tia learns that she is not infertile, and after she's nearly killed and Ruve cries and shouts that he doesn't wnat to live without her (there is a glimpse of this scene in the manhwa when Tia visits Vita when she is a child and his given a new name), when she makes up she runs to him and it's the beginning of their happily ever after (with looots of sweet romantic moments).

When Jieun comes, she tries to seduce Ruve to make him fall in love with her then abandon him, like he did to her. But Ruve gives her the cold shoulder (he has absolutely zero interest), and Jieun soon realises that this Ruve is a completely different person. He is not the man she used to know at all. So her revenge on him is pointless.

Tia will be Ruve's only woman and his beloved empress. She will rule alongside with him, although it had only be seen only once before. She will be remembered for being intelligent, wise and fair. And history will remember Ruve not so much for his politics but for his great love for his empress and for being the father of Adrian, the greatest emperor of all time.

No affairs. Ruve actually swore a binding oath (a bit like the Monique oath) on his life (so that means he dies if he breaks it) to love and cherish Tia and only her for the rest of his life. He swore it in the garden, under a starry sky and all, it was very romantic and sweet. ^^

5. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers, Eodez! It does clear up some questions and hopefully this stops people from coming in and dumping on the story just because they don't like that Tia and Rueve end up together, in that everything is not as clear cut as they seem. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out, since Tia learning that she doesn't have to be perfect and put up a face of being docile and obedient has greatly improved her life.

I have to ask, when Jieun shows up again:

Do her and Tia have a better relationship? It seems that she suffered a lot before and after Tia passed away, and she seems to have been angry at Rueve from the first timeline. Does that mean she never was in really in love-love with him and just clung to him because she didn't have anyone else to turn to? And does that mean the love triangle from the beginning is tied it, because Rueve and Jieun have no interest in each other?

Also, another question about Vitas and the prophecy:

By giving her the name 'Frontier' and letting her take charge of her own future, does this mean Vitas willingly allowed his own prophecy of Jieun being Rueve's fated person to be broken? Is there any reason why they allowed this, other than Vitas took pity on Jieun and Tia? Also, you mentioned that Jieun gives up her divine powers to save Tia - what does this mean? Is she no longer Vitas' favored child anymore?

MatchaGirl likes this.
  6. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As much as I love all these brand new spoilers. I still don't know Who the hell is Duke Jenna, is he the assistant that always with ruve. I mean has he shown up at all in the manwha at this point?

Clars likes this.
  7. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    In the second timeline, Ruve is already madly in love with Tia by the time Jieun comes to their world. He even says to Tia "There is already one woman in my heart, so there is absolutely no place for Jieun or any other woman". Jieun came a year earlier and emperor Mirkan is still alive. Mirkan definitely shows that he only considers Tia as the possible future empress. But there's no need for that because Ruve is completely besotted with Tia and will not consider any other woman for his empress although Tia keeps on rejecting him. (He grovels and suffers A LOT, I tell ya.) Tia starts to warm up to his courtship (and his passionate kisses) but she's poisoned and declared infertile. Duke Jenna also says she is not of pure blood. That only draws Ruve to Tia even more (because he also has commoner blood). As Tia carries on refusing their marriage, Ruve says he doesn't need any heir if he can have her. He vows he will only have her for his lover and his wife. Of course, this is outrageous and Tia cannot accepts such a sacrifice that endangers Ruve and the empire. She pushes Ruve away. But Ruve never gives up. And Tia learns that she is not infertile, and after she's nearly killed and Ruve cries and shouts that he doesn't wnat to live without her (there is a glimpse of this scene in the manhwa when Tia visits Vita when she is a child and his given a new name), when she makes up she runs to him and it's the beginning of their happily ever after (with looots of sweet romantic moments).

When Jieun comes, she tries to seduce Ruve to make him fall in love with her then abandon him, like he did to her. But Ruve gives her the cold shoulder (he has absolutely zero interest), and Jieun soon realises that this Ruve is a completely different person. He is not the man she used to know at all. So her revenge on him is pointless.

Tia will be Ruve's only woman and his beloved empress. She will rule alongside with him, although it had only be seen only once before. She will be remembered for being intelligent, wise and fair. And history will remember Ruve not so much for his politics but for his great love for his empress and for being the father of Adrian, the greatest emperor of all time.

No affairs. Ruve actually swore a binding oath (a bit like the Monique oath) on his life (so that means he dies if he breaks it) to love and cherish Tia and only her for the rest of his life. He swore it in the garden, under a starry sky and all, it was very romantic and sweet. ^^
    [/QUOTE]

Answered this a cpuple of pages back. Thanks for providing more spoilers. Dropped the story due to toxic fans

Onymous, djan29, stumblmer and 2 others like this.
  8. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    He is the true villain of the story. He is a power hungry man who wants power and manipulates everyone to get his power trip going. He is miles badder than Ruve's assistant.

lazynoodles likes this.
  9. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I will take the 1st one. As stated in a previous answer, we can theorize that the once happy couple were just formed because Ruve wanted to get back at Tia and Jiuen wants some sort in an unknown world. IIRC, Jieun was mad at first coz she got her memories also and she wants a do over of the 1st timeline. Unfortunately Ruve doesnt want her and she conspired with Duke Jenna. But it kinda still a happy ending coz she gets to live her life in the end.

10. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Answered this a cpuple of pages back. Thanks for providing more spoilers. Dropped the story due to toxic fans[/QUOTE]

Hey maybe if the toxic fans annoy you so much then maybe don't read forum or comments. People are gonna have there opinions and I lol at you dropping something not because of the plot of the content of the novel but because people dared to have different options then yours, and don't suck the dick of the ML at every turn. Yeah its fine if you like the ML. but You've been attacking people who criticised the ML all passive aggressively. This is not an echo chamber and You're the one who's toxic

So fucking fragile. How do you read or consume anything with the mindset of "much fabs are bad so I dropped it"

wow199548 likes this.
  11. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same Here

Lovina likes this.
  12. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link

Hey maybe if the toxic fans annoy you so much then maybe don't read forum or comments. People are gonna have there opinions and I lol at you dropping something not because of the plot of the content of the novel but because people dared to have different options then yours, and don't suck the dick of the ML at every turn. Yeah its fine if you like the ML. but You've been attacking people who criticised the ML all passive aggressively. This is not an echo chamber and You're the one who's toxic

So fucking fragile. How do you read or consume anything with the mindset of "much fabs are bad so I dropped it"[/QUOTE]

Super LOL. So, its bad now to comment on people who dont even really read the whole story but get to rant on it on various places?
    Guess what? I didnt like them so went to places with fans who were mature enough to discuss it. Who made you God or owner of NU And say I cant post in here when other people do the same thing in other series? Did my post broke something fragile with you?
    Heck, I even encourage some here not to read the novel since they cant stomach the ending or the the plot development. Is that what you call sucking dick? Coz some fans were also sucking Allendis' dick. And they are more and probably working harder than if I did that.

So fucking fragile. Maybe because I dont worship Allendis or Carsein or you know, aeectually wait the outcome of the story rather judging fictional characters? I bet you approve when the author was being harrased coz Tia didnt even end with Allendis.

And you're telling this series don't have toxic fans and I am the toxic one for calling them out? Hilarious. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Also hilarious that thia thread was an echo chmaber of Allendis worshippers before he betrayed Tia and made excuses for him but I guess you convenienty forget that.

Lemme know if your character was so good that you really shilling for him .:LOL::LOL: Toxic fan, indeed.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    stumblmer and Akiyuki_chan like this.
  13. Eodez

Eodez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Duke Jenna, the leader of the noble/aristocracy faction, appears for the first time in the manhwa in episode 75, so we will see him appear on Tappytoon in two weeks. He's an old man with white hair, beard and moustache, and purple eyes. You can see him on the raw here : https://toonkor.moe/버림_받은_황비_75화.html

14. Eodez

Eodez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My pleasure :blobsmilehappy:

Do they have a better relationship in second lifetime? In fact, not at all.
    When Jieun arrives, Tia is convinced that Ruve will fall for Jieun once again and that she will become empress. When Jieun is to be adopted by a noble to be on equal foot with Tia to compete to become empress (that's a twist of the second lifetime) Tia is even ready to accept Jieun as her older sister and Keirean offers to adopt Jieun. Carsein's father also offers to adopt her. But Jieun turns her back on the imperial faction to join the aristocracy faction instead, becoming the adoptive daughter of Duke Jenna.

We understand later that Jieun wants to spy on the Duke, but this is a move that turns the tables. For it is now impossible for Jieun to become the empress. She's become an ennemy of the emperor and those who support the imperial power. So Tia is the only hope left to the imperial faction and Ruve (although the faction will try to introduce another contestant, Grace, when Tia is poisoned and declared infertile - but Ruve, as I said earlier, will never consider anyone but Tia as his empress).

Jieun tries to seduce Ruve at every turn, so the love triangle is thriving. She also seeks the support of the Temple (the Church in a way) - which she gets. Tia and Jieun don't get along at all, for they have opposite personalities and different sensitivities. Their confrontations always end badly, because Tia doesn't understand Jieun's hatred and anger towards her. Tia just want to live a peaceful life and doesn't understand why Jieun wants Tia to "compete" with her so badly. That's when Jieun explains to Tia what happened after she died : Ruve and everybody were always comparing her to Tia, and everybody regretted Tia. This angers Tia because she was DEAD... is it supposed to comfort her to know people regretted killing her? She doesn't feel like she won anything, or did anything that justify Jieun to run her to the ground.

Anyway, long story short : Jieun saves Tia's life, then Tia goes to Jieun to ask her why she saved her. Jieun said that Ruve is not the person she wanted to get revenge on, and she though her coming back was a waste. She wanted to at least do something good and ruin Duke Jenna's plans to the end to have a complete victory over him (or something like that).
    They both admit they've never liked each other. But at this point I think they've both healed their wounds and they respect each other. Tia is deeply loved by Ruve, and Jieun thanks Tia for making Ruve suffer and grovel like she did (Jieun : "I think you've avenged me":blobrofl:).

In my point of view, Jieun didn't really love Ruve. Not in the sacrificial way both Ruve and Tia loves each other at least. It is hinted in Ruve's POV in the collection of side stories that Jieun didn't love Ruve because she doesn't pay attention to him. After years of eating with him, she still doesn't know what he likes or doesn't like (unlike Tia who only ate with Ruve once, yet still managed to decipher on his protocol face that he liked the meal he was served). If Jieun truly loved Ruve, she wouldn't want to take revenge on him, because love is not about anger, resentment or vengeance, but about selflesness and forgiveness. At least in the author's mind, it is obvious that this is the kind of love that she considers real love. So Jieun doesn't feel it for Ruve, and Ruve doesn't feel it for Jieun.

In 1st timeline, Jieun is approached by Duke Jenna who tells her that this is a cruel world for commoners like her, and that the surest way to be protected is to accept to marry Ruve. That's why Jieun says to Tia in 1st timeline when she discovers that Tia is Ruve's second and that she took her place as the empress that she accepted to become empress because she was alone in a strange world and and afraid for her future. And Tia gets angry at her because Jieun never thought about what it implied to accept the position of empress and that it came with heavy responsibilities. It was not a position you could just accept to live in comfort and security (by the way, Tia gets angry at this moment because she's poisoned with the same poison that Ruve is given - the one that makes peoples lose their sleep, temper and mind).

So, as far as I'm concerned : Yes, Jieun did clung to Ruve because it was her only choice at the time. Plus it must not have felt bad in the beginning to be spoilt and flattered, and brought to a world of glitters and riches. Jieun never realised that there was a downside to this because Tia took care of all her duties for her, and everybody was going easy on her because she was new to their world. But Jieun did think that Ruve was cold and perfectly suited to Tia several times. So she was aware it was not her place to be his wife and his empress.

When she comes back, Jieun has already realised that this world is too cruel, too formal and too backward for a modern authentic person like her. And that she is just not suited for Ruve and for the position of empress. She isn't aiming at becoming empress or Ruve's wife again. She just wants to be in the position to betray him, hurt his pride and reject him like he did to her in the 1st timeline. This all go through the window when Jieun realises that this Ruve is not the man she wants to get revenge on.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  15. Eodez

Eodez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so, bestowing a name on Tia is equal to making Tia a blessed child. Since that day Tia can hear the voice of God (she hears all the prophecies that God is sending to the priests) and that puts her on the same level as Jieun. Jieun can heal flowers (but not humans because her powers are incomplete) and Tia can hear Vita's will. That makes them both blessed children of Vita.

Vita's prophecy is not as clear as what we read in the manhwa. Vita just said that her blessed child would be born and would bring peace and prosperity to the empire. Jieun likely never was meant to marry Ruve, for when she married him, she brought destruction and tyranny to the empire. But when she saved Tia and allowed the capture of the villain, she fulfilled the prophecy : Ruve was able to marry Tia, and they had a son who became the greatest emperor of all times.

My personnal interpretation is that the first timeline was necessary for Jieun to know who the true villain was and return to 2nd timeline to help catching him. And her being blessed by Vita, her incomplete powers that couldn't heal humans, were meant for her to exchange in return for Tia's life.

Jieun gave all her divine powers in exchange for her wish to save Tia's life, and her black hair turned white. That is the mark of people who abandoned their blessing. So yes, she is not a blessed child of Vita anymore.

16. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the thing about opinions: it's fine to have one. It's not fine to be a dick about your opinion, which is what most of this thread was where people came to shittalk the story and how it romanticized abuse and how the author is a horrible person for writing the story. Believe it or not, what people say and do can affect your enjoyment of a thing, hence why I have zero interest in several popular series because of the negative associations with it. It's asking yourself: do I want to wade through garbage or should I go enjoy some other form of entertainment that doesn't stress myself out?

There's also the fact that constantly bashing a series in a thread made for it can and will turn people off of it, as we can see by the person you just quoted. I also have no idea why you bought up the ML thing since they mentioned nothing about them, only that toxic fans made them drop the series - something that you seem to have taken quite personally.

As you also said, this is not a echo chamber. Hearing someone voice something that you don't agree with or dislike hearing doesn't mean you should flip out accusing them of toxicity while going on a unrelated rant about them because surprise, surprise, that's a sign of toxicity itself. This is a thread for discussing spoilers of The Abandoned Empress, not about you trying to shout and shut down people you don't like.

ardills, stumblmer and ATrueStory like this.
  17. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for both of these! It's really fascinating to hear, since the story is much more complex and less straightforward than it seemed at the beginning.

It's really interesting to think that Vita's was playing a long game/4D chess with Jieun and Tia. It sounds that Jieun becomes a lot more interesting in the second timeline from what I'm hearing, in that she tries to take a active part instead of being passive like the first go. I do want to go "what the fuck, Vita?" for making both of these girls suffer so much though.

It's also hard for me not to feel sympathetic to her because it seems she had a miserable time despite being a isekai heroine, since as you pointed out that the world doesn't fit someone with modern sensibilities like she does. Being free to do whatever she wants seems to be the best thing for her in the story.

One last question though, if this is also Jien's 2nd go, then does that mean that she starts over on earth before being whisked away again or is it when she first arrived in Tia's world? I can imagine how bitter she would be if that's the latter because it means she never got to see her family again.

MianneChan, stumblmer and Eodez like this.
  18. Eodez

Eodez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is indeed the latter. Jieun literally closed her eyes after being killed by Duke Jenna and opens them again when she arrives in the imperial garden, and the first thing she sees is Ruve walking with Duke Jenna by his side. She sadly never got to see her family again or prepare to come back to this world.

19. Amail93

Amail93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But what about princesses, I mean four candidates to empress?

20. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    @Eodez is doing God's work especially for this story and for those people who are willing to look past the beginning and treat it as it is - a beginning. AE is much more than a love story and a story to pick ships. If you're into the romance part, fine but there are people who actually want more plot progress and less interested in who's dating who and the battle of MLs is just the surface of the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.