Spoiler The One Within The Villainess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Just_One_More_Chapter, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Chorkie

Chorkie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad for the Demon King, Remilia doesn’t really love him while he is such a sweet heart. And she isn’t really being herself either, she is always lying to him :blobcry:

intiria, dreamynina, BJOZGJ and 10 others like this.
  2. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the only one she cares about is emi. She disent even give a shit about her son and was willing to use the soul as a prototype experiment

I don't think what she feels is love. Its just obsession and latching onto the first person who was nice to her

She is a psychopath and they are known to be incapable of love after all

3. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As @theilikepie said she’s totally a psychopath, she doesn’t “feel”, but tries to rationalize everything and behave the way that is socially acceptable or “Emi approved” by mimicking Emi’s character that she managed to study during her long “slumber”.

There are a lot of people like that among us and very often even their closest family and friends don’t know the truth, thinking they have the ideal relationship because their psycho friend/partner/family member is so attentive, reliable, smart etc.

So Angel is not the first to be manipulated in this way and in his case ignorance is a bliss, because we know that MC is mimicking Emi, so she won’t do any harm to “good people”.

And even though it’s sad that MC has to pretend to be someone else imo she actually totally enjoys this act. And this act is so natural to her, that it’s probably now a part of her personality.

But I wonder how the author has managed to write such a realistic psychopath. Probably has the first-hand experience with such people or has done a lot of research.

4. tokki_mochi

tokki_mochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone provide a link to the novel/ lightnovel with the side stories intact?
    Also, any specific information about the OG love interest and the village that Remilia housed?

5. shironashuu

shironashuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6682gf/

Here's the syosetsu link to the webnovel complete with the sdiestories!

I think the manga delved onto the village a bit more than what the webnovel did, we even get a moment to see Sophia bonding with Angel's little brother and a glimpse of the queen (Shitty prince's mom) not taking the reincarnated Pina's bullshit in the manga among some stuff.

6. sovokop

sovokop Shameless Clifford Simp

Reading List:
    Link
    This should've been Yuri. No offense to the ML, but the FMC is only obsessed with Emi. It could've been the reverse of "I'm in Love with the Villainess", where instead of the transmigrated person chasing the villainess, the villainess is chasing the transmigrated person (since Emi is already a big fan of FMC).

dreamynina and Calypso Noir like this.
  7. TsukimiLovesSweets

TsukimiLovesSweets Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Major disagree!
    Remi really loves Emi like a sister, and if Emi had known about Remi, it would’ve been the same. Also, while Emi is her center, I do believe that Remilia does love and care about others. Just not to the extent of her being platonic love for Emi. Her villagers, Sophia, Thorne, and Angel are all, of will become, important to her. She just rationalizes it as products/proof of her sisterly love for Emi.

8. sovokop

sovokop Shameless Clifford Simp

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine if you disagree. I just wanted to give my two cents after I read the manga because FMC is way too obsessed with Emi. It might be platonic, but I wouldn't call it "sisterly". Emi is constantly on her mind, she's her main motivation for everything. Even her reason for marrying ML is related to Emi.
    Feels more like an obsession, especially since Emi and FMC haven't actually interacted with one another and Emi just vanished, so FMC is kinda "holding on" to Emi in her own way. If Emi was able to physically interact with her, I'm pretty sure FMC would go yandere for her. Again, just my two cents.

9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know why some people (in general) are so set on implying romantic feelings between leads regardless of the actual plot. Yuri route implies sexual attraction, which was never a thing in this story.
    Emi felt bad for MC and loved her character as a kind sister would love her spoiled sibling. MC was looking up to Emi as a saviour who has taught her everything about life and wanted to meet her again to repay for the endless kindness and patience she has shown her. Nothing here implies anything romantic or sexual. At all. Please.

Moreover MC has become Emi’s mother in the end which was obviously the author’s idea from the very start, so it’s just sickening to see that someone can fantasize about a different relationship between them.

10. Raven Frostwing

Raven Frostwing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll say this as the local lesbian demi. You do know that girl's love or yuri doesn't always have to be sexual or romantic right? It could be completely platonic and these two are very platonic in their love for each other. Just thought of typing that out since that came off as weirdly gating what love can and cannot be.

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  11. Borednight

Borednight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any info about the first prince (far as I know, he's half demon?)? Like, does he become the crown prince after all shit goes south? thank you!

12. shironashuu

Reading List:
    Link
    iirc yes
    he took over as the crown prince cause willard fucked up badly for supporting pina for as long as he did

13. Borednight

Reading List:
    Link
    GOD IS GOOD!
    thank u!

[​IMG]

'K like... does the assistant that was left behind, does he make a comeback? If so, does he go to the half demon prince's side? (the one who dreamed of going to the beach and when he woke up, he did just that)

14. shironashuu

Reading List:
    Link
    not much about him yet, iirc he's not just an assistant, he's Willard's little brother. (He calls Willard "Ani-ue" (A respectful term for older brother in Japanese))

Borednight likes this.
  15. TsukimiLovesSweets

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they were just bosom brothers, breastfed by the same woman/ wet nurse/ assistant’s mom. Not actually related by blood, but raised together as royal and close aid.

shironashuu, its0k and Borednight like this.
  16. Borednight

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw, shucks! I hope he does a come back soon...

Thank uuuu!

17. intiria

intiria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't usually say stuff like this, but I've just come from reading the manga and THIS SHIT IS GOD TIER OKAY?! IF UR WONDERING IF U SHOULD READ IT, THE ANSWER IS YES, DO IT YESTERDAY!! (And tbh the MTL of the novel looks quite readable???)

Bless everyone for the spoilers and bless this manga/novel it is just *chef's kiss* Literally everything I wanted to see as twists to the usual isekai villainess story, but even better and with more than I even knew I wanted!

maribe likes this.
  18. Nada Amore

Nada Amore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad I didn't go ahead and read the novel then if it's this rough. Although, I don't agree with the assault part.

19. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what about that other girl with light hair color and bangs who was friends with FL in the student council and went to white lotus side?

20. TsukimiLovesSweets

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that a lot of young nobles who sided with Rina and helped along with her plans were disinherited and kicked out of their households.