Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Madam, how could you do this to me?! My heart can't handle the teaser... Of course Luo would enjoy the hit, that little masochist... Btw thanks for the translations this book keeps getting better with each passing chapter. I love it~

2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for reading it! I hope everyone likes the next chapters. I hope to be able to stick to this schedule for this month:

February
    5 – chapter 56
    9 – chapter 57
    12- chapter 58
    19 – chapter 59
    23 – chapter 60
    25 – chapter 61
    28 – chapter 62

starrynui, neu, Aeli and 7 others like this.
  3. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what to make of the latest chapter (55) to be honest. I've honestly been waiting for LBH to realize that SQQ is back so he can stop suffering...But the moment he's back, SQQ is keeping a distance towards him, and it really hurts me when he said to LBH that he wants to see him as LESS as possible... He didn't want to sleep because he doesn't want to enter the dream world to see LBH...

I don't know how to describe my feelings any better than this but I hope it gets better for them, because if this keeps up, I don't know if I will still ship them anymore... I always wonder why I didn't like them to the same extent as I do for Wangxian (MDZS) and Hualian (HOB) I.e. a OTP level, now I know... It's because SQQ is incompetent / fail to show me he feels that way for LBH... I don't want to see their relationship form from being "forced into it from SQQ pov" because I WANT to see SQQ show me he loves LBH before they actually do it...

The latest chapter actually makes me sad.. and personally I don't blame LBH since I see his actions is being influenced by his sword. Well, it's called "xin mo" for a reason.

P.S. I've seen people been blaming LBH and hating LBH in this chapter :| but IMO, how can you expect LBH to not be affected and how do you expect them to have a talk if SQQ treats him like this I.e. not wanting to see him or get close to him (right now).. :(

4. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    It did hurt when SQQ said those harsh words to him, but remember SQQ is not aware of his own feelings. At the moment he only feels bad for BingHe. SQQ did say that he didn't want to give LBH any false hope so is better to treat him from afar and act indifferent. Since he's not aware of his feelings he obviously doesn't want Luo to visit his dreams and get all hansy with him, he's still kinda traumatized after that kiss not to mention SQQ takes great care of his appearance and tries to act cool while maintaining his ground if Luo were to start getting touchy with him he might lose all of his composure.

starrynui and baka8roukanako like this.
  5. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I get where you're coming from and looking at if from SQQ perspective and honestly if there's one thing I absolutely dont want is SQQ love is formed by feeling pity for LBH. But it still hurts from LBH pov because what SQQ is doing right now when he said he doesn't want to be near him and don't want to see him so much makes it feel like there's no more hope for LBH to talk with him because how can they really talk if SQQ said he doesn't want to see him on his end?

And if I may say, SQQ doesn't show me he loves LBH in the same sense as LBH does on SQQ(right now) so that makes it all the more painful to read, because I'm still hoping I get to see SQQ feeling that way for him before they enter into that kind of relationship. With Wei Ying and Xie Lian, both in their respective story I feel that they have already love the ML (in their respective story) but SQQ, I don't feel that, and I find that sad looking at how I want to ship them but it's off-putting coming from what SQQ failed to show me right now.

Anyways, I still hope it gets better and SQQ can show me it's not pity he feels for LBH to accept this relationship for him but it's that he really does love LBH in that sense. (This is seriously oblivious/dense to a whole new level here...)

6. redbean

redbean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sauling Please look forward to the incoming arc! Hopefully your fears will be assuaged then!

Cypress, Sauling and Fran.2424 like this.
  7. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, will do. I sure hope it will.

8. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Please temper you expectations. There's going to be a bit more shenanigans...

The fact that they didn't immediately reconcile in chapter 58 was very predicatable, IMO. SQQ's whole deal is that he loved to act cool on the outside while inside he's freaking out. He's fully committed to his "I'm a proud and aloof immortal" image, you know?

Can you imagine what that would even be like if SQQ was actually nice to LBH in chapter 58? SQQ acting all nice to LBH... after he pushed LBH down the abyss, accused him of ruining SQQ's reputation, then hid from him... Suuuuuuuuper fake! I'm pretty sure LBH would just think that SQQ's up to something. :LOL: In fact, I feel like their little quarrel is pretty damned healthy, after all they have done to each other. LBH shows SQQ what he really wants (papapa, for one thing) and SQQ gets to vent his anger at LBH. :blobpopcorn_cool: They're being honest with each other for once.

oola, Emmabluez and Cypress like this.
  9. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    It is certainly different from MDZS main couple's relationship (can't say the same for HOB since I haven't read it) however, this is also the reason why I really enjoy reading the book. SQQ wont be lovely dovely with LBH, it's just not in his character, but I'm sure he has deep feelings for him by the end of the novel. It must be diffult for him to accept a relationship beyond master and disciple (and the fact that he always considered himself straight) after all he did raised LBH and likes to maintain the appearance of a teacher. By this point we can clearly say that he loves looking cool no matter the situation he's in lol. Besides SQQ won't be with someone out of pity, in some extras we can see that he actually initiates contact so his feelings are mutual, he just refuses to say it cause it's something only a young maiden would say (or LBH lol). They're up and downs are certainly fun to read on my end. SQQ is just being careful around him since he doesn't know how LBH will react to things or what he's thinking. Like @redbean said I hope that you'll stick to reading it ti'lI the end.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    baka8roukanako and Sauling like this.
  10. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, when LBH was ripping his clothes off, SQQ accused LBH of being "unfilial" and in the previous chapters, he muses that he raised a filial girl (Ning Yingying). SQQ is still in "I'm your Shizun who raised you" mode.

baka8roukanako, earp and Cypress like this.
  11. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still going to continue with the story on my end, don't worry :) and yeah I do also hope that by the end of the novel, SQQ can show me he does love LBH in that sense. I guess it being different to MDZS is what makes it unique. Either way, I hope I can come to love them more once they're together. For me right now I just feel sorry for LBH on my end because he holds strong feelings for SQQ and I know how hurtful it is when his Shizun doesn't want to see him :blobconfounded:

P.S. if you haven't read it, then you definitely should give Heaven Official Blessing a try, it's totally recommended :aww: I believe you would love it :cookie: ML and MC in there are great characters imo ^^''

baka8roukanako and Cypress like this.
  12. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome!
    It's definitely sad on LBH's end I'm not gonna lie it breaks my heart seeing him so upset. I still see him as a child even though he's gone black lol.
    HOB, I'm definitely gonna read it no questions there. I was gonna start this weekend, but test are coming up and I felt that if I start reading it I was gonna start neglecting my studies since my mind would only be filled with it lol. What chapter are you on btw?!

baka8roukanako and Sauling like this.
  13. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, and yeah I guess when it comes to LBH to Sizhun he's probably a child still lol. Personally for me, I really do feel like giving LBH a hug because of this. I just want him to feel reassured that SQQ does care and loves him :blob_teary:. I guess if LBH can feel the love from SQQ once all this misunderstanding is cleared up then I'm happy. I dont know how they're like after they're together since I didn't read the extras on my end, but I'm looking forward to it once they're together to see what they're like ^^

Oh great! And yeah, understandable for you there. Good luck with your exams! And once thats done you can enjoy HOB :) (though for me it's a natural like since I love the MC and ML and their interaction :love: Anyways, Let me know what you think of the HOB once you've read it! Since I always want to hear what fans think:aww: I'm up to check 77 :cookie: I think Ch 78 just got updated today so I'll read that later. I'll send you the link to your profile so it makes it easier for you to look up the translations :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    baka8roukanako likes this.
  14. Lady Jiang

Lady Jiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy Chinese New Year!

Emmabluez, redbean and readerz like this.
  15. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy New Year!

redbean likes this.
  16. littleowls

littleowls Member

Reading List:
    Link
    long time lurker here...

Idk, as much as I love this book, and as much as SQQ's words hurt to read, thinking about it from his perspective I'm not sure I really blame him. LBH obviously loves him, but imo he's going about it in all the wrong ways and coming on way too strong. I know there are reasons etc etc but tbh I'm not sure I'd be trusting of LBH and want to be around him either after everything that's happened.

You can see things changing little by little though :') The lowkey kind of concern SQQ showed after thinking about how LBH is now holding a shrivelled up plant corpse was kind of cute.

Ludoret, readerz and baka8roukanako like this.
  17. Ze Wu Jun

Ze Wu Jun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In HBO and MDZS, both MLs are protective and considerative.
    In this novel, LBH is needy and forceful in this relationship. And SQQ does not know himself as gay.
    And my worst problem is the Cang Qiong Mountain's people let SQQ go with LBH. They are nobless, proud, highly respected and etc. We know they think SQQ wants to sacrifice his body to LBH. I mean, that poem, rumors and what Lue Qingge saw and all. Any body would think the same. A noble prefer to die than being rescued in such a embarrassing way. I don't think that chapter was logical.

Although, Heaven official's blessing's translation is so slow. It has 244 parts, how should we wait!

Does Mo Dao zu shi have movie? (not Anime, movie)

18. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    As for the other Peak Lords letting SQQ go with LBH, they would never have allowed it if they had been in any shape to fight. In the future chapters, it will be revealed that LQG immediately went off to rescue SQQ the moment he was healed enough to do so.

Yes, the fact that LBH was ruthless enough to humiliate the entire sect and his own Shizun like that is basically the entire reason why SQQ was so angry at LBH. Not to mention that he injured the sect members. That's why they had a fight. Before that happened, SQQ was softening somewhat towards LBH.

I mean, SQQ has never lost his temper like that and even his little request "I never want to see you again" was truly savage, which SQQ noted himself wasn't something he thought he would do.

neu, Endlessness, Ze Wu Jun and 2 others like this.
  19. joktzer

joktzer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dont know if ur aware, but apparently a nice team has translated it up to ch 81 so far :)
    (for Heaven official blessing)
    https://twitter.com/yummysuika/status/1076213565739085824

Ze Wu Jun and readerz like this.
  20. Emmabluez

Emmabluez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lbh is honestly such a sweet boy. Besides it wouldn't be good if all MLs were the same ;3

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Fran.2424 likes this.