Spoiler The villainess is a marionette

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jun 18, 2020.

1. juneberry

juneberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Season 2 is finally hereeeee!!! :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:
    I am so excited, i feel like i have waited like forever for this :blobparty:

Chunin, Thamalasca and SofiyeJaan like this.
  2. kali1

kali1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally get you. Cayena does have their other younger brother to protect as well and gave Rezef chances but her bottom line was her nanny - he already sent her away before and now with her coming back had her killed. I do think many readers wanted him to succeed in a redemption arc - if they were on the same side they definitely would have made an awesome force.

As for other stories - many to choose from! Anything specific in mind? just mainly warm relationships?

MiserableSOUL, Alniyat and Creolenerd like this.
  3. Serenade_09

Serenade_09 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know where I can start the novel from? what chapter from the novel is from the most recent manhwa chapter?

4. FaranFluffy

FaranFluffy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers for when they confess please?

5. Odna

Odna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please tell me about how Rezef reacts to Cayena's death in the 1st timeline??? :blob_pout:Did he have some sort of romantic feelings towards his sister? (both in the 1st time line and the current one) cuz it really seems like he does in the manhwa

Creolenerd likes this.
  6. Thamalasca

Thamalasca Editing MTL's for "I'll Save this Damn Family"

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there!
    In TL1 Rezef actually does not care when his sister dies. She was just a tool for his rise to power, a marionette. He actually mocks her before she is killed by her husband. (Thus the title)
    In TL2, Cayena, knowing how her brother works, ingrains herself by being kind to him, he is starved for affection. She bakes cookies with her own hands, flatters him, etc... Rezef in mentally unstable as a character. He is excessive and I would say a selective sociopath. Meaning that he can have feelings for some people, usually those he chooses to let in his most inner circle, like family member, friends and even a lover. But his excessive nature turns him into a siscon. But careful, he doesn't have romantic or lustful feelings for Cayena. It's more along the line of how a child can be possessive toward a motherly figure. Rezef never having received love from his mother. She also brings him solace and relief from his own instability.
    So, in the Madonna/Whore complex that plagues our society, Cayena is definitly a Madonna is his view.

If you look into chapter 48 of the manwha, when you see them both as kids, Rezef has his head on her lap, once again, like a mother looking after a child who is napping . He calls her his sanctuary, kind and beautiful and also untouchable. Cayena is my own he says. Look as the image of how they are dawn together. She is above with a halo surrounding her head that you associated with sainthood or angelic figures. He considers her "pure" and not to be defiled by "bugs". There is reverence for her. Love as well, but it has almost a religious feel to it, not a carnal one.

7. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers about Duke Heinrich?

Creolenerd and Berry.Blast.20 like this.
  8. Milkcoffee

Milkcoffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the princess reconcile with Rezef? She's his only family left.

9. andreeanicki

andreeanicki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats what I meant, like the author didn't want to help his redemption and just did it but let's be fair the real villain is the emperor, hes disgusting, like the way he treated reef is the reason he turned out like that, if wasn't the child's fault ur wife cheated so grow a pair of brains, he doesn't hate is daughter but doesn't like her either cause she looks like her mum and he doesn't like the Duke because its his father his wife cheated with, like what the actual hell that man was supposed to lead an empire but his just an arrogant duchebag. As for catena I don't like her, I never did, I felt sorry for her life during her marriage to that psycho no matter how mean she was she didn't deserve to be abused like that but aside from that I find her annoying, probably just me since everyone seems to worship her, but in all honesty I felt sad to drop it cause of the art and the novel started very strong.

As for suggestions, any princess or emperor kinda manhwa, I just love the setting of them, the clothes and all that. Sad I was born in modern era
    I just discovered Lillian of turin manhwa and I wish so bad someone would translate the novel cause I wouldn't hesitate to pay for the chapter. The ml is surreal perfect for me at least, his yandere obsessive but in a sweet way I think

Noelle Sakuragi and darkcrystal like this.
  10. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    If you check out the first page, you will find many spoilers on the story. Short answer is that they didn’t reconcile. After he premeditatedly and depravedly killed off her nanny, an innocent woman, that was the last straw for her. So, no, they didn’t reconcile. She had kids later and I’m sure she wouldn’t want her kids near someone who has no sense of right and wrong.

Creolenerd likes this.
  11. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    @andreeanicki
    Hi! If you are looking for compelling main characters and a manwha where the MC and the ML have more than 2 brain cells, you should try "I'll save this damn family"
    The art takes some getting used to, but the story is great. It is heavy on politics at times, so it is demanding your attention in order to follow it. Tara Elias and Second Prince Kyle, the mains, are just perfect and have great chemistry and some witty banters.
    I've been editing the MTL chapters that I got from Kakaopage.

MercurialPixie and andreeanicki like this.
  12. andreeanicki

andreeanicki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you ☺ I will deffo check it out

Thamalasca likes this.
  13. Notnott

Notnott Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So , is cayena the original cayena or just someone who transmigrated there ?

14. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigrated after being stabbed with a knife.

15. anzhelover

anzhelover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Season 1 of the manhwa ends between chapters 46 and 47 of the Radish translation(it doesn’t follow the format of the raws, so I’m not sure what chapter it would be in a fan translation)

16. erasersforall

erasersforall Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone tell me about cayena's previous husband?

17. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    His name is Kilian Henboton and he is a..... collector..... He collects beautiful things to own and Cayena was the crowning jewel of his "collection" in TL1. But a person isn't a doll or a puppet, though he sees her that way, and he beat her when she didn't behave as he wished. Then, as she asked her brother Rezef to help her and get divorced from her abusive husband, that is when you see inthe beginning that he could not cxare less about her fate and Kilian kills her in the end.

18. Diko

Diko New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I have only one question. How long will Cayena live? As I understand she will still live to old age, ya? Like, she won't die early, did she get half of her life back?

19. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there! In the end, she will get all her lifespan back. The god that gave her her powers will agree to take them back so she can live a normal life with Raphael.

magfuentes likes this.
  20. Diko

Diko New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you ^^

Thamalasca likes this.